Exam 70-315

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Amar Kapadia, Nov 5, 2005.

  1. Amar Kapadia

    Amar Kapadia Guest

    Hello Everyone:

    Gosh, I think I know the answer here, but just wanted to know for sure (as
    always thanks in advance for any comments and if I have posted in a wrong
    forum, please advice and I will repost). Okay here is my concern. I have
    decided to get my MCAD but am learning this entirely on my own. I've bought
    the book from Amit Kalani (70-315 Training Guide), I have VS 2003 installed
    on my laptop and I also have SQL 2000 from my Office XP Developer edition I
    bought awhile ago. Everything is great. I love the book and work through
    all the exercises, highlight and summarize all the chapters. I also come up
    with various exercises on my own and try to program them out to completion.
    Just small stuff, but helps to reinforce what I have learned. I try to
    apply what I learn to small little web pages at work to help there.

    I was never a really good student so I am really taking a long time with
    this. I started this venture last November and here we are a year later and
    I am only on chapter 6 of the book. But the book has done an excellent job
    teaching me and I am very proud of myself that C# is coming pretty easy to
    me (although event delegates will always be a challenge!!) considering at
    work all I do is program in VBA in Microsoft Access. Granted I am not a
    full time student nor do I take that attitude with this, I just try to spend
    at least 2 hours on the weekend and at least one night a week to studying.
    Sometimes more, sometimes less, but I really concentrate mostly on doing
    hands on rather than the book stuff. Sorry about all that...here is my
    concern:

    I do plan on someday taking 70-315 but there is just so much information in
    this book that I have to wonder does this exam really cover everything in
    the 70-315 Training Guide? Can it be that cruel?? :)

    I mean I am not even half way through this book and I think I have learned a
    whole semester's worth of material. Anyway, I'm sure I'll have to just grin
    and bear it through the remaining chapters but man serious kudo's to all
    those who have passed this exam. Even after I am finished with the book and
    still then have to learn and review all my notes from all the chapters. It
    is going to be really tough I think.

    I only hope that Windows Form exam goes a bit easier only because this time
    I won't have to concentrate on learning C# as much as I have been getting a
    decent foundation via 70-315.

    Okay, that's it...probably no question here...just a ramble...I'll go back
    to learning!

    Amar

    Amar Kapadia, Nov 5, 2005

  2. Hi Amar.

    Try reading the exam cram series instead, they are more down to earth.

    --
    Best regards Björn Olsson
    Head of Technology

    =?Utf-8?B?QmrDtnJuIE9sc3Nvbg==?=, Nov 13, 2005

  3. Amar Kapadia

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Nov 13, 2005 at 5:29am "Björn Olsson" blathered:

    > Try reading the exam cram series instead, they are more down to earth.

    I concur. The Exam Cram books were great but they weren't very comprehensive.
    You'll have to obtain some knowledge from other sources as well, especially
    from hands on experience.

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100
    http://www.mcngp.com

    TechGeekPro, Nov 13, 2005
  4. I agree 100% but I thought the idea of reading a book before the
    certification day was to cap averything up. I dont recommend anyone not
    having at least 1 year of work experience from trying to pass the
    certification. And if you have at least one year of experience your bound to
    have read at least one or two books on the subject. By then you need a book
    that is precise.

    =?Utf-8?B?QmrDtnJuIE9sc3Nvbg==?=, Nov 13, 2005