    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

    OldGringo38, Oct 3, 2010

  2. OldGringo38

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 06:49:06 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > Is this all there is to it?

    If man evolved from ape, why don't we see apes turning into men now?

    Meat Plow, Oct 3, 2010

  3. OldGringo38

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Meat Plow <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 06:49:06 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    >> Is this all there is to it?

    >If man evolved from ape, why don't we see apes turning into men now?

    Humans did not evolve from apes. Humans are a species of ape
    that evolved from ancestors common to other apes.

    Straw-man sound bites do not provide much of an argument.

    Mike "providing a link makes two new gaps" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Oct 3, 2010
  4. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 10/3/2010 8:17 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 06:49:06 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> Is this all there is to it?

    > If man evolved from ape, why don't we see apes turning into men now?

    Maybe there was a limit? It seems to be working the other way around
    now. :)

    OldGringo38, Oct 3, 2010
  5. OldGringo38

    philo Guest

    On 10/03/2010 08:17 AM, Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 06:49:06 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> Is this all there is to it?

    > If man evolved from ape, why don't we see apes turning into men now?

    man did NOT evolve from ape

    it seems that 75% of people get this one wrong.

    evolution states simply that man and ape had a common ancestor...

    although on Usenet there is sufficient evidence to see man devolving to ape!

    philo, Oct 3, 2010
  6. OldGringo38

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 08:50:28 -0500, philo wrote:

    > On 10/03/2010 08:17 AM, Meat Plow wrote:
    >> On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 06:49:06 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is this all there is to it?

    >> If man evolved from ape, why don't we see apes turning into men now?
    >>

    > man did NOT evolve from ape
    >
    > it seems that 75% of people get this one wrong.
    >

    > evolution states simply that man and ape had a common ancestor...
    >
    > although on Usenet there is sufficient evidence to see man devolving to
    > ape!

    pssssst....joke sarcasm flippancy etc....

    Meat Plow, Oct 3, 2010
  7. OldGringo38

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 09:43:23 -0400, Mike Yetto wrote:

    > Meat Plow <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >>On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 06:49:06 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    >>> Is this all there is to it?

    >>If man evolved from ape, why don't we see apes turning into men now?

    > Humans did not evolve from apes. Humans are a species of ape that
    > evolved from ancestors common to other apes.
    >
    > Straw-man sound bites do not provide much of an argument.
    >
    > Mike "providing a link makes two new gaps" Yetto

    pssssst joke, flippancy, sarcasm uhum <clears throat>

    Meat Plow, Oct 3, 2010
  8. Grinder wrote:
    > On 10/3/2010 9:33 AM, Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> man did NOT evolve from ape
    >>>
    >>> it seems that 75% of people get this one wrong.
    >>>

    >>> evolution states simply that man and ape had a common ancestor...
    >>>
    >>> although on Usenet there is sufficient evidence to see man devolving to
    >>> ape!

    >> pssssst....joke sarcasm flippancy etc....

    > Maybe you could identify your jokes in the future by making them funny?

    Highly unlikely.
    Jus Sayin[tm]

    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 3, 2010
  9. OldGringo38

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 09:39:50 -0500, Grinder wrote:

    > On 10/3/2010 9:33 AM, Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> man did NOT evolve from ape
    >>>
    >>> it seems that 75% of people get this one wrong.
    >>>

    >>> evolution states simply that man and ape had a common ancestor...
    >>>
    >>> although on Usenet there is sufficient evidence to see man devolving
    >>> to ape!

    >> pssssst....joke sarcasm flippancy etc....

    > Maybe you could identify your jokes in the future by making them funny?

    My jokes require a certain amount of intellect to be be funny. Usually
    around an IQ of 70.

    HTH

    Meat Plow, Oct 3, 2010
  10. OldGringo38

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 09:07:08 -0600, §ñühw¤£f wrote:

    > Grinder wrote:

    >>> pssssst....joke sarcasm flippancy etc....

    >> Maybe you could identify your jokes in the future by making them funny?

    > Highly unlikely.
    > Jus Sayin[tm]

    Aw, attack of the Revenge Dweeb. How sweet.

    Meat Plow, Oct 3, 2010
  11. OldGringo38

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Grinder <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >On 10/3/2010 9:33 AM, Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> man did NOT evolve from ape
    >>>
    >>> it seems that 75% of people get this one wrong.
    >>>

    >>> evolution states simply that man and ape had a common ancestor...
    >>>
    >>> although on Usenet there is sufficient evidence to see man devolving to
    >>> ape!

    >> pssssst....joke sarcasm flippancy etc....

    >Maybe you could identify your jokes in the future by making them funny?

    Please don't encourage the use of emoticons, making them clever
    and/or funny should be the main method of identification.

