    book) bearing in mind SQL server 2005 is out next year.
    Does anyone know if this exam and exam book will be
    updated as per SQL Server 20005? Cheers
    phil carpenter, Nov 8, 2004

  2. phil carpenter

    UAError Guest

    "phil carpenter" <>
    wrote:

    >Does any one have an opinion as to whether it is worth
    >studying for this exam (I have yet to start reading the
    >book) bearing in mind SQL server 2005 is out next year.
    >Does anyone know if this exam and exam book will be
    >updated as per SQL Server 20005? Cheers

    The truth is that the SQL Server 2005 Exam may still be
    many, many months away since SQL Server 2005 is still a few
    months away from public release - so you probably cannot
    afford to wait until the exam and exam guides become
    available.

    Option 1: You feel you need to be certified in the area of
    database development. Study for and pass 70-229. Then snag
    the public beta of SQL Server 2005 Express:

    Visual Studio 2005 Express Beta Products
    http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/

    SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
    Beta 2
    http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/sql/default.aspx

    Then get a copy of

    A First Look at Microsoft SQL Server 2005 for Developers
    by Bob Beauchemin, Niels Berglund, Dan Sullivan
    Paperback: 736 pages
    Addison-Wesley Professional; 1st edition (June 25, 2004)
    ISBN: 0321180593
    http://www.awprofessional.com/title/0321180593
    http://www.awprofessional.com/content/images/0321180593/samplechapter/beauchemin_ch07.pdf

    and work through it. Then you should be ready to roll with
    SQL Server 2000 and 2005

    Option 2: You've already taken 70-306/316 and 70-310/320.
    Take 70-305/315.

    Option 3: You've already taken 70-305/315 and 70-310/320.
    Take 70-306/316.

    Option 4: You've already taken 70-305/315 and 70-310/320.
    Take 70-330/340.

    etc.
    UAError, Nov 8, 2004