Evolution

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo38, Oct 3, 2010.

  1. OldGringo38

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-10-03, Meat Plow <> wrote:

    [...]

    > My jokes require a certain amount of intellect to be be funny. Usually
    > around an IQ of 70.
    >
    > HTH


    Let us know if you acquire the intellect to make your jokes funny. (You
    did rather ask for that!) <WEG>

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    -- ~~~~~~~~~~
     
    Whiskers, Oct 3, 2010
    #21
    1. Advertising

  2. OldGringo38

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "OldGringo38" <> wrote in message
    news:i89qjh$4de$-september.org...
    > Is this all there is to it?


    Did you read the Emporer's New Clothes at school? That about sums it up.
     
    Brian Cryer, Oct 4, 2010
    #22
    1. Advertising

  3. "Brian Cryer" <> wrote in message
    news:i8c62o$64j$-september.org...
    > "OldGringo38" <> wrote in message
    > news:i89qjh$4de$-september.org...
    >> Is this all there is to it?

    >
    >


    Did Blinky get it right.

    Life Explained

    On the first day, God created the cow. God said, "You must go to the field
    with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give
    milk to support the farmer. I will give you a lifespan of 60 years." The cow
    said, "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for 60 years. Let me
    have 20 and I'll give back the other 40."

    And God agreed.

    On the second day, God created the monkey. God said, "Entertain people, do
    monkey tricks, make them laugh I'll give you a 20-year lifespan." The monkey
    said, "How boring, monkey tricks for 20 years? I don't think so. Give me 10
    years and I'll give you back the other 10."

    God agreed again.

    On the third day, God created the dog. God said, "Sit all day by the door of
    your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. I will give you a
    lifespan of 20 years." The dog said, "That's too long to be barking. The
    monkey gave you back 10, so that's what I'll do too, okay?"

    God sighed - and agreed.

    On the fourth day, God created man. God said, "Eat, sleep, play, have sex,
    enjoy. Do nothing, just enjoy. I'll give you 20 years." Man said, "That
    sounds great - but only 20 years? No way, man. Tell you what, I'll take the
    20, and the 40 the cow gave back, and the 10 the monkey gave back and the 10
    the dog gave back - that makes 80, okay?"

    "Oh, all right," said God, "you've got a deal."

    And this is why the first 20 years we eat, sleep, play, have sex, enjoy, and
    do nothing; for the next 40 years we slave in the sun to support our family;
    for the next 10 years we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren;
    and for the last 10 years we just sit on the porch and bark at everyone.

    Blink the Shark



    O.G.
     
    I'm Old Gregg, Oct 4, 2010
    #23
  4. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/4/2010 8:37 AM Just to please that super-ego, I'm Old Gregg wrote
    the following tidbit of information:
    > "Brian Cryer" <> wrote in message
    > news:i8c62o$64j$-september.org...
    >> "OldGringo38" <> wrote in message
    >> news:i89qjh$4de$-september.org...
    >>> Is this all there is to it?

    >>
    >>

    >
    > Did Blinky get it right.
    >
    > Life Explained
    >
    > On the first day, God created the cow. God said, "You must go to the
    > field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves
    > and give milk to support the farmer. I will give you a lifespan of 60
    > years." The cow said, "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live
    > for 60 years. Let me have 20 and I'll give back the other 40."
    >
    > And God agreed.
    >
    > On the second day, God created the monkey. God said, "Entertain people,
    > do monkey tricks, make them laugh I'll give you a 20-year lifespan." The
    > monkey said, "How boring, monkey tricks for 20 years? I don't think so.
    > Give me 10 years and I'll give you back the other 10."
    >
    > God agreed again.
    >
    > On the third day, God created the dog. God said, "Sit all day by the
    > door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. I will
    > give you a lifespan of 20 years." The dog said, "That's too long to be
    > barking. The monkey gave you back 10, so that's what I'll do too, okay?"
    >
    > God sighed - and agreed.
    >
    > On the fourth day, God created man. God said, "Eat, sleep, play, have
    > sex, enjoy. Do nothing, just enjoy. I'll give you 20 years." Man said,
    > "That sounds great - but only 20 years? No way, man. Tell you what, I'll
    > take the 20, and the 40 the cow gave back, and the 10 the monkey gave
    > back and the 10 the dog gave back - that makes 80, okay?"
    >
    > "Oh, all right," said God, "you've got a deal."
    >
    > And this is why the first 20 years we eat, sleep, play, have sex, enjoy,
    > and do nothing; for the next 40 years we slave in the sun to support our
    > family; for the next 10 years we do monkey tricks to entertain the
    > grandchildren; and for the last 10 years we just sit on the porch and
    > bark at everyone.
    >
    > Blink the Shark
    >
    >
    >
    > O.G.
    >

