exam 70-292 FAILED. Score 650!!!!

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Kevin, Feb 21, 2005.

  1. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    Hi all,

    Has anyone passed this exam since Jan 2005? I am MCSE
    2000 and have 10 years IT and networking experience. I
    have been using Windows Server 2003 almost 15 months and
    have a good knowledge and hands-on skills with this
    product.

    I was prepared for the exam and sat for the exam on
    18/02/05, I was so confident that I will pass the exam
    and I believe that I did well, but guess what? I FAILED
    with a score of 650 and passing score of 700. I have done
    many Microsoft exams and never failed one, except this
    one (70-292).
    has anyone have any suggestion of what might went wrong
    and what I can do to improve and pass the exam.

    any suggestion welcome.

    Regards,

    Kevin

    Kevin, Feb 21, 2005

  2. I'm sorry you failed, but you didn't need to post it 5 times.

    --
    "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

    justafreak.com
    ..

    The Rev \(MCT\), Feb 21, 2005

  3. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    I was asking for your suggestions, not for your arrogant
    respond.

    I'm always right.

    Kevin, Feb 21, 2005
  4. Wasn't the fact you needed help. I just did not see any need for this
    message to appear 5+ times.

    --
    "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

    justafreak.com
    ..

    The Rev \(MCT\), Feb 22, 2005
  5. Kevin

    kd1966 Guest

    In that case, I'm gonna be asking you for investment advice soon......
    that and some 2000 server ?'s............

    kd1966, Feb 22, 2005
  6. Kevin

    Maddas69 Guest

    Two of my co-workers have passed:

    One took it twice and scored 500 and then 900
    The other one took it three times and scored 650, 650 and 700

    I have failed twice with 600 and 650......

    The strange thing is that one of my other co-workers took the test and
    failed with 600. He then checked up all the questions he could remember and
    found out that out of the 40 questions you get on the test he verified that
    he had the correct answer on 28, he had 2 obvious errors and he couldn`t
    remember the last 10 questions.

    So he must have had the wrong answer on all the last 10 questions he
    couldn`t remember then to get a 600 score..........

    This exam really stinks big time. It focuses on tiny silly stuff, mostly
    things you NEVER use in the real world, and the questions are ment to trick
    you into answering wrong.

    On top of it all MS assumes you spend 30 minutes on all the declaimers and
    explanations in the beginning of the test, and therefore deducts 30 minutes
    from the total of 180 min you have to take the exam. Now come on.........the
    introductions takes 5 minutes max.............

    But then again.....it is the first time these tests actually has been
    difficult.......so I am up for the challenge, as long as the stuff is
    relevant, and the tests are fair, which I don`t think they are at the moment.

    Maddas69, Feb 22, 2005
  7. Kevin

    catwalker63 Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?TWFkZGFzNjk=?=" <> prattled ceaslessly in

    > Two of my co-workers have passed:
    >
    > One took it twice and scored 500 and then 900
    > The other one took it three times and scored 650, 650 and 700
    >
    > I have failed twice with 600 and 650......
    >
    > The strange thing is that one of my other co-workers took the test and
    > failed with 600. He then checked up all the questions he could
    > remember and found out that out of the 40 questions you get on the
    > test he verified that he had the correct answer on 28, he had 2
    > obvious errors and he couldn`t remember the last 10 questions.
    >
    > So he must have had the wrong answer on all the last 10 questions he
    > couldn`t remember then to get a 600 score..........

    If you are looking to figure out how many questions you can get wrong to
    get a pass, you will fail. The actual percentages are obscured
    deliberately. All exams have a passing score of 700 but that does not
    equate to 70% or 700/1000. Questions are weighted -- one question may be
    worth more than another. In addition, an acceptable level for each exam
    is determined and that level is given the label "700" (maybe 63% is
    equated to 700 or 85% or 99% -- no one is allowed to know). All results
    above and below the acceptable level are reported using that scale.
    There have been reported scores for MS exams over 1000. And every exam
    has the potential to have a different acceptable level. So you aren't
    going to be able to count how many questions you "know" you got right and
    make it mean anything in relation to your score report.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "Eat your cereal with a fork and do your homework in the dark."

    catwalker63, Feb 28, 2005
  8. Kevin

    fmsmcse Guest

    I agree and don't accept to fail at fool stuff, really useless in the real
    world.

    In the real world you can go back one screen if you are prompted for an
    error, but MCSE's been oblied to debug scripts and cmd lines with mbsa????
    RIDICULOUS.

    LET'S MEASURE KNOWLEDGE, NOT "BY THE BOOK" STUFF!!

    fmsmcse, Mar 29, 2005