    can't figure out how to make it right side up again. Anyone know. this is
    an HP with windows ME.
    Thanks

    Linda, Sep 28, 2004

  2. Linda

    ~Joanne420~ Guest

    Hey Linda, That sounds like something that I did once. I just had to take
    the mouse, point onto the task bar that is in the wrong place and drag it
    back to it's original location. I may be wrong, I often am! Lol :)

    "Linda" <> wrote in message
    > My son was trying to change settings on the colors. That's what he told

    me.
    > Now everything is sideways. I have to hold my head to the side to read

    the

    ~Joanne420~, Sep 28, 2004

  3. Linda

    ICee Guest

    Linda wrote:
    > My son was trying to change settings on the colors. That's what he
    > told me. Now everything is sideways. I have to hold my head to the
    > side to read the page. I've tried tools, control panel, all kinds of
    > changed settings, but I can't figure out how to make it right side up
    > again. Anyone know. this is an HP with windows ME.
    > Thanks

    What video card? Some have the ability to rotate the display. Right
    click on the desktop, choose Properties, Settings, Advanced, and see if
    there's a selection for rotating the display.

    ICee, Sep 28, 2004
  4. Linda

    Freddy Guest

    Has everything really gone sideways - or has task bar gone to one side?

    Freddy, Sep 28, 2004
  5. Linda

    ICee Guest

    Freddy wrote:
    > Has everything really gone sideways - or has task bar gone to one
    > side?

    "Now everything is sideways." Yep, sounds like everything. Don't see
    any reference to the task bar.

    ICee, Sep 28, 2004
  6. ICee, <>, the hand-me-down, turned out mankhead, and
    dealer in ferrets, confounded:

    --
    You goggling, throwback, fatalistic gallbladder.

    Pomatomidae Paupercula Protomycicum, Sep 28, 2004
  7. Linda

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| Linda wrote:
    >| > My son was trying to change settings on the colors. That's what he
    >| > told me. Now everything is sideways. I have to hold my head to the
    >| > side to read the page. I've tried tools, control panel, all kinds
    >| > of changed settings, but I can't figure out how to make it right
    >| > side up again. Anyone know. this is an HP with windows ME.
    >| > Thanks
    >|
    >| What video card? Some have the ability to rotate the display. Right
    >| click on the desktop, choose Properties, Settings, Advanced, and see
    >| if there's a selection for rotating the display.

    Did that once with my NVidia - only it went totally upside down. Made the
    mouse really hard to handle <g>

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Sep 28, 2004
  8. Linda

    JD Guest

    "Linda" <> wrote in message
    > My son was trying to change settings on the colors. That's what he

    told me.
    > Now everything is sideways. I have to hold my head to the side to

    read the
    > page. I've tried tools, control panel, all kinds of changed

    settings, but I
    > can't figure out how to make it right side up again. Anyone know.

    this is
    > an HP with windows ME.
    > Thanks

    Why don't you just use System Restore.

    JD

    JD, Sep 28, 2004
  9. Linda

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Linda" <> wrote in message
    > My son was trying to change settings on the colors. That's what he told

    me.
    > Now everything is sideways. I have to hold my head to the side to read

    the
    > page. I've tried tools, control panel, all kinds of changed settings, but

    > can't figure out how to make it right side up again. Anyone know. this

    is
    > an HP with windows ME.

    NVidia cards let you do this, to change screeen orientation on mine:

    Start > Settings > Control Panel > Display

    Click the "settings" tab
    Click the "advanced" button
    Click the "<%VGA card name%> tab (top right)
    Choose NVRotate
    Click the "rotate" buttons as required.

    May need a restart.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Sep 28, 2004
  10. Linda

    Linda Guest

    Dan, that solved my problem. First I went upside down, but figured out how
    many turns to make after that. Thanks for your help!

    Linda, Sep 28, 2004
  11. Linda

    Parko Guest

    On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 01:39:19 +0000, Linda wrote:

    > My son was trying to change settings on the colors. That's what he told me.
    > Now everything is sideways. I have to hold my head to the side to read the
    > page. I've tried tools, control panel, all kinds of changed settings, but I
    > can't figure out how to make it right side up again. Anyone know. this is
    > an HP with windows ME.
    > Thanks

    Could be good if you live on the side of a hill...

    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345

    Parko, Sep 28, 2004
  12. Linda

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Linda" <> wrote in message
    > Dan, that solved my problem. First I went upside down, but figured out

    how
    > many turns to make after that. Thanks for your help!

    No problem

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Sep 28, 2004
  13. Dan's message never made it to the freeserve news server.

    Makes following a thread darned difficult (unintentional pun).

    ND

    Norbert Dentressangle, Sep 28, 2004