    70-272 being more difficult. Argh!

    Any adice or tips are greatly appreciated!

    Thanks! - Austing

    Austin, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Austin

    Bobby Guest

    Hi Austin,

    When I took this exam a couple of months back, almost everyone in this
    newsgroup was saying how easy this exam was. I too, personally found it to be
    easy. In fact, I felt this is among the easiest of all MCP exams.

    However, lately, more and more posts suggest that this is a difficult exam.
    I am not sure if there is any change in this exam. I found this exam to be
    very practical that as long as you have experience working with XP and
    troubleshooting it, you can make it through quite easily. Just watch out for
    the Outlook Express, Outlook and Internet Explorer. You need to go deep into
    these.

    Furthermore the MSPress book for this exam is about the best so far. Anyway,
    all the best to you.

    Hope this helps.

    Bobby

    Bobby, Oct 19, 2004

  3. Austin

    Guest Guest

    Austin,

    I agree with Bobby when he says the posts seem to be
    leaning towards 70-272 being harder and maybe the test has
    changed since it first came out. I have not taken the
    70-271 but I did pass the 70-272. I felt the MS Press book
    was a very good book but it did not prepare me for the exam
    that well. There were a lot of Networking questions on my
    exam and since I do have some experience in that area, I
    did OK. I read all of the post about IE, Outlook and
    Outlook Express and on my exam, there were not that many
    questions in those areas. There were some - but not
    heavily weighted in those areas. Try not to stress over
    it as this will take away from the energy you need to use
    on the test. Study the practicve tests in the book and on
    the CD and if you have experience troubleshooting XP, you
    should be OK. Good luck.

    Guest, Oct 19, 2004
  4. Austin

    Guest Guest

    HI,

    Sounds like you did exactly what I did. I recently studied
    hard for 271 and passed. I took a look at some of the
    practice questions for 272 and have decided that I am
    going to jump the gun and take the test.

    I do have about 3 years expierence with XP in a domain
    environment. But OE was never used.

    I'll let you know how it goes...

    Guest, Oct 19, 2004
  5. Austin

    Eric Guest

    Well I just took 272 and got a 890. If yu have been using
    XP for some time you really shouldn't have any fear at
    all. The only studying I did was looking at the questions
    from certquest.net

    So depending on your background, I say go for it!

    Eric, Oct 20, 2004