    I would be using it for snorkeling only. If there is a pdf file or
    something pls let me know. My email account gets filled with spam
    quickly so pls respond here. THANKS!

    Tippi, Sep 23, 2003

  2. Tippi

    Dan Birchall Guest

    (Tippi) wrote:
    > Hi, I got a Ewa-Marine U-AMZ underwater camera housing but it doesn't
    > come with instructions. I know about the silica gel, but not sure what
    > the opening in the back is for; do I need to get most of the air out?

    Nope, in fact, it's the opposite - if you were going to take it to its
    maximum rated depth (probably at least 10m) you'd blow air INTO it, so
    that the water pressure wouldn't squish the housing against buttons on
    your camera and make the camera do stuff you don't want it to.

    > I would be using it for snorkeling only.

    You don't need to worry about blowing air in, then. I use my D-MM at
    snorkeling/swimming depths (5m or less at this point) and I just put it
    in, pad it with the foam bits that came with my casing, clamp it shut
    and go get wet. :)

    > If there is a pdf file or something pls let me know.

    Ewa-Marine's web site may have something; if not, they DO respond to
    e-mail, in my experience.

    -Dan

    --
    Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. | http://dan.birchalls.net/

    Dan Birchall, Sep 23, 2003

  3. Dan Birchall wrote:
    > they DO respond to
    > e-mail, in my experience.

    you're right, excellent service!

    Martin

    --
    "Can we fix it? Yes, we can!" - Bob the Builder

    Martin Krammer, Sep 23, 2003