    When I look at it it says I am the admin on both computers,
    Master computer (Bigger Hard Drive, and more memory) is Windows XP home.
    Slave is Windows XP pro.

    The Wolfmare, Sep 16, 2006

  2. The Wolfmare

    AnonyMouse Guest

    The Wolfmare wrote:
    > nothing happens I try to use shutdown.exe on the remote computer and
    > nothing happens. I got a little program that was supposed to do it for
    > me but it says I don't have admin rights on the other computer.
    >
    > When I look at it it says I am the admin on both computers,
    > Master computer (Bigger Hard Drive, and more memory) is Windows XP home.
    > Slave is Windows XP pro.

    By master and slave I think you're getting your terminology mixed up
    with hard drive terminology. In order for anyone to know what the
    problem is, they will need to know what you mean in this case by master
    and slave--which one is the one you're trying to remote control? If
    you're using Remote Desktop for remote control, then obviously it has to
    be what you call the "slave"; but if you're using VNC or something else
    it could be either.

    AnonyMouse, Sep 16, 2006

  3. The Wolfmare

    The Wolfmare Guest

    trying to control the xp pro marked as slave. Master and Slave are just
    what I chose to call computer 1 and computer 2

    The Wolfmare, Sep 16, 2006
  4. The Wolfmare

    AnonyMouse Guest

    The Wolfmare wrote:
    > trying to control the xp pro marked as slave. Master and Slave are
    > just what I chose to call computer 1 and computer 2
    >

    > AnonyMouse wrote:
    >> The Wolfmare wrote:
    >>> nothing happens I try to use shutdown.exe on the remote computer
    >>> and nothing happens. I got a little program that was supposed to do
    >>> it for me but it says I don't have admin rights on the other computer.
    >>>
    >>> When I look at it it says I am the admin on both computers,
    >>> Master computer (Bigger Hard Drive, and more memory) is Windows XP home.
    >>> Slave is Windows XP pro.

    >> By master and slave I think you're getting your terminology mixed up
    >> with hard drive terminology. In order for anyone to know what the
    >> problem is, they will need to know what you mean in this case by
    >> master and slave--which one is the one you're trying to remote
    >> control? If you're using Remote Desktop for remote control, then
    >> obviously it has to be what you call the "slave"; but if you're using
    >> VNC or something else it could be either.

    I see. Hmm...from what I have seen using Remote Desktop myself (not
    much, but I have used it enough to know a few things about it), I don't
    think it lets you shut down your PC remotely. That's why the Shutdown
    button is replaced with a Disconnect button.

    Of course, I could be wrong.

    AnonyMouse, Sep 16, 2006
  5. The Wolfmare

    Guest

    The Wolfmare <> wrote:

    > nothing happens I try to use shutdown.exe on the remote computer and
    >nothing happens. I got a little program that was supposed to do it for
    >me but it says I don't have admin rights on the other computer.
    >
    > When I look at it it says I am the admin on both computers,
    >Master computer (Bigger Hard Drive, and more memory) is Windows XP home.
    >Slave is Windows XP pro.

    I don't think Home can be "Master" , Pro would hold an election and
    win...

    Maybe http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/54/

    --
    1000 virtual cars racing at the same time - Trackmania Sunrise :D
    http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=12321

    , Sep 16, 2006