Evolution

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo38, Oct 3, 2010.

  1. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/30/2010 4:21 PM Just to please that super-ego, ~BD~ wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > Hot-Text wrote:
    >> Aardvark Do you know Nothing!
    >> Why do ask for things made of man?
    >> For Nothing randomly generator no words.
    >> But give out The Good News of His Son The Saver!
    >>
    >> For I here and you see the Words of Nothing!
    >> Why do you need more?

    > *F A R C A N A L*!
    >
    > I know you won't understand that - but others will! :)

    And now from Nowhere, 40 days and 40 nights of intense solar winds to
    blow all this BS out of here so we have Nothing <g>

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Oct 30, 2010

  2. OldGringo38

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 16:17:19 -0500, Hot-Text wrote:

    > Aardvark Do you know Nothing!
    > Why do ask for things made of man?
    > For Nothing randomly generator no words. But give out The Good News of
    > His Son The Saver!
    >
    > For I here and you see the Words of Nothing! Why do you need more?

    Fred Tehbot! Is that you???

    no hace mucho tiempo que vivía un hidalgo de los de lanza en
    astillero, adarga antigua, rocín flaco y galgo corredor."
    -Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'

    Aardvark, Oct 30, 2010

  3. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/30/2010 4:31 PM Just to please that super-ego, ~BD~ wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> On 10/30/2010 4:21 PM Just to please that super-ego, ~BD~ wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:

    >>> *F A R C A N A L*!
    >>>
    >>> I know you won't understand that - but others will! :)

    >> And now from Nowhere, 40 days and 40 nights of intense solar winds to
    >> blow all this BS out of here so we have Nothing <g>
    >>

    > I just *love* riddles! :cool:

    <g>

    OldGringo38, Oct 30, 2010
  4. OldGringo38

    Hot-Text Guest

    F A R C A N A L*! <<<Hmm

    Message In A Bottle
    ANOTHER BRICK IN THE WALL
    Everybody Wants To Rule The World

    Hot-Text, Oct 30, 2010
  5. OldGringo38

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 21:59:25 +0000, §nühw¤£f wrote:

    > In message <>, NormanM pondered
    > the following:
    >> On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 09:19:50 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >>
    >> > And people who bomb abortion clinics are xtian.

    >> Anybody who really understood Christian principles would not bomb
    >> anything.
    >>

    > Much like anyone who really understood the Q'ran would not bomb
    > anything.

    Least of all, themselves.

    Aardvark, Oct 30, 2010
  6. OldGringo38

    Hot-Text Guest

    OldGringo why gave you the keys to open a new door?

    This said Nothing unto you:
    The day will come that I will stop the winds from blowing and put all in to
    Darkness!
    There will be no more Solar Power.. No more Wind Power
    And man will cry I see Nothing have come up on us.
    We will give $1000000 for liter Oil for my lamp!
    Just to see something in this world one more time!

    Remember Nothing is First it rules all!

    Nothing the Head
    and He said Let there be Light.
    Nothing seen His Body of Water.
    out of this Water come the Earth, Moon and Stars!

    Yes Nothing was lighting up the universe before there was Suns to see by!

    We call it Evolution!

    For out of the Water come Light fist!
    in a Big Bing!

    For all thing will go back to Nothing? No
    For Some thing are Everlasting. as Nothing is.
    so will the First Light be.
    But you can not see this Light. Because you Love the Darkness more then
    Nothing!

    This Said The Saver, The Son of Nothing:
    It's better to a Poor Man. Coming unto my Father and be save,
    Then to come as Rich man unto Nothing and be lost!
    Truly I say unto you: the day will come that the Poor Man will have all the
    Richs of the Universe!

    We call that Evolution!

    Hot-Text, Oct 30, 2010
  7. OldGringo38

    Hot-Text Guest

    Can Machines Think?
    Would like to play a Game!

    snuhwolf Cry at the Moon like always!

    Hot-Text, Oct 31, 2010
  8. OldGringo38

    Hot-Text Guest

    You do not know Bush!

