    because i haven`t really work with Microsot.NET
    Can Somebody give me a help or something like else, that
    i get on friday a successfull exam?!

    Piper, Sep 6, 2004

  2. > i haven`t really work with Microsot.NET

    yet you're taking the exam!!!

    who said ms certification has value!!!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 7, 2004

  3. Piper

    Mac Guest

    Kline I appreciate your sentiment.

    I have 20 years in IT with the last four years devoted to
    ..NET (mostly sql2000/ web applications with a smattering
    of Windows service, windows application and xml).

    I have recently found myself in the position where I am
    contracting my services out. I have decided that it would
    be beneficial to have the MS Certification. I made this
    determination without truly understanding the benefit
    that certification would provided to me. Since embarking
    on this course I have started with the area that I have
    the most experience in - MCAD 305. I am using the Mike
    Gunderloy book to prepare for the exam. I have found this
    process to be a beneficial one in that I have definitely
    learned things that I did not encounter in four years of
    web application development.

    To put all this in context. Would I hire someone on the
    basis of just having an MCSD and no other experience? Not
    too likely. Would an MCSD cause me to look closer at a
    prospective candidate? Yes. Do I expect that those hiring
    share this viewpoint? It depends on the quality of the HR
    department or manager doing the hiring.

    Mac, Sep 8, 2004
  4. Piper

    Guest Guest

    i must absolve the exam for a job, the chef means it is a
    really good access for my future. Over 2 months, i have
    worked i work with c++! Also i have expierence with sql,
    but i am afraid, because i think my expierence isn't
    enough for this exam.I will see it on friday and i hope i
    am successful ;)

    Piper

    Guest, Sep 8, 2004
  5. >i must absolve the exam for a job, the chef means it is a
    >really good access for my future. Over 2 months, i have
    >worked i work with c++! Also i have expierence with sql,
    >but i am afraid, because i think my expierence isn't
    >enough for this exam.I will see it on friday and i hope i
    >am successful ;)

    no disrespect, as i'm sure you'll make a good career for yourself in
    IT. However, it's ridiculous when people can become 'certified' for
    subject matters there know little about. Certification should prove
    that a person, product etc, is certified to perform the task required.
    ms certs prove nothing of the sort hence why they are worthless.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 8, 2004
  6. >It depends on the quality of the HR
    >department or manager doing the hiring.

    absolutely, hence why we hire only people with proven experience in
    'our' business sector. Maybe this is why the company has bucked the
    market tend and continues to return an increase in profits, or could
    it be because we have far less expenditure within IT, than our
    competitors, who themselves are in a slump.

    I still recommend to the [few] grads we take on, to pursue
    certification (not just ms celts). However the goal is not simply to
    pass the meaningless celt, but rather to gain a far greater
    understanding of the product(s) than that covered in the topics.
    Whether they do so or not is up to them, either way they need to end
    up meeting our standards not those required in order to pass these
    type of simple exams.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 8, 2004
  7. Piper

    Schfooge Guest

    >i must absolve the exam for a job

    Take the exam to a Catholic church and put it in the confessional. I'm
    pretty sure only priests are allowed to grant absolution.

    Schfooge, Sep 8, 2004
  8. > >i must absolve the exam for a job

    >Take the exam to a Catholic church and put it in the confessional. I'm
    >pretty sure only priests are allowed to grant absolution.

    may the lord bless you and keep you my son.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 8, 2004