    have read have mention this issue with the viewfinders. I guess that it's
    also possible the camera was just out of focus.

    Thanks!
    Dan, Dec 21, 2003

  2. The S5000 has a dioptre adjustment dial to the left hand side of the
    viewfinder, this had probably been moved or played with by somebody who
    looked at the camera before you, causing the image to appear out of focus.

    HTH

    Andy McQuat
    -=Plane Mad=-

    "Dan" <> wrote in message
    > I was in Sears (of all places) checking out the Fuji S5000. I noticed

    that
    > the image in both the EVF and LCD viewfinders was not very clear. Of
    > course, the sales droids were busy, so I did not bother to ask them about
    > it. I am guessing that this condition is not the norm. Besides a

    defective
    > camera, are there any settings that could be messed up? I wanted to put

    my

    -=Plane Mad=-, Dec 21, 2003

  3. Dan

    Larry Lynch Guest

    In article <jCmFb.107759$8y1.328447@attbi_s52>,
    says...
    > I was in Sears (of all places) checking out the Fuji S5000. I noticed that
    > the image in both the EVF and LCD viewfinders was not very clear. Of
    > course, the sales droids were busy, so I did not bother to ask them about
    > it. I am guessing that this condition is not the norm. Besides a defective
    > camera, are there any settings that could be messed up? I wanted to put my
    > hands on one before I went online to buy it. None of the reviews that I
    > have read have mention this issue with the viewfinders. I guess that it's
    > also possible the camera was just out of focus.
    >
    > Thanks!

    With a slight button push, the S5000 can be put into
    manual focus mode, and if you dont know which buttons to
    push to focus it, the view will be incurably fuzzy.

    pick up the camera holding it right-side up with the
    lens facing away from you and look for the little tiny
    button on the left side top. That button (when the
    locking switch next to it is slid forward) will cycle
    the camera through its focus modes. C-AF is what comes
    on screen for Constant auto focus. (camera focuses
    WITHOUT the shutter-button being touched)
    --
    Larry Lynch
    Lasting Imagery
    Larry Lynch, Dec 21, 2003
  4. Dan

    Larry Lynch Guest

    In article <bs4uur$d78$>,
    says...
    > The S5000 has a dioptre adjustment dial to the left hand side of the
    > viewfinder, this had probably been moved or played with by somebody who
    > looked at the camera before you, causing the image to appear out of focus.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Andy McQuat
    > -=Plane Mad=-

    The OP said it was out of focus on BOTH view-finder AND
    LCD screen. That would mean Manual focus mode, or a
    broken camera.
    --
    Larry Lynch
    Lasting Imagery