    <g> How fun. <g>

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    Support Bacteria: They're the only culture some people have.
     
    OldGringo38, Oct 4, 2010
    #24
  5. OldGringo38

    Anyone Guest

    On 10/03/2010 06:17 AM, Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 06:49:06 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> Is this all there is to it?

    >
    > If man evolved from ape, why don't we see apes turning into men now?


    I'm amazed at the number of wanna-be leaders, of -national- prominence
    no less, who still don't grasp the concept.
     
    Anyone, Oct 4, 2010
    #25
  6. OldGringo38

    Mike Easter Guest

    Anyone wrote:
    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >> OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is this all there is to it?

    >>
    >> If man evolved from ape, why don't we see apes turning into men now?

    >
    > I'm amazed at the number of wanna-be leaders, of -national- prominence
    > no less, who still don't grasp the concept.


    You people need to get with the program.

    The old 'evolutionary theory' has been replaced by the newer/modern
    evolutionary - neo-darwinian - synthesis.

    Wikipedia has a nice article about it.

    Realize that Darwin didn't know the first thing about DNA or genetics;
    also realize that there was a lot of evolutionary thought /before/
    Darwin, and a ton of 'evolution' - change - of scientific evolutionary
    thought since then.


    --
    Mike Easter
     
    Mike Easter, Oct 4, 2010
    #26
  7. OldGringo38

    Anyone Guest

    On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 11:25:54 -0700, Mike Easter wrote:

    > Anyone wrote:
    >> Meat Plow wrote:
    >>> OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Is this all there is to it?
    >>>
    >>> If man evolved from ape, why don't we see apes turning into men now?

    >>
    >> I'm amazed at the number of wanna-be leaders, of -national- prominence
    >> no less, who still don't grasp the concept.

    >
    > You people need to get with the program.
    >
    > The old 'evolutionary theory' has been replaced by the newer/modern
    > evolutionary - neo-darwinian - synthesis.
    >
    > Wikipedia has a nice article about it.
    >
    > Realize that Darwin didn't know the first thing about DNA or genetics;
    > also realize that there was a lot of evolutionary thought /before/
    > Darwin, and a ton of 'evolution' - change - of scientific evolutionary
    > thought since then.


    Who claimed otherwise? Darwin acknowledged gaps in his own thinking on
    the topic.

    If self-appointed visionaries cannot grasp fundamental concepts of the
    original theory, how could they possibly be expected to cope with any
    kind of update?
     
    Anyone, Oct 4, 2010
    #27
  8. OldGringo38

    Mike Easter Guest

    invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:

    > I challenge anyone who comes up with a coherent answer to all this.


    This isn't an answer, just a brief timeline, say a survey/summary of
    history and earth's biology, including major religions:

    The universe is nearly 14 billion years old
    Earth is about 4.5 billion.
    The current eon of abundant life is about 450 million.
    Mammals have dominated the last 65 million.
    Some humanoid-hominids are as old as 5 million.
    Current homosapiens, the only surviving homo species - anatomically
    modern humans - are about 200,000 years old
    Written history is about 6000 years
    Religious, supernatural, and moral belief systems preceded written history
    The oldest surviving monotheism Judaism started about 3000 years ago
    Christianity began as a Jewish sect in the mid 1st century
    Muhammed was born in 450 AD and Islamism followed


    --
    Mike Easter
     
    Mike Easter, Oct 5, 2010
    #28
  9. OldGringo38

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:
    >
    >> I challenge anyone who comes up with a coherent answer to all this.