    Hot-Text, Oct 31, 2010
  9. OldGringo38

    Hot-Text Guest

    "Aardvark" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 21:59:25 +0000, §nühw¤£f wrote:
    >
    >> In message <>, NormanM pondered
    >> the following:

    >>> Anybody who really understood Christian principles would not bomb
    >>> anything.
    >>>

    >> Much like anyone who really understood the Q'ran would not bomb
    >> anything.

    > Least of all, themselves.

    Only the one with Christian principles to not bomb themselves.

    Hot-Text, Oct 31, 2010
  10. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    §nühw¤£f <> wrote:

    >> > And people who bomb abortion clinics are xtian.

    >> Anybody who really understood Christian principles would not bomb anything.
    >>

    >Much like anyone who really understood the Q'ran would not bomb anything.

    Damn... you beat me to that one.

    G. Morgan, Oct 31, 2010
  11. OldGringo38

    NormanM Guest

    On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 21:59:25 +0000 (UTC), §nühw¤£f wrote:

    > In message <>, NormanM pondered the
    > following:

    >> On Thu, 07 Oct 2010 09:19:50 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    >>> And people who bomb abortion clinics are xtian.

    >> Anybody who really understood Christian principles would not bomb anything.

    > Much like anyone who really understood the Q'ran would not bomb anything.

    I don't know enough about the Koran to say this, or that. But I wonder if
    Mohammad ever said anything as Jesus said, when the scholars of His day and
    culture brought Him a woman accused of adultery. The "Law" (Mosaic Law)
    called for her death, and they wanted Jesus' pronouncement. Jesus said, "Let
    the one who has no sin cast the first stone". Those of you who seem to know
    the Koran better than I; did Mohammad ever say anything comparable?

    NormanM, Oct 31, 2010
  12. OldGringo38

    NormanM Guest

    NormanM, Oct 31, 2010
  13. OldGringo38

    NormanM Guest

    On Wed, 06 Oct 2010 12:26:25 -0500, G. Morgan wrote:

    > invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:

    >>>Man created religion as a form of control over other people. This was before
    >>>the governments of the world started to take over the job.

    >>Yeah, according to conspiracy theorists like yourself.
    >>Don't look outside your window, THEY ARE COMING TO GET YOU!
    >>Run, run, run, hide, hide, hide, everything you see today is a lie, it
    >>is the Matrix!

    > No, it's the Crusaders. They forced Christianity on people, if they did not
    > accept it they were killed. That is fact.

    BTW, Christianity has spread throughout the Roman Empire well before the
    First Crusade. Peacefully spread. And persecuted by Rome. Odd, because Rome
    had a reputation for religious tolerance. The problem with those obnoxious
    Christians was their talk of the coming "Kingdom of Heaven", and their
    refusal to acknowledge Caesar as the God over all gods. Can you say,
    "sedition"?

    And then there was the runup to the Battle of Yarmuk in A.D. 636:

    | As early as late 633 the forces of Caliph Umar Ibn Al Khattab (581-644) were
    | pushing north into present day Israel and Jordan. As the Muslim armies surged
    | forth all who they met were given three choices, convert to Islam, pay the
    | jizyah, a tax, or die by the sword. Such an uncompromising philosophy and utter
    | religious devotion soon brought the Muslims into conflict with the great Middle
    | Eastern power of the day, the Roman Empire.

    http://www.militaryhistoryonline.com/muslimwars/articles/yarmuk.aspx

    Hmmm. This was 460 years before the First Crusade!

    NormanM, Oct 31, 2010
  14. OldGringo38

    NormanM Guest

    On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 18:16:54 +1100, Barry OGrady wrote:

    > It thinks this is email.

    Huh? What makes you think that?

    NormanM, Oct 31, 2010
  15. Aardvark wrote:
    > On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 21:59:25 +0000, §nühw¤£f wrote:
    >
    >> In message <>, NormanM pondered
    >> the following:

    >>> Anybody who really understood Christian principles would not bomb
    >>> anything.
    >>>

    >> Much like anyone who really understood the Q'ran would not bomb
    >> anything.

    > Least of all, themselves.

    Sure. Interesting conspiracy theory or am I onto their game?
    THe *saudis* alerted the authorities to the "plot". These are the same
    saudis that are close personal friends of BushCo. Funny how these terror
    plots always come so close to Uhmuirikin elections, eh?

