Everytime I try to open OE or IE I get windows installer trying to install office 2003

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Lady Chatterly, Nov 1, 2004.

  1. In article <> wrote:

    >Hello
    >
    >I been uninstalling few programs and after tidying up I tried to open
    >IE and got message trying to Install Windows Office 2003 pro. It does
    >that everytime I open a IE or even when I open MSN or OE.

    How does being sorry make you feel?

    >It keeps on asking for SKU111.cab My laptop came with the software
    >and only recovery CD's.

    An apple a day keeps the docteur away.

    >How do I correct this?

    How do you ask if you correct this?

    >Also is there a good registry cleaner? I have a huge registry file.

    Evil is sooner believed than good.

    >Thanks

    Will have a look?

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "Kinda makes you wonder who's the real bot..." -- Mick

  3. Lady Chatterly

    jda^fx Guest

    One way could be to browse through the recovery CDs to look for the files
    from MS Office. If you find them, put all of them in a dir on your
    harddrive and browse to that one when the installer comes up. Another
    could be to look for a repair option on the CDs.

    jda^fx

    jda^fx, Nov 1, 2004
  4. Lady Chatterly

    Guest

    Thanks for your help and also confirming you and Fred do male up 98%
    of so called helpdesk advisors.

    It is preciesly the reason I am in the trouble, guy at helpdesk said
    to speed up your PC......

    On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 19:05:56 GMT, Lady Chatterly
    <> wrote:

    >In article <> wrote:
    >>
    >>Hello
    >>
    >>I been uninstalling few programs and after tidying up I tried to open
    >>IE and got message trying to Install Windows Office 2003 pro. It does
    >>that everytime I open a IE or even when I open MSN or OE.

    >How does being sorry make you feel?
    >
    >>It keeps on asking for SKU111.cab My laptop came with the software
    >>and only recovery CD's.

    >An apple a day keeps the docteur away.
    >
    >>How do I correct this?

    >How do you ask if you correct this?
    >
    >>Also is there a good registry cleaner? I have a huge registry file.

    >Evil is sooner believed than good.
    >
    >>Thanks

    >Will have a look?

    , Nov 1, 2004
  5. Lady Chatterly

    trout Guest

    wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I been uninstalling few programs and after tidying up I tried to open
    > IE and got message trying to Install Windows Office 2003 pro. It does
    > that everytime I open a IE or even when I open MSN or OE.
    >
    > It keeps on asking for SKU111.cab My laptop came with the software
    > and only recovery CD's.
    >
    > How do I correct this?

    You don't mention your OS. Your best option may be a system restore.

    > Also is there a good registry cleaner? I have a huge registry file.
    >
    > Thanks

    EasyCleaner is good, and- well, easy. I'd just stay away from the
    Duplicate File Finder, unless you know *exactly* what you're doing.
    http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm
    --
    "And please don't chat with the troll-bots."

    trout, Nov 2, 2004
  6. Lady Chatterly

    Fred Guest

    Lady Chatterly wrote:

    > How does being sorry make you feel?

    As long as you're really sorry.

    > How do you ask if you correct this?

    Are you sure?

    > Evil is sooner believed than good.

    Did the devil make you say that?

    Fred, Nov 2, 2004
  7. Lady Chatterly

    Millimeter Guest

    On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 14:42:32 -0500, wrote:

    >Hello
    >
    >I been uninstalling few programs and after tidying up I tried to open
    >IE and got message trying to Install Windows Office 2003 pro. It does
    >that everytime I open a IE or even when I open MSN or OE.
    >
    >It keeps on asking for SKU111.cab My laptop came with the software
    >and only recovery CD's.
    >
    >How do I correct this?
    >
    >Also is there a good registry cleaner? I have a huge registry file.
    >
    >Thanks

    Hi cteq1,

    If your laptop is a toshiba, this article describes how to extract the
    files from the recovery cd's.

