Evolution

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo38, Oct 3, 2010.

  1. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:

    >>Man created religion as a form of control over other people. This was before
    >>the governments of the world started to take over the job.

    >Yeah, according to conspiracy theorists like yourself.
    >Don't look outside your window, THEY ARE COMING TO GET YOU!
    >Run, run, run, hide, hide, hide, everything you see today is a lie, it
    >is the Matrix!

    No, it's the Crusaders. They forced Christianity on people, if they did not
    accept it they were killed. That is fact.

    G. Morgan, Oct 6, 2010

  2. OldGringo38

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "G. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    > invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:
    >

    >>What else is new with you evolutionists?
    >>Wake me up when you and your likes are done selling sake oil...

    > So according to your belief in creationism, you must also think humans
    > have only
    > been on Earth for 6000 years and walked with the dinosaurs.

    If you did any research you would know that dinosaurs pop up in folklore all
    around the world. Google for it, you should find lots of links -
    http://www.examiner.com/creationism-in-national/dinosaurs-ancient-folklore
    is one of the first which came up for me. Although clearly it is an area of
    contention, there is supporting evidence for it.

    The only reason to adamantly hold that humans and dinosaurs didn't walk the
    earth together is because of religious faith. Me, I prefer to keep an open
    mind.

    > Read the research, instead of believing some bullshit fairy-tale book.

    I agree, perhaps you should.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

    Brian Cryer, Oct 7, 2010

  3. G. Morgan wrote:
    > invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:
    >
    >>> Man created religion as a form of control over other people. This was before
    >>> the governments of the world started to take over the job.

    >> Yeah, according to conspiracy theorists like yourself.
    >> Don't look outside your window, THEY ARE COMING TO GET YOU!
    >> Run, run, run, hide, hide, hide, everything you see today is a lie, it
    >> is the Matrix!

    > No, it's the Crusaders. They forced Christianity on people, if they did not
    > accept it they were killed. That is fact.

    And people who bomb abortion clinics are xtian.

    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 7, 2010
  4. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    "Brian Cryer" <> wrote:

    >If you did any research you would know that dinosaurs pop up in folklore all
    >around the world. Google for it, you should find lots of links -
    >http://www.examiner.com/creationism-in-national/dinosaurs-ancient-folklore
    >is one of the first which came up for me. Although clearly it is an area of
    >contention, there is supporting evidence for it.
    >
    >The only reason to adamantly hold that humans and dinosaurs didn't walk the
    >earth together is because of religious faith. Me, I prefer to keep an open
    >mind.

    >"there is supporting evidence for it."

    Show me some. Go ahead and try.

    There is zero evidence that humans and dinosaurs ever co-existed. The dinosaurs
    were destroyed 65 million years ago, along with 99% of every mammal species.
    Humans as we know them are only 30,000-200,000 years old, depending on how you
    define the human(iod).

    We have a technology called carbon-dating, that's how we know the ages of these
    fossils. But you already knew that, you're just trolling.

    G. Morgan, Oct 8, 2010
  5. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    §ñühw¤£f <> wrote:

    >> No, it's the Crusaders. They forced Christianity on people, if they did not
    >> accept it they were killed. That is fact.
    >>

    >And people who bomb abortion clinics are xtian.

    Yeah, kinda goes against their own Commandments when they kill doctors who have
    performed abortions. Hypocrites they are.

    G. Morgan, Oct 8, 2010
  6. OldGringo38

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "G. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    > "Brian Cryer" <> wrote:
    >
    >>If you did any research you would know that dinosaurs pop up in folklore
    >>all
    >>around the world. Google for it, you should find lots of links -
    >>http://www.examiner.com/creationism-in-national/dinosaurs-ancient-folklore
    >>is one of the first which came up for me. Although clearly it is an area
    >>of
    >>contention, there is supporting evidence for it.
    >>
    >>The only reason to adamantly hold that humans and dinosaurs didn't walk
    >>the
    >>earth together is because of religious faith. Me, I prefer to keep an open
    >>mind.