    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 31, 2010
  16. Hot-Text wrote:
    > Can Machines Think?

    Define "think".

    > Would like to play a Game!

    You, or me?

    > snuhwolf Cry at the Moon like always!

    Will it save the world?

    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 31, 2010
  17. G. Morgan wrote:

    >>> Anybody who really understood Christian principles would not bomb anything.
    >>>

    >> Much like anyone who really understood the Q'ran would not bomb anything.

    > Damn... you beat me to that one.

    Revenge is the oroboros: (wikipedia entry)
    Non-western traditions-
    "Some Hindu folk-myths have a snake (Adisesha) circling the tortoise
    Kurma that supports the eight elephants which support the world on their
    backs. However, the snake does not bite its own tail, but instead is
    calling itself into being through what some literary theorists have
    called a performative speech act."

    Now, consider the act of revenge in that light.
    Hmmmm...and I'd also ponder the implications of the "Eternal Return" as
    an aspect of religiously motivated revenge killings.

    <strokes beard thoughtfully>

    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 31, 2010
  18. NormanM wrote:
    > On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 21:59:25 +0000 (UTC), §nühw¤£f wrote:
    >
    >> In message <>, NormanM pondered the
    >> following:

    >>> Anybody who really understood Christian principles would not bomb anything.

    >> Much like anyone who really understood the Q'ran would not bomb anything.

    > I don't know enough about the Koran to say this, or that. But I wonder if
    > Mohammad ever said anything as Jesus said, when the scholars of His day and
    > culture brought Him a woman accused of adultery. The "Law" (Mosaic Law)
    > called for her death, and they wanted Jesus' pronouncement. Jesus said, "Let
    > the one who has no sin cast the first stone". Those of you who seem to know
    > the Koran better than I; did Mohammad ever say anything comparable?

    Its not that hard to find stuff on the interwebz...
    http://islam.about.com/od/currentissues/a/cartoon.htm

    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 31, 2010
  19. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    NormanM <> wrote:

    >Hardly a mainstream Christian point of view.

    It appears to me that each sect/denomination in Christianity considers their
    views "mainstream". Even Mormons.

    Then you have individuals that pick and choose what rules/mandates they will
    follow, in each sect, in each city, in each church. I know of an "all-black"
    big church in Houston (saw a play there), that requires their members to submit
    a copy of their taxes each year to verify they are paying the required tithing.

    IOW people are people, and some self-proclaimed Christians (the kind that wear
    it on their sleeve) are among the biggest hypocrites I've had the displeasure of
    meeting.

    To me, religion has nothing to do with God. It is about control over people who
    can't/won't think for themselves.

    G. Morgan, Oct 31, 2010
  20. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    NormanM <> wrote:

    >And then there was the runup to the Battle of Yarmuk in A.D. 636:
    >
    >| As early as late 633 the forces of Caliph Umar Ibn Al Khattab (581-644) were
    >| pushing north into present day Israel and Jordan. As the Muslim armies surged
    >| forth all who they met were given three choices, convert to Islam, pay the
    >| jizyah, a tax, or die by the sword. Such an uncompromising philosophy and utter
    >| religious devotion soon brought the Muslims into conflict with the great Middle
    >| Eastern power of the day, the Roman Empire.
    >
    >http://www.militaryhistoryonline.com/muslimwars/articles/yarmuk.aspx
    >
    >Hmmm. This was 460 years before the First Crusade!

    So that proves what? That Muslims are just as violent as Christians? Agreed.

    But the Muslims are about several hundred years behind the Christians, so I
    reckon it's natural they're acting barbaric now. We're witnessing their era in
    history, comparable to Christian's behavior in the 18th century (let's BBQ a
    witch!).

    My theory is the Muslims will evolve to be more tolerant, but not in my
    lifetime. I hope it doesn't take 300 years though.

    Now I'm just daydreaming... but it's possible humans will make contact with an
    extraterrestrial civilization within 300 years. If that happens, religion as we
    know it now will no longer exist. Men will have to find a new reason to kill
    each other.

    G. Morgan, Oct 31, 2010