    Mike "or at least a bad pun" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Oct 3, 2010
  12. OldGringo38

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Meat Plow <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 09:39:50 -0500, Grinder wrote:

    >>> pssssst....joke sarcasm flippancy etc....

    >> Maybe you could identify your jokes in the future by making them funny?

    >My jokes require a certain amount of intellect to be be funny. Usually
    >around an IQ of 70.

    There's the problem. Most of us have a much higher IQ.

    Mike "but that wasn't twice as funny" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Oct 3, 2010
  13. OldGringo38

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 13:45:29 -0400, Mike Yetto wrote:

    > Meat Plow <> writes and having writ moves on.

    >>> Maybe you could identify your jokes in the future by making them
    >>> funny?

    >>My jokes require a certain amount of intellect to be be funny. Usually
    >>around an IQ of 70.

    > There's the problem. Most of us have a much higher IQ.
    >
    > Mike "but that wasn't twice as funny" Yetto

    Starting at 70. But you already knew that.

    Meat Plow, Oct 3, 2010
  14. OldGringo38

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Meat Plow <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 09:43:23 -0400, Mike Yetto wrote:

    >> Meat Plow <> writes and having writ moves on.

    >>>If man evolved from ape, why don't we see apes turning into men now?

    >> Humans did not evolve from apes. Humans are a species of ape that
    >> evolved from ancestors common to other apes.
    >>
    >> Straw-man sound bites do not provide much of an argument.
    >>
    >> Mike "providing a link makes two new gaps" Yetto

    >pssssst joke, flippancy, sarcasm uhum <clears throat>

    It was a poor joke fifty years ago when it appeared in an Archie
    comic. And it is just as spurious now as then.

    Mike "not even hyenas would laugh at that" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Oct 3, 2010
  15. OldGringo38

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 13:51:12 -0400, Mike Yetto wrote:

    > Meat Plow <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >>On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 09:43:23 -0400, Mike Yetto wrote:

    >>> Meat Plow <> writes and having writ moves on.

    >>> Humans did not evolve from apes. Humans are a species of ape that
    >>> evolved from ancestors common to other apes.
    >>>
    >>> Straw-man sound bites do not provide much of an argument.
    >>>
    >>> Mike "providing a link makes two new gaps" Yetto

    >>pssssst joke, flippancy, sarcasm uhum <clears throat>

    > It was a poor joke fifty years ago when it appeared in an Archie comic.
    > And it is just as spurious now as then.
    >
    > Mike "not even hyenas would laugh at that" Yetto

    Ok well you got something up your fucking ass you pisswitted prick. Feel
    free to **** off and not read my humorless jokes.

    Meat Plow, Oct 3, 2010
  16. OldGringo38

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Meat Plow <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >Ok well you got something up your fucking ass you pisswitted prick. Feel
    >free to **** off and not read my humorless jokes.

    That's about as funny as anything else you've written.

    Mike "jokes based on bogus factoids are just as bogus" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Oct 3, 2010
  17. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    OldGringo38 <> wrote:

    >Maybe there was a limit? It seems to be working the other way around
    >now. :)

    dude... If you have not seen the movie "Idiocracy", go get it now! You will
    laugh your ass off. It's about the de-evolution of our species. And it's a
    Mike Judge film (al-la King Of The Hill, Bevis and Butthead). But the movie is
    not animated.

    G. Morgan, Oct 3, 2010
  18. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    philo <> wrote:

    >man did NOT evolve from ape
    >
    >it seems that 75% of people get this one wrong.
    >

    >evolution states simply that man and ape had a common ancestor...

    One walk through of the Museum of Natural Science in NYC will clear all that up!
    I just went a month ago, pretty impressive.

    >although on Usenet there is sufficient evidence to see man devolving to ape!

    No doubt.

    G. Morgan, Oct 3, 2010
  19. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    Meat Plow <> wrote:

    >pssssst....joke sarcasm flippancy etc....

    FWIW I thought it was funny. Never heard that one.

    G. Morgan, Oct 3, 2010
  20. OldGringo38

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-10-03, Mike Yetto <> wrote:
    > Meat Plow <> writes and having writ moves on.
    >>On Sun, 03 Oct 2010 06:49:06 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    >>> Is this all there is to it?

    >>If man evolved from ape, why don't we see apes turning into men now?

    Individuals never evolve. "Apes turning into men" would be metamorphosis,
    if it were to happen at all.

    > Humans did not evolve from apes. Humans are a species of ape
    > that evolved from ancestors common to other apes.
    >
    > Straw-man sound bites do not provide much of an argument.

    Are straw monkey sound bites infectious?

    > Mike "providing a link makes two new gaps" Yetto

    .... and a missing link is just a gap between gaps in understanding ...

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Oct 3, 2010