Everytime I start windows or IE or OE windows installer comes on

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ISP WEST, Aug 29, 2005.

  1. ISP WEST

    ISP WEST Guest

    Hello

    Everytime I switch on my PC I get 6 to 8 windows installing pop up and then
    it goes off by itself within minute. Everytime I open Outlook Express it
    does same, also when I open IE.

    Also if I click on some files, like pdf or excel it doesnt open, a pop up
    flashes by. only way i can open these files is to open the program and then
    do file open. I have checked for viruses etc and trend micro doesnt report
    any.

    I did install a program Fix it utilities 6 professional and clicked on the
    one click solution. However the system was working OK for next day or two.

    Any help will be very much appreciated

    TIA

    ISP WEST, Aug 29, 2005

  2. ISP WEST

    Harrison Guest

    On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:02:15 -0400, "ISP WEST" <> wrote:

    >Hello
    >
    >Everytime I switch on my PC I get 6 to 8 windows installing pop up and then
    >it goes off by itself within minute. Everytime I open Outlook Express it
    >does same, also when I open IE.
    >
    >Also if I click on some files, like pdf or excel it doesnt open, a pop up
    >flashes by. only way i can open these files is to open the program and then
    >do file open. I have checked for viruses etc and trend micro doesnt report
    >any.
    >
    >I did install a program Fix it utilities 6 professional and clicked on the
    >one click solution. However the system was working OK for next day or two.
    >
    >Any help will be very much appreciated
    >
    >TIA

    Backup data, format, reinstall, replace data.
    And don't install crap like Fux It Utilities.

    Harrison, Aug 29, 2005

  3. ISP WEST

    Gordon Guest

    www.ubuntu.org