    since the book was written awhile ago.

    Thank you.
    Michael

    Michael Finney, Jan 31, 2006

  2. Michael Finney

    Lydon Bergin Guest

    I think that it will help if you absolutely have nothing else to work with,
    but usually those books come with a trial version of visual studio, which I
    would recommend you use instead. VWD Express is based on VB/C# 2005 (2.0)
    and the exams are based on Visual Studio.NET (as it says in the title) and
    ..NET 1.x.

    I took exam 70-306 (VB.NET/WinForms) after only using VB Express and I
    passed, but I feel like I would have done much better if I had been familiar
    with Visual Studio.NET.

    Hope this helps,
    Lydon D. Bergin
    MCP, MOS

    Lydon Bergin, Feb 1, 2006

  3. So would buying Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Professional 2003 English be a
    smart move in order to pass the test?

    Also is $309.99 too much to pay for a legal copy of it?

    Thanks,
    Michael

    Michael Finney, Feb 1, 2006
  4. Hi,

    If you are going to buy Visual Studio just to pass the exam (ie. afterwards
    you won't use it to develop programs yourself) using the trial version would
    be much cheaper.

    If you do intend to use it for actual development, buying would (of course)
    be advisable. Is that price ($309.99) for a new or used copy?

    André Nogueira

    Andre Nogueira, Feb 1, 2006
  5. I didn't see a way to download a trial version of 2003 so, I posted a request
    for help at
    trial?

    If you happen to know a way, let me know.

    The item I saw was for a new copy via e-bay. I doubt I will buy an IDE at
    this moment though.

    Michael

    Michael Finney, Feb 2, 2006
  6. Michael Finney

    Lydon Bergin Guest

    I'm not sure if you can download it anywhere or not.
    I got my copy (60 day trial I think) from the Microsoft Press Self-Paced
    Training Kit for the 070-306 exam but I never used it. I checked the book
    out from my college library so I didn't have to pay anything.

    Lydon Bergin, Feb 2, 2006
  7. Thank you.

    Thanks go to all who answered. I appreciate it.

    Michael

    Michael Finney, Feb 2, 2006