    >
    > This isn't an answer, just a brief timeline, say a survey/summary of
    > history and earth's biology, including major religions:


    One perspective of that is that as the earth and life on earth and then
    man evolved from the conditions that preceded it, then such as a belief
    in God was "created" by man to help him explain where it all came from
    and why we should obey/follow moral values.

    Men propagated religious beliefs and teaching as an exercise and
    structure of power with a touch of humility to facilitate social order.

    --
    Mike Easter
     
    Mike Easter, Oct 5, 2010
    #29
  10. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:

    >
    >What else is new with you evolutionists?
    >Wake me up when you and your likes are done selling sake oil...



    So according to your belief in creationism, you must also think humans have only
    been on Earth for 6000 years and walked with the dinosaurs.

    Read the research, instead of believing some bullshit fairy-tale book.
     
    G. Morgan, Oct 5, 2010
    #30
  11. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:

    >No Christian would accept that apes or anything else became humans.
    >Go read what Christianity says, and then get back to us.



    Yet they accept talking snakes, and one man building a boat big enough to carry
    2 animals of every species. Even the biggest oil-tankers we have today could
    not fit them all. I could go on and on.


    Watch Bill Maher's "Religulous" and see his interview with a high-level Catholic
    priest (right outside of the Vatican gates) who laughs at the fact people take
    that shit literally.
     
    G. Morgan, Oct 5, 2010
    #31
  12. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    Mike Easter <> wrote:

    >Men propagated religious beliefs and teaching as an exercise and
    >structure of power with a touch of humility to facilitate social order.


    Man created religion as a form of control over other people. This was before
    the governments of the world started to take over the job.
     
    G. Morgan, Oct 5, 2010
    #32
  13. OldGringo38

    Mike Easter Guest

    snuhwolf wrote:
    > Mike Easter


    >> One perspective of that is that as the earth and life on earth and

    > then
    >> man evolved from the conditions that preceded it, then such as a

    > belief
    >> in God was "created" by man to help him explain where it all came from
    >> and why we should obey/follow moral values.


    Ugh! Look what you did to my citation! Ugly shortlines!

    It should look like this:

    >> One perspective of that is that as the earth and life on earth and
    >> then man evolved from the conditions that preceded it, then such as
    >> a belief in God was "created" by man to help him explain where it
    >> all came from and why we should obey/follow moral values.


    >> Men propagated religious beliefs and teaching as an exercise and
    >> structure of power with a touch of humility to facilitate social
    >> order.


    > Flying spaghetti monster says otherwise, bub.


    Ha! Somehow I had missed out on the 'Pastafararian' theory of creation.

    Here's a nice writeup, including illustrations.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

    Touched by his Noodly Appendage, FSM fish emblem, float for the summer
    solstice parade.

    Quite a movement.


    --
    Mike Easter
     
    Mike Easter, Oct 5, 2010
    #33
  14. OldGringo38

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 18:25:12 -0700, invalid wrote:

    >>I can understand some people being skeptical about evolution

    >
    > It is a hoax, and people like you fell for it.


    Jeesus H. fucking Christ!!!!!!!

    > Ahh, what can I say?


    You could say you're kidding.

    > People also forward emails to ten others and really think that it will
    > bring them luck.


    Just like praying to the flying spaghetti monster or some magical sky
    pixie will solve your problems, eh?



    --
    The rocket bombs which fell daily on London were probably fired by
    the Government of Oceania itself, ’just to keep people frightened’.
    This was an idea that had literally never occurred to him.
    --- George Orwell, 1984
     
    Aardvark, Oct 5, 2010
    #34
  15. OldGringo38

    Jordon Guest

    invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:
    > In article<>
    > invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:
    >
    >> In article<>
    >> Barry OGrady<> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 17:16:10 -0700, invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> In article<i89qjh$4de$-september.org>
    >>>> OldGringo38<> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Is this all there is to it?
    >>>>
    >>>> There is nothing called evolution of humans.
    >>>> If anyone believes that monkeys turned into or evolved into humans then
    >>>> I am selling you the Brooklyn bridge, real cheap.
    >>>
    >>> If you believe you can sell the Brooklyn bridge you must be a
    >>> creationist.
    >>>