    >>"there is supporting evidence for it."

    > Show me some. Go ahead and try.

    I did. You should re-read my post.

    > There is zero evidence that humans and dinosaurs ever co-existed. The
    > dinosaurs
    > were destroyed 65 million years ago, along with 99% of every mammal
    > species.
    > Humans as we know them are only 30,000-200,000 years old, depending on how
    > you
    > define the human(iod).
    >
    > We have a technology called carbon-dating, that's how we know the ages of
    > these
    > fossils. But you already knew that, you're just trolling.

    LOL!

    Its a shame how ignorant most people are about dating techniques, I suppose
    its because it helps underpin their religion so they accept figures on faith
    without question.

    Yes, I know about carbon dating. I also know that it can't be used to
    support the dates you claim.

    In the case of carbon dating its worth you doing your homework. I suggest
    you start by researching the limits of carbon dating, i.e. how far back it
    can date things, as well as the assumptions behind it and how reliable it
    is. (I find it fascinating for example how different dating techniques can
    yield wildly different dates for the same thing.) For example carbon dating
    cannot be used for anything beyond 60 thousand years, and many regard that
    figure as far too high, and I've often seen half or quarter of that age
    limit quoted.

    The following links may help you:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiocarbon_dating,
    http://www.buzzle.com/articles/carbon-dating-accuracy.html,
    http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/carbondating.html.

    The last of those links is quite interesting (IMO).
    --
    Brian Cryer
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

    Brian Cryer, Oct 8, 2010
  7. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    "Brian Cryer" <> wrote:

    >>>"there is supporting evidence for it."

    >> Show me some. Go ahead and try.

    >I did. You should re-read my post.

    This one: Message-ID: <i8c62o$64j$-september.org>
    ????? No, I did not read that book, "Emporer's New Clothes".

    >> There is zero evidence that humans and dinosaurs ever co-existed. The
    >> dinosaurs

    <snip my stuff>

    >LOL!
    >
    >Its a shame how ignorant most people are about dating techniques, I suppose
    >its because it helps underpin their religion so they accept figures on faith
    >without question.

    Quite the contrary. I have no religion, I have spirituality. If I did I'd
    probably be a Pagan, worshiping nature.

    Religion is the cause of all the turmoil on Earth now between people. It's a
    divider, not a uniter.

    >Yes, I know about carbon dating. I also know that it can't be used to
    >support the dates you claim.

    >In the case of carbon dating its worth you doing your homework. I suggest
    >you start by researching the limits of carbon dating, i.e. how far back it
    >can date things, as well as the assumptions behind it and how reliable it
    >is. (I find it fascinating for example how different dating techniques can
    >yield wildly different dates for the same thing.) For example carbon dating
    >cannot be used for anything beyond 60 thousand years, and many regard that
    >figure as far too high, and I've often seen half or quarter of that age
    >limit quoted.

    I stand corrected, thanks for that. There are other methods for dating, such as
    soil core samples and the like.

    I can't believe I'm arguing this with you. Dinosaurs and humans never
    co-existed. Please post a link (not the biased one on Angelfire) that explains
    your scientific evidence.

    <snip links>

    >The last of those links is quite interesting (IMO).

    Pure biased opinion by that author.

    G. Morgan, Oct 8, 2010
  8. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/3/2010 6:49 AM Just to please that super-ego, OldGringo38 wrote
    the following tidbit of information:
    > Is this all there is to it?

    Well I guess it all boils down to this: If you have a very distant
    relative named Lucy http://www.selamta.net/Lucy.htm and you favor Oprah
    Winfrey
    http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/53500/Oprah-Winfrey-Mugshot-53706.jpg
    or Michael Jackson
    http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/animations/m/michael_jackson-3401.gif
    in appearance then it is most likely that you evolved from the Monkey.
    On the other hand if you have a very distant relative maned Jesus
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus and you favor Jude Law
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000179/ or Sarah Brightman
    http://www.sarah-brightman.com/ in appearance, chances are that you were
    part of God's creation of of Man. Like they say at Fox News, I report,
    you decide. :)

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Oct 9, 2010
  9. OldGringo38

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "G. Morgan" <> wrote in message

    >>> Show me some. Go ahead and try.

