    should only need to take 70-216. Please let me know if I
    am over looking something. Thanks

    , Dec 30, 2003

  2. Duh Guest

    Core Exams: Client Operating System
    (1 Exam Required) Courses Books
    Exam 70-2101: Installing, Configuring, and Administering
    Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Course 2151: Microsoft
    Windows 2000 Network and Operating System Essentials (3
    days)

    Course 2152: Implementing Microsoft Windows 2000
    Professional and Server (5 days)

    Course 1560: Updating Support Skills from Microsoft
    Windows NT® 4.0 to Microsoft Windows 2000 (5 days)
    MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft Windows 2000
    Professional, Second Edition (Exam 70-210)

    MCSA Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft Windows 2000 Core
    Requirements, Second Edition (Exams 70-210, 70-215, 70-216
    and 70-218)
    Exam 70-270: Installing, Configuring, and Administering
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional Course 2272:
    Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows XP
    Professional (5 days)

    OR

    Course 2285: Installing, Configuring, and Administering
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional (2 days) MCSE Training
    Kit: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Exam 70-270)

    Core Exams: Networking System
    (2 Exams Required) Courses Books
    Exam 70-2151: Installing, Configuring, and Administering
    Microsoft Windows 2000 Server Course 2151: Microsoft
    Windows 2000 Network and Operating System Essentials (3
    days)

    Course 2152: Implementing Microsoft Windows 2000
    Professional and Server (5 days)

    OR

    Course 1560: Updating Support Skills from Microsoft
    Windows NT® 4.0 to Microsoft Windows 2000 (5 days)
    MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft Windows 2000
    Server, Second Edition (Exam 70-215)

    MCSA Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft Windows 2000 Core
    Requirements, Second Edition (Exams 70-210, 70-215, 70-216
    and 70-218)
    Exam 70-218: Managing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network
    Environment Course 2126: Managing a Microsoft Windows 2000
    Network Environment (5 days) MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training
    Kit: Managing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network
    Environment, Second Edition (Exam 70-218)

    MCSA Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft Windows 2000 Core
    Requirements, Second Edition (Exams 70-210, 70-215, 70-216
    and 70-218)

    Elective Exams (1 Exam Required)

    Elective Exams (1 Exam Required) Courses Books
    Exam 70-0282: Administering Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
    Course 832: System Administration for Microsoft SQL Server
    7.0 (5 days) Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 System
    Administration Training Kit (ISBN: 1-57231-827-9). This
    book is out of print. Check with your local retailer for
    availability.
    Exam 70-0813: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft
    Exchange Server 5.5 Course 1026: Microsoft Exchange Server
    5.5 Series-Concepts and Administration (4 days)

    Course 973: Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Series-Design
    and Implementation (5 days) Microsoft Exchange Server
    Training Kit (ISBN: 1-57231-709-4). This book is out of
    print. Check with your local retailer for availability.
    Exam 70-086: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Systems
    Management Server 2.0 Course 828 Deploying and Supporting
    Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0 (5 days)

    Course 827 Administering Microsoft Systems Management
    Server 2.0 (3 days) MCSA/MCSE Microsoft Systems Management
    Server 2.0 Training Kit (ISBN: 1-57231-834-1). This book
    is out of print. Check with your local retailer for
    availability.
    Exam 70-0883: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Proxy
    Server 2.0 Course 836: Security-Enhanced Web Access Using
    Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0 (2 days) MCSA/MCSE Microsoft
    Internet Information Server Training Kit (ISBN: 1-57231-
    731-0). This book is out of print. Check with your local
    retailer for availability.
    Exam 70-2144: Implementing and Administering Security in a
    Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Course 2150: Designing a
    Secure Microsoft Windows 2000 Network (5 days)

    Course 2153: Implementing a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network
    Infrastructure (5 days) MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit:
    Implementing and Administering Security in a Microsoft
    Windows 2000 Network (Exam 70-214)
    Exam 70-2161: Implementing and Administering a Microsoft
    Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure

    Course 2153: Implementing a Microsoft Windows 2000
    Network Infrastructure (5 days)

    Course 1560: Updating Support Skills from Microsoft
    Windows NT 4.0 to Microsoft Windows 2000 (5 days)
    MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft Windows 2000
    Network Infrastructure Administration, Second Edition
    (Exam 70-216)

    MCSA Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft Windows 2000 Core
    Requirements, Second Edition (Exams 70-210, 70-215, 70-216
    and 70-218)
    Exam 70-224: Installing, Configuring, and Administering
    Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Course 1572: Implementing
    and Managing Microsoft Exchange 2000 (5 days) MCSA/MCSE
    Training Kit: Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server
    Implementation and Administration (Exam 70-224)
    Exam 70-2274: Installing, Configuring, and Administering
    Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server
    2000, Enterprise Edition Course 2159: Deploying and
    Managing Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration
    Server 2000 (3 days) MCSE Training Kit: Microsoft Internet
    Security and Acceleration Server 2000
    Exam 70-228: Installing, Configuring, and Administering
    Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition Course 2072:
    Administering a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Database (5
    days) MCSE Training Kit: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 System
    Administration
    Exam 70-244: Supporting and Maintaining a Microsoft
    Windows NT Server 4.0 Network Currently, corresponding
    Official Microsoft Learning Products are not available.
    Currently, a corresponding Microsoft Press title is not
    available.

    As an alternative to the electives listed above, the
    following third-party certifications or certification
    combinations may substitute for an MCSA elective:

    CompTIA Exams Courses Books
    CompTIA Security+5 Course 2810: Fundamentals of Network
    Security (4 days) Security+ Certification Training Kit
    CompTIA A+
    and
    CompTIA Network+ Currently, corresponding Official
    Microsoft Learning Products are not available. A+
    Certification Training Kit, Third Edition

    Network+ Certification Training Kit, Second Edition
    CompTIA A+
    and
    CompTIA Server+ Currently, corresponding Official
    Microsoft Learning Products are not available. A+
    Certification Training Kit, Third Edition

    Server+ Certification Training Kit

    1Candidates who passed Windows NT 4.0 Exams 70-067, 70-
    068, and 70-073 had the option to take the comprehensive
    Exam 70-240: Microsoft Windows 2000 Accelerated Exam for
    MCPs Certified on Microsoft Windows NT 4.0.

    By passing this exam, candidates met the following MCSA
    exam requirements: 70-210, 70-215, and 70-216. Candidates
    who pass Exam 70-240 will receive credit for it as both a
    core exam and an elective exam in the MCSA track.

    Generally, an exam that can be used as either a core or an
    elective counts only once toward a certification. Exam 70-
    240 in the MCSA track is an exception. This exam is no
    longer available. See the Discontinuation of Exams page
    for more details.

    2This exam is scheduled to be discontinued. For more
    information about discontinued exams, please see the
    Discontinuation of Exams page.

    3This exam is no longer available. See the Discontinuation
    of Exams page.

    4Exams 70-214 and 70-227 satisfy both the MCSA elective
    requirement and the MCSA: Security specialization
    requirement.

    5CompTIA Security+ certification satisfies both the MCSA
    elective requirement and an MCSA: Security specialization
    requirement.

    Duh, Dec 30, 2003

  3. If you pass 70-216, you will have met the MCSA 2000 requirements as per
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/requirements.asp

    "" <> wrote in
    message news:05d201c3ce78$67f4a6f0$...

    Don't You Wish, Dec 30, 2003