    >>
    >> Blah blah blah.
    >> Answer the questions.
    >> Wait, you have no answer because you are confused.
    >>
    >> What else is new with you evolutionists?
    >> Wake me up when you and your likes are done selling sake oil...
    >>
    >>
    >>>> Why don't they "evolve" into humans right now?
    >>>> Where did these monkeys or apes come from?
    >>>>
    >>>> Who controls all this?
    >>>> I challenge anyone who comes up with a coherent answer to all this.
    >>>
    >>> Until you can come up with an alternative that has vast amounts of
    >>> evidence its all we have.

    >>
    >> Yeah, evidence for the stupid who buy anything they see.
    >>
    >> Answer the questions, since you know it all, genius.

    >
    > And I forgot to add.
    > Go get some education and look up the meaning of evidence in your
    > favorite dictionary.


    Let's see some of your evidence! Direct evidence. Not hearsay.
     
    Jordon, Oct 5, 2010
    #35
  16. OldGringo38

    Mike Yetto Guest

    invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid <invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid> writes and having writ moves on.
    >In article <>
    >G. Morgan <> wrote:


    >>invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>>What else is new with you evolutionists?
    >>>Wake me up when you and your likes are done selling sake oil...

    >>
    >>
    >>So according to your belief in creationism, you must also think humans have only
    >>been on Earth for 6000 years and walked with the dinosaurs.


    >Huh?
    >What religion is that?Where does it say that humans are only 6000 years
    >old?


    Check out the credo of young Earth creationists. The belief that
    everything was created either 6,000 or 10,000 years ago is their
    greates internal controversy.

    >Yet another self claimed expert who can't read properly.



    >>Read the research,


    >What research?
    >The retarded nonsense that you get fed?
    >That is for your likes to believe.


    >>instead of believing some bullshit fairy-tale book.


    >I agree, the evolution theory is all that.


    When used in a scientific context Theory is quite different from
    theory.

    Mike "don't forget to feed your crocoduck" Yetto
    --
    In theory, theory and practice are the same.
    In practice they are not.
     
    Mike Yetto, Oct 6, 2010
    #36
  17. OldGringo38

    Jordon Guest

    invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:
    > In article<i8fegj$san$-september.org>
    > Jordon<jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Let's see some of your evidence! Direct evidence. Not hearsay.

    >
    > Once you or anyone else answers my questions and provides the evidence
    > that he or she has, I will give you want you want of evidence.


    Any evidence presented would be met with denial. There's tons of
    out there.

    > You say that religions are lying?


    Yep. And you use the word in plural? Is the Hindu religion lying?
    Shinto? How about Islam?

    > You are the doubter, and the accuser, therefore the burden of proof is
    > on YOU.


    You can't prove anything in that that book of yours?
     
    Jordon, Oct 6, 2010
    #37
  18. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:

    >In article <>
    >G. Morgan <> wrote:
    >
    >>invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:
    >>
    >>>No Christian would accept that apes or anything else became humans.
    >>>Go read what Christianity says, and then get back to us.

    >>
    >>
    >>Yet they accept talking snakes,

    >
    >Can you disprove what happened in that verse?


    Don't have to. Snakes can't talk.

    >Do you have 100% proof of historic evidence, archeological evidence of
    >eye witness to say otherwise?
    >If not, then you should shut your trap.


    I have 99% evidence. Go to the Museum of Natural Science in NYC. The proof is
    right there in fossils.

    Can you "prove" your God exists? Of course not.

    >
    >>and one man building a boat big enough to carry
    >>2 animals of every species.

    >
    >Yet another logic impaired atheist. Your type must be growing on trees
    >these days.


    Quite the contrary. I am thinking logically, and rationally. You are basing
    your beliefs on blind faith and whatever church has brainwashed you.


    >In those days, human physical capabilities were superior to what they
    >are now, men were bigger, taller, stronger, and it is not exactly
    >impossible task given enough time.


