**EX BOSS WITHOLDING INFO**

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by maddog, Feb 25, 2011.

1. maddog

maddog

Basically my company is going through a re-organization. My current IT Boss currently has the company by the balls because he basically has all knowledge of our IT infrastructure and is not willing to share any information for the new IT manager. Upper management feels obligated to keep him in a different role since he's done so much for the company but since we have no backup sys admin with his knowledge and his unwillingness to share, and his coniving personality, he's pretty much scared them into believing no one can do what he does. I'm the jr. admin there but he's basically spoon fed some things to me. I am a member of the domain admins group. We also have a web master whos join our new team with sys admin experience also. We are the IT team for the company (200 users). Long story short, if upper management decides to cut him off completely, what TOP 10 or more pertinent information would my manager and I need to get or must do in order to make sure things dont come crashing down???? Note, we know he uses a consulting group for our network and Exchange. There's probably more information I'm leaving out but wanted to throw something out there. I strongly believe my new manager, web guy and I can handle it due to the fact he was spending $$$ for the consulting group which in turns tells me he was probably managing our environment and not necessarrily maintaining it which my new team can do. Any advice would help! Thanks!!
    maddog, Feb 25, 2011
    1. Advertising