    Does anyone know if the speedlight 420 can be used as a slave for the G3?

    Thanx in advance,

    John
    John, Nov 28, 2003

  2. John

    Mark B. Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone know if the speedlight 420 can be used as a slave for the G3?
    >
    > Thanx in advance,
    >
    > John

    Probably with the ST-E2 or a 550EX on the camera as the master.

    Mark
    Mark B., Nov 28, 2003

  3. John

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Does anyone know if the speedlight 420 can be used as a slave for the G3?
    >
    > Thanx in advance,
    >
    > John

    That depends on how you plan on firing it...

    --
    __________________________________
    Todd Walker
    Todd Walker, Nov 29, 2003
  4. John

    John Guest

    Todd Walker <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > Does anyone know if the speedlight 420 can be used as a slave for the G3?
    > >
    > > Thanx in advance,
    > >
    > > John
    > >

    > That depends on how you plan on firing it...

    I was hoping I could set up the 420 so it would fire when the internal
    flash on the G3 goes off. Or do I need other equipment to do this?

    John
    John, Nov 29, 2003
  5. John

    Mark B. Guest

    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > > > Does anyone know if the speedlight 420 can be used as a slave for the

    G3?

    > > > Thanx in advance,
    > > >
    > > > John
    > > >

    > > That depends on how you plan on firing it...

    > I was hoping I could set up the 420 so it would fire when the internal
    > flash on the G3 goes off. Or do I need other equipment to do this?
    >
    > John

    The 420EX won't work this way. You'll need the ST-E2, which is a wireless
    transmitter mounted on the hotshoe.

    Mark
    Mark B., Nov 29, 2003