    I would really like to hear from friends who have already
    through with the exam.How is it?Is is difficult to pass
    the exam ?

    Sharmila, Feb 3, 2004

  2. Sharmila

    Pravin Guest

    Hi Sharmila,

    I gave the exam last week. Try some assessment tests like Transcender and
    the ones which come with the MS Press book. I think the book by Mike
    Gunderloy is VB.NET translation of the C# book by Amit Kalani. I used the
    Amit kalani book, only the code is in C#... the concepts are more important.

    Whether exam is easy or difficult depends on your preparation. However,
    Read the Que book
    - page by page , do all the practical exercises in the StepByStep sections
    and after you complete the book , do the 75 questions given at the end.

    If you do this , there is nothing more left. Although there is no limit to
    preparataions. And give urself a date for the exam, setting a date gives you
    a definite goal. Also you can test urself by giving the "skills
    assessement" on the Microsoft site.

    Pravin.

    "Go for knowledge, money is the by-product"

    Pravin, Feb 4, 2004

  3. Sharmila

    Sharmila Guest

    Hi Pravin,
    Thank you for the help.
    I will be trying out.

    Sharmila, Feb 4, 2004
  4. Sharmila

    Eric Guest

    Pravin wrote:

    > I gave the exam last week. Try some assessment tests like Transcender
    > and the ones which come with the MS Press book. I think the book by
    > Mike Gunderloy is VB.NET translation of the C# book by Amit Kalani. I
    > used the Amit kalani book, only the code is in C#... the concepts are
    > more important.

    I don't think there are any VB.NET books as good as the Kalani books. I
    wish Amit would write VB versions of his books!

    I like Gunderloy, but I don't care for his books when it comes to
    certification.

    Eric, Feb 4, 2004
  5. Sharmila

    Pravin Guest

    Yes definately agree with you. But its that the VB guys feel uncomfortable
    reading a C# book. ( if they dont know C++/Java too ).

    Pravin, Feb 5, 2004
  6. Sharmila

    Lorne Smith Guest

    <Eric> wrote in message news:#...
    > Pravin wrote:
    >
    > > I gave the exam last week. Try some assessment tests like Transcender
    > > and the ones which come with the MS Press book. I think the book by
    > > Mike Gunderloy is VB.NET translation of the C# book by Amit Kalani. I
    > > used the Amit kalani book, only the code is in C#... the concepts are
    > > more important.

    > I don't think there are any VB.NET books as good as the Kalani books. I
    > wish Amit would write VB versions of his books!
    >
    > I like Gunderloy, but I don't care for his books when it comes to
    > certification.

    Hmm... Well I've read both the Gunderloy & Kalani versions of the developing
    desktop apps books and IMHO, aside from the languages used, they're both the
    same book, so I'm not sure how you can say they're not so good for
    certification?

    Looks to me like one was given the other's book and asked to translate to
    the other language... Or they collaborated on the book... In either case,
    they're both damn good books :)

    Lorne

    Lorne Smith, Feb 5, 2004