Evolution after MCTS

Discussion in 'MCTS' started by maggotbrain, Nov 23, 2008.

  1. maggotbrain

    maggotbrain Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm a bit new here on these forums, and I'm sure that you guys can help me
    with some questions I have about the dotnet certifications.
    At the moment I have an MCTS in
    ..Net Framework 2.0: Windows Applications and
    ..Net Framework 2.0: Web Applications (just got it 2 days ago)

    Now I thought that there was a next step, like MCAD, certified application
    developer, but it seems that this type is for the 1.1 framework.
    I would want to evolve to a higher level of course, but I can't really find
    if that is possible. I've done the following exams:

    528 TS: Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0 - Web-based Client
    Development
    536 TS: Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0 - Application Development
    Foundation
    526 TS: Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0 - Windows®-based Client
    Development

    Are there any higher level dotnet exams, or good architect exams?
    Can anybody put me on the way?

    Tnx!

    Greetz,

    Koen
    maggotbrain, Nov 23, 2008

  2. "maggotbrain" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm a bit new here on these forums, and I'm sure that you guys can help me
    > with some questions I have about the dotnet certifications.
    > At the moment I have an MCTS in
    > .Net Framework 2.0: Windows Applications and
    > .Net Framework 2.0: Web Applications (just got it 2 days ago)
    >
    > Now I thought that there was a next step, like MCAD, certified application
    > developer, but it seems that this type is for the 1.1 framework.

    The "next step" in the .NET Framework v2.0 realm is the MCPD (Microsoft
    Certified Professional Developer).
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcpd/default.mspx

    Having completed the -536, -526, and -528, you have three different pathways
    to go:

    MCPD: Windows Developer by taking exam -548

    MCPD: Web Developer by taking exam -547

    or
    MCPD: Enterprise Applications Developer by taking exams -529 and -549

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Nov 23, 2008

  3. maggotbrain

    maggotbrain Guest

    great thanks for this extremely clear answer :)

    greetz,

    Koen

    maggotbrain, Nov 23, 2008