    full benefit without better methodologies. I currently do specs but don't
    have any formal training. I would like to have a few more tools and
    approaches. Any thoughts or recommendations? Regards, Chris.

    Chris Kennedy, Jun 26, 2004

  2. >I have just passed my Web Applications exam and I am starting on the web
    >services one. Although I want the full MCSD qualification I would like to
    >know if you actually need Windows Exam 70-306 to pass the 70-300 solution
    >architecure exam.

    one for you Cindy...

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 26, 2004

  3. Chris Kennedy

    Eric Guest

    Chris Kennedy wrote:

    > I would like to know if you actually need Windows Exam 70-306 to pass

    the
    > 70-300 solution architecure exam. I work for a web design company and
    > we never use or design windows based apps. I really want to get up to
    > speed on more object orientated methodologies

    That's hard to answer, but in my mind the 70-300 is for the "big
    picture" of designing systems, whereas the 70-305 and 70-306 is more
    for designing individual programs using OOP.

    I'm guessing you don't need to take these in a certain order, but I'm
    the kind of person who likes to start at the individual program unit
    level and move up from there.

    I wouldn't say it's "wrong" to start looking at it from the system side
    first.

    Eric

    Eric, Jun 29, 2004
  4. >That's hard to answer, but in my mind the 70-300 is for the "big
    >picture" of designing systems,

    If developing software was as easy as that exam, we would ALL be out
    of a job.

    Developing software [correctly] is *many* times harder than that exam
    would have you believe. It involves procedures, practices and
    techniques not even mentioned in the exam topics.

    >whereas the 70-305 and 70-306 is more
    >for designing individual programs using OOP.

    No, it's only about related dot net technologies; hardly touches on oo
    practices.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jul 1, 2004