    questions.

    Thanks for your support
    Serge
    serge calderara, Dec 2, 2003

  2. serge calderara

    Jans Guest

    You must study hard baby.....
    if you fail the exam is becouse you don't know WinXP...
    obviously

    fool.

    the
    >score of 650 and mark was 700 so really close to get it.
    >
    >UI jhave notice that a lot of question was not even
    >discuss in the trianing Kit and was surprise to get them
    >and a lot of question around, networking, VPN and

    security

    Jans, Dec 2, 2003

  3. serge calderara

    Plain Guest

    Serge:
    You come very close to pass! The problem with the
    training kit's questions and answers are they are too
    simple. If you buy the 70-270 Exam Readiness Review from
    Microsoft, the questions are more difficult! After you
    complete that try a more realistic exam simulator,
    Transcender, they have an online version called TransCram
    and it is only $29 for 72 hours.
    I am sure you will pass on the second try!
    Good luck!
    Jane

    Plain , Dec 2, 2003
  4. serge calderara

    Guest Guest

    Thnaks for you comments JAne,
    I have actually the readines review of microsoft and the
    problem with such question is that after a while you kow
    the questionand answer by heart.
    I will have a look on transcender you mentionned.

    By the way do u know if the pass score is always the same
    whatever the question series?

    thnaks agin
    serge

    Guest, Dec 2, 2003
  5. serge calderara

    Plain Guest

    Yes. In my exam score it stated 700 is the passing
    score. Several of my friends confirmed that also. I had
    the same problem with readiness review. That is why you
    need a third source! The first is from the Training Kit,
    second from Readiness Review and a third from an
    independent source. Hopefully in increasing degree of
    difficulty.

    I tried Prelogic's test simulation. But the questions
    were relatively simple. There are others like MeasureUP,
    Self-Test. But the best is TransCram. It is online and
    you don't want to keep the test after the exam.

    One more time, Good Luck! So close yet so far!

    Plain , Dec 2, 2003
  6. serge calderara

    Vincent Guest

    Hi,

    It is not unusual to get a fail even you relied on the
    Microsoft offical guide. I got the core MCSE 2003 guide,
    however, it cover just about 90% of the exams. Therefore
    if you are not very familiar with the content or you are
    not an exprienced engineer, you got a fail.

    All I suggest is try more simulation questions on web or
    even buy some third party questions. Some of the
    questions are highly related to real exams questions. Pay
    for the simulation and you save your time and exam fee. I
    try those questions and get 3 exams passed in less than a
    month.

    Vincent

    Vincent, Dec 2, 2003
  7. serge calderara

    Guest Guest

    It took you 6 months to study for 270? study harder then.
    I started studying a month ago, and in the mean time i
    passed exams 210,215 and 216.

    Just study harder!

    BSoD

    Guest, Dec 2, 2003
  8. serge calderara

    anonymous Guest

    Refer TK materials for succsess

    anonymous, Dec 3, 2003
  9. serge calderara

    jones_net Guest

    "serge calderara" <> wrote in message > UI jhave notice that a lot of question was not even
    > discuss in the trianing Kit and was surprise to get them
    > and a lot of question around, networking, VPN and security
    > and I guest that questions range point was high...

    I have just passed this 2 weeks ago, and I experienced the same about
    the missing information.
    The problem is, that the MS Training kit doesn't tell you about all
    the exceptions from normal, and they don't tell you about the command
    line version of the GUI programmes.
    A guy from my exam told that he had 16 questions saying "which command
    would you use if..." He knew what to do i a GUI interface, but he
    didn't knew the command line name... They are not mentioned in the
    Traning Kit:-(
    You have to read the Windows XP Resource Kit on this page:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...rodtechnol/winxppro/reskit/prork_overview.asp

    And yes, it's about 400 normal pages, so have fun:-/

    I didn't read the entire kit, because I had som videos called CBT
    Nuggets which were bassed on the Kit (they were included in the price,
    so I can't tell you the price)

    > DO u know the the minimum score of 700 is always the same
    > whatever the question series or does it depends on the
    > questions.

    The minimum score i 700 everytime.

    /J
    jones_net, Dec 3, 2003
  10. When I say that it tooks 6 months its becasue I am also
    woerking during all days and as my company do not want to
    pay attention to such certification I ^had to handle it my
    self during my few spare time. so it was about 2 hours per
    night and not easy when you have familly. so that explain
    why so lomg

    sergge calderara, Dec 3, 2003
  11. serge calderara

    Yoshi Guest

    You must be prepared and expect the unexpected.

    The exam will cover the material - and also stuff you may never have
    heard of! You might say that this isn't fair. But then life itself
    isn't fair..

    Out there, in the real world, you're going to be faced with weird
    stuff that isn't strictly in the scope of what you are supposed to
    know.

    So you need to know the Resource Kit, and a great deal of background
    information on supporting Microsoft products before you can pass the
    exam. It's what sorts the men from the boys.

    Yoshi

    Yoshi, Dec 3, 2003
  12. serge calderara

    Hiro Guest

    Hi!

    Since Microsoft changed their scoring policy, nearly all
    exams will be passed with 700. The difference between the
    exams will be the the scor you can totally reach.

    An exam with 700 of 1000 is much easier to pass than
    someone with 700 of 800!

    And Microsoft doesn't provide us with information about
    the maximum reachable score.

    We have to collect passing scores from passers, not saw
    such a poll yet.

    cu hiro
    Hiro, Dec 3, 2003
  13. serge calderara

    Barbas Guest

    You're doing something wrong...

    One thing is studing to understand the subject which you
    should allways do, but also you have to prepare yourself
    for the exam which is a completly diferent thing.

    I've started MOC 6 months ago and just got my MCSE, 7
    exams later all sucessfull.

    I also have a job and a family and also study 3 hours per
    day plus quite a few more on weekends.

    I think you have a study method issue.

    I can tell you what method worked for me.

    1-study so you understand the subjects
    from ms press/sybex/whatever books
    also try to do some hands on pratice
    2-study test kings
    this is very important, these study guides will both
    teach you something and prepare you for the exam.
    3-study on simulations
    get your self some simulated computer tests, either on
    line or not, try the measureup if you realy want to know
    how dificult an exam question can be.
    4-get back to testking for consolidation

    you're ready!!!

    Cheers

    Barbas, Dec 3, 2003
  14. Stay the hell away from TestKing - a certification "earned" using brain
    dumps isn't worth the paper it is printed on.

    Associate Expert
    Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at

    Larry Samuels MS-MVP XP \(Shell/User\), Dec 4, 2003
  15. serge calderara

    DTrask Guest

    You failed and that is not uncommon, I failed 2 exams for the MCSE
    MCDBA track. The best advise for you is for passing the XP exam. I
    maybe read about 2k, also practise the exercises and DO the exercises
    Also keep trying and what ever ppl say about braindumps, use you
    common sense, if you dont know it, then dont sit the test.

    Hope that helps

    Dir

    DTras
    DTrask, Dec 4, 2003
  16. serge calderara

    Jennifer Guest

    simulation exam

    Hi

    I just enrolled MCSE Win2K course and try to pass all
    required exam by the middle of next year.
    You mentioned that some simulation exams helpled you a
    lot. I would appreciate it very much if you could
    recommend me some of those precious simulation exams.

    Thanks a lot
    Jennifer
    email:

    Jennifer, Dec 4, 2003