    I had an Epson printer that I sold and then deinstalled.

    Now, every time I start-up I get notice that the Epson driver is missing.

    How can I get rid of the message?

    bkatz5, Jan 3, 2005

  2. bkatz5

    Stevo Guest

    bkatz5 wrote:
    > I had an Epson printer that I sold and then deinstalled.
    >
    > Now, every time I start-up I get notice that the Epson driver is
    > missing.
    > How can I get rid of the message?

    Where in the boot sequence do you ge the message? and what is the full
    message?

    If it is in text on a blank screen, then chances are there is an entry
    in the Win.ini or System.ini file which you should be able to edit out -
    depending on your undisclosed OS..

    The entry might also be in the registry somewhere.. again it is hard to
    assist further not knowing your OS...

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

    Stevo, Jan 3, 2005

  3. bkatz5

    Noel Paton Guest

    "bkatz5" <> wrote in message
    >I had an Epson printer that I sold and then deinstalled.
    >
    > Now, every time I start-up I get notice that the Epson driver is missing.
    >
    > How can I get rid of the message?

    Did you also remove the Epson monitor application from Add/Remove Programs?

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj
    A Happy Xmas, and a Merry New Year to everyone!

    Noel Paton, Jan 3, 2005