    >>I did. You should re-read my post.

    > This one: Message-ID: <i8c62o$64j$-september.org>
    > ????? No, I did not read that book, "Emporer's New Clothes".

    No. It was in my first reply to you.

    The link I originally posted, and there are plenty of others, was simply a
    reference to dinosaurs poping up in folklore all over the world. The link
    was
    http://www.examiner.com/creationism-in-national/dinosaurs-ancient-folklore

    Another related one - look at
    http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~do_while/sage/v8i9f.htm, I haven't read all the
    text but jump down to the bottom of the article and skim back until you hit
    the last picture on the page under the title of "Inca Burial Stones". On the
    basis that a picture is worth a thousand words, you should find it
    interesting.

    >>> There is zero evidence that humans and dinosaurs ever co-existed. The
    >>> dinosaurs

    > <snip my stuff>
    >>
    >>LOL!
    >>
    >>Its a shame how ignorant most people are about dating techniques, I
    >>suppose
    >>its because it helps underpin their religion so they accept figures on
    >>faith
    >>without question.

    > Quite the contrary. I have no religion, I have spirituality. If I did
    > I'd
    > probably be a Pagan, worshiping nature.
    >
    > Religion is the cause of all the turmoil on Earth now between people.
    > It's a
    > divider, not a uniter.

    Ok, you have "spirituality" not "religion". I'd call that religion. Although
    perhaps "faith" or "philosophy" might be better.

    >>Yes, I know about carbon dating. I also know that it can't be used to
    >>support the dates you claim.

    >>In the case of carbon dating its worth you doing your homework. I suggest
    >>you start by researching the limits of carbon dating, i.e. how far back it
    >>can date things, as well as the assumptions behind it and how reliable it
    >>is. (I find it fascinating for example how different dating techniques can
    >>yield wildly different dates for the same thing.) For example carbon
    >>dating
    >>cannot be used for anything beyond 60 thousand years, and many regard that
    >>figure as far too high, and I've often seen half or quarter of that age
    >>limit quoted.

    > I stand corrected, thanks for that. There are other methods for dating,
    > such as
    > soil core samples and the like.

    Yes. Its a fascinating area.

    > I can't believe I'm arguing this with you. Dinosaurs and humans never
    > co-existed. Please post a link (not the biased one on Angelfire) that
    > explains
    > your scientific evidence.

    > <snip links>
    >
    >>The last of those links is quite interesting (IMO).

    > Pure biased opinion by that author.

    http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/carbondating.html

    Clearly you didn't read it did you? or is it just your "religion" that holds
    you back?

    Carbon dating showing that the bone of a dinosaur came back with ages of
    almost 10 thousand years and 16 thousand years. That's fact. The only reason
    you choose to ignore it is that it doesn't fit with your "religion" (or
    "spirituality" to use your word).

    Its interesting that different dating techniques can produce such wildly
    different dates. These aren't normally reported on because (i.) typically
    only one dating technique is used (its expensive after all and most people
    have blind faith in the results), and (ii.) where different dating
    techniques are used it seems common practise to take the date which fits in
    best with the researchers preconceeved ideas. It shows how unreliable many
    dating techniques are - which you would already understand if you followed
    my suggestion of looking into the assumptions behind the various dating
    technqiues.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

    Brian Cryer, Oct 11, 2010
  10. OldGringo38

    Mike Yetto Guest

    invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid <invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid> writes and having writ moves on.
    >Wake me up when you can PROVE that there is no God, and when you can
    >PROVE that he did not create man.