    BZZZZZ..... Wrong! Men were smaller then. I'm not going to do you research for
    you.

    >
    >>Even the biggest oil-tankers we have today could
    >>not fit them all.

    >
    >According to whom?
    >You?


    There was a documentary series about the Ark on Discovery Channel. That's where
    I learned that. They did the research.

    >What are your scientific, historic, and theological studies credentials?


    What are yours? I took many courses in college related to history and science.
    I never attended the seminary.

    >What species EXACTLY were put in the Ark?


    According to the Bible, all of them.

    "2 Take with you seven of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and
    two of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, 3 and also seven of
    every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive
    throughout the earth"

    Scientists estimate that would be about 45,000 animals.

    Length 300 cubits 516.25 ft (157.35 m)
    Width (Beam) 50 cubits 86 ft (26.2 m)
    Height 30 cubits51.6 ft (15.7 m)

    Is a huge ship to build from wood. And since it supposedly took Noah 150 years
    to build it is ridiculous in itself.

    Noah was 600 years old! Yeah...

    >Go ahead, run to google, and let's see if you figure out why you are
    >looking foolish, again.


    No, it's people like you who take the Bible literally that look foolish.

    >>I could go on and on.

    >
    >And continue to make a fool out of yourself.
    >Don't let me or anyone stop you.


    Thanks, but I don't need your permission.

    >You're willing to believe that apes turn into humans?


    No, read what was already told to you by others. Apes and Humans evolved from
    different forks of the same tree.

    >Feel free to live in denial and foolishness.


    I am a realist. It is you that sounds foolish to me.

    >Of course a typical response from your like is "I don't know, I don't
    >have the answer, but I know you are wrong", and stuff like that.


    Yet you offer no evidence of your beliefs. There is tons of evidence that
    supports the evolution theory.

    >>Watch Bill Maher's "Religulous" and see his interview with a high-level Catholic
    >>priest (right outside of the Vatican gates) who laughs at the fact people take
    >>that shit literally.

    >
    >Only idiots believe anything that someone like Bill Maher does or says.


    That's a pretty sweeping statement. Have you watched his show? How do you know
    you disagree with *everything* he says?

    >But I guess you are like him.


    I am. I'm a free-thinker, and rational. I also think marijuana should be
    decriminalized, just like him.

    >Now answer the question, what makes the world go?


    On what plane? An object in motion stays in motion until another force is
    applied.

    >Where did this all come from?


    The Big-Bang is the best current theory. The Big-Bang came from God I reckon.

    >Even if we take your laughable theory of evolution, which has yet to be
    >proven or even credible, where did the initial species that this theory
    >claim that we all evolved from to what we are today, came from?


    They could have come from outer space, microbes that hitched a ride on a
    meteorite.

    >Here is a free clue, even your hero, Bill Maher, in one of his shows,
    >when confronted with similar question, responded that he agrees that
    >there must "some sort of power" behind all this.


    Same here. He's a self-proclaimed atheist. I'm not. I believe there is a
    Higher-Power out there, somewhere.

    What I detest is religion. It's man-made, and has been nothing but trouble. All
    it does is divide people, based on books written very recently considering the
    time humans have occupied Earth.

    Are you one of those who think dinosaurs and humans lived together, and it all
    started 6000 years ago?
     
    G. Morgan, Oct 6, 2010
    #38
  19. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    G. Morgan, Oct 6, 2010
    #39
  20. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    Mike Yetto <> wrote:

    >Mike "don't forget to feed your crocoduck" Yetto



    lol...
     
    G. Morgan, Oct 6, 2010
    #40
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. dj tuchler

    firebird 0.6.1 and evolution (???)

    dj tuchler, Aug 16, 2003, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,158
    dj tuchler
    Aug 20, 2003
  2. jfigueredo
    Replies:
    45
    Views:
    1,332
  3. Gordon

    Evolution and Gmail

    Gordon, Aug 1, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    23,005
    Mike Easter
    Aug 2, 2005
  4. Writer R5
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    505
    Writer R5
    Sep 1, 2003
  5. Doug MacLean
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    567
    Doug MacLean
    Apr 4, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page