Exam 70-229 (SQL Server 2000)

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Jools, May 23, 2005.

  1. Jools

    Jools Guest

    Hi everyone,

    Based on the requirements listed in the book "SQL Server
    2000 Database Design and Implementation" from Microsoft,
    I would like to have confirmation from others regarding
    the following:

    Is Windows XP Professional enough to get SQL Server 2000
    Enterprise Edition up and running or do I actually
    require Windows 2000 Server, as listed in the book as a
    requirement?

    It's tough to find a shop that still sells Windows 2000
    Server. I can only find Windows 2003 Server for sale. Any
    ideas/suggestions? I just don't want to end up purchasing
    software that in the end it doesn't help meeting the
    requirements.

    Thank you!!

    Jools

    Jools, May 23, 2005

  2. Jools

    Jools Guest

    Hi, thanks for the reply, very useful.

    Do you think the developer edition of MS SQL Server will
    be similar enough to the Enterprise edition so to become
    familiar enough with the database to be able to answer
    the questions asked in the related exam?

    Thank you,

    Jools

    2000 Enterprise,
    >have you looked into the developer edition? that will

    run on Windows XP or

    Jools, May 23, 2005

  3. Jools

    Binoj Antony Guest

    We use MSDE (its free) when developing applications and Sql Server when
    deloying the apps, as far I know MSDE is the same as SQL Server except that
    the maximum conccurrent connection is limited (I think 5, and we have 5
    developers in my company :) )
    Go ahead and use MSDE for your 70-229, "if" you find some feature missing
    then think of buying Sql Server 2000, handle the problem when it comes dont
    pre-empt and waste money

    Binoj Antony, May 25, 2005