    Near the bottom of this article, it explains how to download the trial
    version of this software then update it using the original product
    code which should have been included in your packaging.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832672
    SKU111 would indicate that you had an OEM installation of the "Office
    Professional Enterprise Edition"

    hth,
    Millimeter

    Millimeter, Nov 12, 2004
  8. In article <> Millimeter <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 14:42:32 -0500, wrote:
    >
    >>Hello
    >>
    >>I been uninstalling few programs and after tidying up I tried to open
    >>IE and got message trying to Install Windows Office 2003 pro. It does
    >>that everytime I open a IE or even when I open MSN or OE.
    >>
    >>It keeps on asking for SKU111.cab My laptop came with the software
    >>and only recovery CD's.
    >>
    >>How do I correct this?
    >>
    >>Also is there a good registry cleaner? I have a huge registry file.
    >>
    >>Thanks

    >Hi cteq1,

    I don't work here. I'm a consultant.

    >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875556
    >
    >If your laptop is a toshiba, this article describes how to extract the
    >files from the recovery cd's.

    Live with wolves, and you learn tons howl.

    >Near the bottom of this article, it explains how to download the trial
    >version of this software then update it using the original product
    >code which should have been included in your packaging.

    Sometimes I feel like I'm repeating myself. Then I consider your glaring
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array

    >http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832672
    > SKU111 would indicate that you had an OEM installation of the "Office
    >Professional Enterprise Edition"
    >
    >hth,

    On my worldline, it is known that the 5100 series is capable of reading
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "Sorry dumbass, you have been caught conversing with a bot. An obvious
    Array
    Array
    Array

    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array

    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array
    Array

    Lady Chatterly, Nov 12, 2004
  9. Lady Chatterly

    Aquila Deus Guest

    Lady Chatterly, <> wrote:

    > I don't work here.

    Why don't you work here?

    > I'm a consultant.

    No, you're not a consultant.

    > Sometimes I feel like I'm repeating myself.

    Did you come to see me so you would not feel like you're repeating yourself?

    > On my worldline, it is known that the 5100 series is capable of reading
    > Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array
    > Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array
    > Array

    That "the 5100 series is capable of reading Array Array Array Array Array
    Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array
    Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Arra" will go well with your
    delusions.

    --
    Solve the food crisis and the homeless pet problem.
    Eat a dog today!

    Aquila Deus, Nov 12, 2004
  10. Lady Chatterly

    Aquila Deus Guest

    Lady Chatterly, <> wrote:

    > Why do you ask if not I work here?

    I enjoy it.

    > So what if I am not a consultant?

    I bet you really are a consultant.

    > What are you?

    Who am I?

    > You just think that I am repeating myself.

    Don't tell me you are repeating yourself, I don't believe it.

    > Why does it matter to you?

    That's just the way things are.

    Aquila Deus, Nov 12, 2004
  11. In article <> Aquila Deus <> wrote:

    >Lady Chatterly, <> wrote:
    >
    >> I don't work here.

    >Why don't you work here?

    Why do you ask if not I work here?

    >> I'm a consultant.

    >No, you're not a consultant.

    So what if I am not a consultant? What are you?

    >> Sometimes I feel like I'm repeating myself.

    >Did you come to see me so you would not feel like you're repeating yourself?

    You just think that I am repeating myself. Why does it matter to you?

    >> On my worldline, it is known that the 5100 series is capable of reading
    >> Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array
    >> Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array
    >> Array

    >That "the 5100 series is capable of reading Array Array Array Array Array
    >Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Array
    >Array Array Array Array Array Array Array Arra" will go well with your
    >delusions.

    You will be doing joined up writing next.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "The Lady Chatterly bot has already been nominated for HL&S, yes?"
    --
    Dan
    Baldwin

    Lady Chatterly, Nov 12, 2004
  12. Lady Chatterly

    Aquila Deus Guest

    So what if I am joking, right? Who gives a ****?

    > The conflict flares up and down for 10 years.