    I do not make the claim that a god exists, or doesn't exist. If
    you wish to present proof that one does, then do so. Proof of
    the existence of a god would put that god into the realm of
    science and knowledge and take faith and belief out of the
    picture. Where would religion be then?

    >After that, wake me up when you can explain where did that "inferior
    >form of life" that you claim "man evolved from" came from and how.

    Regardless of the extent of mankind's knowledge of the origin of
    life, unexplained does not equal untrue. And to shoot down your
    next straw-man, it does not equal true either.

    >Best of luck to you in your research, you gonna need it, and you'll end
    >up still failing to meet this simple challenge to prove that your theory
    >has any credibility.

    To what theory of mine are you referring?

    >>Mike "don't forget to feed your crocoduck" Yetto

    >That should be
    >Mike "As uninformed and as confused as any atheist out there" Yetto.

    When did I say I am an atheist? I am not confused just because
    your straw-man is confused.

    Mike "too much of a skeptic to be an atheist" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Oct 28, 2010
  11. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/28/2010 7:19 AM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote
    the following tidbit of information:
    > invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid<invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid> writes and having writ moves on.
    >> Wake me up when you can PROVE that there is no God, and when you can
    >> PROVE that he did not create man.

    > I do not make the claim that a god exists, or doesn't exist. If
    > you wish to present proof that one does, then do so. Proof of
    > the existence of a god would put that god into the realm of
    > science and knowledge and take faith and belief out of the
    > picture. Where would religion be then?
    >
    >> After that, wake me up when you can explain where did that "inferior
    >> form of life" that you claim "man evolved from" came from and how.

    > Regardless of the extent of mankind's knowledge of the origin of
    > life, unexplained does not equal untrue. And to shoot down your
    > next straw-man, it does not equal true either.
    >
    >> Best of luck to you in your research, you gonna need it, and you'll end
    >> up still failing to meet this simple challenge to prove that your theory
    >> has any credibility.

    > To what theory of mine are you referring?
    >
    >>> Mike "don't forget to feed your crocoduck" Yetto

    >> That should be
    >> Mike "As uninformed and as confused as any atheist out there" Yetto.

    > When did I say I am an atheist? I am not confused just because
    > your straw-man is confused.
    >
    > Mike "too much of a skeptic to be an atheist" Yetto

    When each mind is allowed to believe in its own God, the minds of the
    world will come together, and all will be well.

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Support Bacteria: They Are The Only Culture Some People Have

    OldGringo38, Oct 28, 2010
  12. OldGringo38 wrote:
    > On 10/28/2010 7:19 AM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote
    > the following tidbit of information:
    >> invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid<invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid>
    >> writes and having writ moves on.
    >>> Wake me up when you can PROVE that there is no God, and when you can
    >>> PROVE that he did not create man.

    >> I do not make the claim that a god exists, or doesn't exist. If
    >> you wish to present proof that one does, then do so. Proof of
    >> the existence of a god would put that god into the realm of
    >> science and knowledge and take faith and belief out of the
    >> picture. Where would religion be then?
    >>
    >>> After that, wake me up when you can explain where did that "inferior
    >>> form of life" that you claim "man evolved from" came from and how.

    >> Regardless of the extent of mankind's knowledge of the origin of
    >> life, unexplained does not equal untrue. And to shoot down your
    >> next straw-man, it does not equal true either.
    >>
    >>> Best of luck to you in your research, you gonna need it, and you'll end
    >>> up still failing to meet this simple challenge to prove that your theory
    >>> has any credibility.

    >> To what theory of mine are you referring?

    >>> That should be
    >>> Mike "As uninformed and as confused as any atheist out there" Yetto.

    >> When did I say I am an atheist? I am not confused just because
    >> your straw-man is confused.
    >>
    >> Mike "too much of a skeptic to be an atheist" Yetto

    > When each mind is allowed to believe in its own God, the minds of the
    > world will come together, and all will be well.

    PRAY TO ME!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!!!!!!

    TEH WOLF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!!!!!!

    :)

    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 28, 2010
  13. invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:
    > In article <>
    > G. Morgan <> wrote:
    >
    >> But you already knew that, you're just trolling.

    > You seem to be bent on calling anyone who proves that you are mistaken
    > as a troll.
    >
    > Sounds like insecurity to me, you are hiding behind personal attacks.
    > Grow up already.

    I saw yer mom in the Bible...she had an AMAZING bush.

    Word.

    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 28, 2010
  14. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/28/2010 10:24 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> On 10/28/2010 7:19 AM Just to please that super-ego, Mike Yetto wrote
    >> the following tidbit of information:
    >>> invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid<invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid>
    >>> writes and having writ moves on.
    >>>
    >>> I do not make the claim that a god exists, or doesn't exist. If
    >>> you wish to present proof that one does, then do so. Proof of
    >>> the existence of a god would put that god into the realm of
    >>> science and knowledge and take faith and belief out of the
    >>> picture. Where would religion be then?

    >>> Regardless of the extent of mankind's knowledge of the origin of
    >>> life, unexplained does not equal untrue. And to shoot down your
    >>> next straw-man, it does not equal true either.

    >>> To what theory of mine are you referring?

    >>> When did I say I am an atheist? I am not confused just because
    >>> your straw-man is confused.
    >>>
    >>> Mike "too much of a skeptic to be an atheist" Yetto

    >> When each mind is allowed to believe in its own God, the minds of the
    >> world will come together, and all will be well.
    >>

    > PRAY TO ME!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > TEH WOLF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > :)

    Talk to Sarah Palin about that.

    OldGringo38, Oct 28, 2010
  15. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/28/2010 10:25 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:
    >> In article <> G. Morgan
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> But you already knew that, you're just trolling.

    >> You seem to be bent on calling anyone who proves that you are mistaken
    >> as a troll.
    >>
    >> Sounds like insecurity to me, you are hiding behind personal attacks.
    >> Grow up already.

    > I saw yer mom in the Bible...she had an AMAZING bush.
    >
    > Word.

    Was it the burning bush?

    OldGringo38, Oct 28, 2010
  16. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:

    >or resort to personal attacks.

    Which is what you just did. Did I call you names or insult you?

    I win. You resorted to personal attacks, which according to you is an
    end-game.

    G. Morgan, Oct 28, 2010
  17. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:

    >Speaking of hypocrisy, atheists are the last one to whine about that,
    >they should look at the staggering numbers of murders throughout
    >history, and then come back to discuss this.

    Ha! Most murders throughout history had something to do with one or both sides
    proclaiming God wants that.

    G. Morgan, Oct 28, 2010
  18. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/28/2010 2:38 PM Just to please that super-ego, §nühw¤£f wrote the

    DUH ya sure.

    OldGringo38, Oct 28, 2010
  19. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/28/2010 2:37 PM Just to please that super-ego, §nühw¤£f wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > In message<iac5gb$od4$-september.org>, OldGringo38 pondered the
    > following:
    >> On 10/28/2010 10:25 AM Just to please that super-ego, §ñühw¤£f wrote
    >> the
    >> following tidbit of information:

    >>> I saw yer mom in the Bible...she had an AMAZING bush.
    >>>
    >>> Word.
    >>>

    >> Was it the burning bush?
    >>

    > Kinda liek Demi Moores, only 10x as thick.
    >
    > ^_^

    U funny

    OldGringo38, Oct 28, 2010
  20. OldGringo38

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 15:47:06 -0700, invalid wrote:

    > Your claims, conspiracy theories, twisting science, and false
    > accusations were destroyed with evidence and facts.

    I must have missed that bit. Surprising, as I've been following the whole
    thread.

    no hace mucho tiempo que vivía un hidalgo de los de lanza en
    astillero, adarga antigua, rocín flaco y galgo corredor."
    -Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'

    Aardvark, Oct 29, 2010