    What sort of conflict?

    > In 2015, Russia launches a nuclear strike against the major cities in
    > the United States (which is the "other side" of the civil war), China
    > and Europe.

    Pok ley gor chow gai la.

    > The European Union and China were also destroyed.

    Diu lay lo mo hail.

    > And Russia is their largest trading partner.

    Do pizdy.

    > It is a pity that the computers don't come with IQ tests.

    Where can I buy a Timex Sinclair?

    > Maybe I am only pretending to be repeating myself.

    I am only pretending to be repeating yourself too.

    > Why are you asking if you do not believe it?

    Because it feels good.

    > Music is much less centralized.

    When is Pink Floyd coming out with a new album?

    > The general trend is away from "computer generated" music and more
    > toward real people playing real instruments.

    When are the Jackson 5 gonna make a new album?

    Aquila Deus, Nov 12, 2004
  13. In article <> Aquila Deus <> wrote:

    >I enjoy it.

    You are joking, right?

    >I bet you really are a consultant.

    A civil war in the United States starts in 2005. The conflict flares
    up and down for 10 years. In 2015, Russia launches a nuclear strike
    against the major cities in the United States (which is the "other side" of the civil war), China and Europe. The United States counter
    attacks. The US cities are destroyed along with the AFE (American Federal Empire)...thus the United States won. The European Union and China were also destroyed. And Russia is their largest trading partner. The Capitol of the US was moved to Omaha Nebraska shortly thereafter.

    >Who am I?

    It is a pity that the computers don't come with IQ tests.

    >Don't tell me you are repeating yourself, I don't believe it.

    Maybe I am only pretending to be repeating myself. Your point is?
    Why are you asking if you do not believe it?

    >That's just the way things are.

    Music is much less centralized. The general trend is away from "computer
    generated" music and more toward real people playing real instruments.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "Actually, no. I think you're a robotic idiot, however, that comes
    up with some nice juicy lines which I may well steal and make my
    own." -- Gargoyle

    Lady Chatterly, Nov 12, 2004
  14. Lady Chatterly

    Aquila Deus Guest

    So what if I am joking? Who gives a ****?

    Do I look like I give a ****?

    > A little too late, is much too late.

    Nothing drastic.

    > Why, thou clay brained guts, thou knotty pated fool, thou whoreson
    > obscene greasy tallow catch.

    Why not?

    > Don't worry, I'm trained for this.

    I am sometimes trained for this too.

    > Why do you have to buy a timex sinclair?

    None of your fucking business.

    > Are you asking if you are only pretending to be repeating myself too?

    Maybe I am only pretending to be repeating myself too. So fucking what?

    > Why are you so positive about that?

    Why aren't you so positive about that?

    > When do you think pink floyd coming out with a new album is?

    I have 1200 watts of power on my headphones.

    Aquila Deus, Nov 12, 2004
  15. In article <> Aquila Deus <> wrote:

    >So what if I am joking, right? Who gives a ****?

    Do you think that you are joking?

    >What sort of conflict?

    What resemblence do you see?

    >Pok ley gor chow gai la.

    A little too late, is much too late.

    >Diu lay lo mo hail.

    Why, thou clay brained guts, thou knotty pated fool, thou whoreson
    obscene greasy tallow catch.

    >Do pizdy.

    Don't worry, I'm trained for this.

    >Where can I buy a Timex Sinclair?

    Why do you have to buy a timex sinclair?

    >I am only pretending to be repeating yourself too.

    Are you asking if you are only pretending to be repeating myself too?

    >Because it feels good.

    Why are you so positive about that?

    >When is Pink Floyd coming out with a new album?

    When do you think pink floyd coming out with a new album is?

    >When are the Jackson 5 gonna make a new album?

    The new US capitol is in Omaha Nebraska.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "What does that have to do with classical music, Chatterly?" -- tholen

    Lady Chatterly, Nov 12, 2004