    one today. It's thicker, softer, has tighter weaving. What next??
    Would people really DIE if they simply left some thing alone and
    (gasp!) made them pay $0.50 more??

    RichA, May 27, 2011

  2. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >Even a camera strap!! Compare a Nikon strap from five years ago to

    Today you're bitching about cost cutting. Yesterday you were bitching
    about high prices. Tomorrow you'll be bitching about the use of
    plastic.

    Ray Fischer, May 28, 2011

  3. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On May 28, 3:00 am, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    > RichA  <> wrote:
    > >Even a camera strap!!  Compare a Nikon strap from five years ago to

    > Today you're bitching about cost cutting.  Yesterday you were bitching
    > about high prices.  Tomorrow you'll be bitching about the use of
    > plastic.

    No, I've always disliked the use of plastic. But as for high prices
    and cost-cutting, they have nothing to do with each other, if you
    think about it. A solidly-made camera body (Pentax K5) produced for a
    fair price isn't the same as $2000 for a prime lens that could cost
    $1000.00, with NO cuts to material quality. When companies cut to the
    bone however, they are pandering to cheap bastards who will fight
    tooth and nail to save $20 on a $1000 purchase. Losers. The kind who
    will mount a $2000 camera on a $50 tripod, or use a $15 filter on a
    $1000 lens or who will use a $10 non-speed rated SD card in a DSLR.

    RichA, May 28, 2011
  4. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 5/28/2011 4:34 AM, RichA wrote:
    > On May 28, 3:00 am, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    >> RichA<> wrote:
    >>> Even a camera strap!! Compare a Nikon strap from five years ago to

    >> Today you're bitching about cost cutting. Yesterday you were bitching
    >> about high prices. Tomorrow you'll be bitching about the use of
    >> plastic.
    >>

    > No, I've always disliked the use of plastic. But as for high prices
    > and cost-cutting, they have nothing to do with each other, if you
    > think about it. A solidly-made camera body (Pentax K5) produced for a
    > fair price isn't the same as $2000 for a prime lens that could cost
    > $1000.00, with NO cuts to material quality. When companies cut to the
    > bone however, they are pandering to cheap bastards who will fight
    > tooth and nail to save $20 on a $1000 purchase. Losers. The kind who
    > will mount a $2000 camera on a $50 tripod, or use a $15 filter on a
    > $1000 lens or who will use a $10 non-speed rated SD card in a DSLR.

    AWQUITYERBULLSHITANDCRYING

    WTF are you ranting about.
    What are you qualifications for drawing your conclusions.
    What is the supportable factual basis for your conclusions.

    Do you even begin to understand cost accounting. If so, please explain
    your calculations. Does Pentax give you access to this inside information.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, May 28, 2011
  5. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >On May 28, 3:00 am, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    >> RichA  <> wrote:
    >> >Even a camera strap!!  Compare a Nikon strap from five years ago to

    >> Today you're bitching about cost cutting.  Yesterday you were bitching
    >> about high prices.  Tomorrow you'll be bitching about the use of
    >> plastic.

    >No, I've always disliked the use of plastic.

    And you've always disliked paying for more expensive materials.

    > But as for high prices
    >and cost-cutting, they have nothing to do with each other

    You are an idiot.

    > A solidly-made camera body (Pentax K5) produced for a
    >fair price

    "Fair price" from you has always meant "much cheaper than what it
    costs to make". At heart you're a whiny communist.

    Ray Fischer, May 28, 2011
  6. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On 5/28/2011 11:01 PM, Rich wrote:
    > PeterN<> wrote in

    >>> No, I've always disliked the use of plastic. But as for high prices
    >>> and cost-cutting, they have nothing to do with each other, if you
    >>> think about it. A solidly-made camera body (Pentax K5) produced for
    >>> a fair price isn't the same as $2000 for a prime lens that could cost
    >>> $1000.00, with NO cuts to material quality. When companies cut to
    >>> the bone however, they are pandering to cheap bastards who will fight
    >>> tooth and nail to save $20 on a $1000 purchase. Losers. The kind
    >>> who will mount a $2000 camera on a $50 tripod, or use a $15 filter on
    >>> a $1000 lens or who will use a $10 non-speed rated SD card in a DSLR.

    >> AWQUITYERBULLSHITANDCRYING
    >>
    >> WTF are you ranting about.

    > If you have to ask, why ask?

    Sigh!
    It was a rhetorical way of saying "you are spewing nonsense and buiishit."

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, May 29, 2011
  7. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Rich <> wrote:
    > (Ray Fischer) wrote in news:4de15aff$0$2127
    >$:
    >
    >> RichA <> wrote:

    >bitching
    >>>
    >>>No, I've always disliked the use of plastic.

    >> And you've always disliked paying for more expensive materials.

    >It isn't the cost of the material (magnesium, aluminum) that causes the
    >higher prices, it's the machining. Dimwit.

    Machining magnesium and aluminum is more expensive than molding
    plastics, dumbass. It's still the material that causes the higher
    costs that you whine about.

    >>> But as for high prices
    >>>and cost-cutting, they have nothing to do with each other

    >> You are an idiot.

    >Brilliant.

    Thanks.

    Ray Fischer, May 29, 2011
  8. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On May 29, 6:24 pm, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    > Rich  <> wrote:
    > > (Ray Fischer) wrote in news:4de2b3f6$0$2168

    > >> Machining magnesium and aluminum is more expensive than molding
    > >> plastics, dumbass.  It's still the material that causes the higher
    > >> costs that you whine about.

    > >You are a little slow of the mark, aren't you?

    > And still way smarter than you.

    That would be, "far smarter."

    RichA, May 30, 2011
  9. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    RichA <> wrote:
    >On May 29, 6:24 pm, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    >> Rich  <> wrote:
    >> > (Ray Fischer) wrote in news:4de2b3f6$0$2168

    >> >You are a little slow of the mark, aren't you?

    >> And still way smarter than you.

    >That would be, "far smarter."

    No, control freak, it wouldn't be.

    Ray Fischer, May 31, 2011
  10. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Eric Stevens <> wrote:
    > (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    >>Rich <> wrote:
    >>> (Ray Fischer) wrote in news:4de15aff$0$2127
    >>>$:

    >>>bitching

    >>>It isn't the cost of the material (magnesium, aluminum) that causes the
    >>>higher prices, it's the machining. Dimwit.

    >>Machining magnesium and aluminum is more expensive than molding
    >>plastics, dumbass. It's still the material that causes the higher
    >>costs that you whine about.

    >Have you thought of the cost of machining the molds?

    One mold produces thousands of copies of a plastic part
    with no additional machining.

    Ray Fischer, May 31, 2011
  11. RichA

    John Turco Guest

    PeterN wrote:

    > > On 5/28/2011 4:34 AM, RichA wrote:

    <edited for brevity>

    > > No, I've always disliked the use of plastic. But as for high prices
    > > and cost-cutting, they have nothing to do with each other, if you
    > > think about it. A solidly-made camera body (Pentax K5) produced for a
    > > fair price isn't the same as $2000 for a prime lens that could cost
    > > $1000.00, with NO cuts to material quality. When companies cut to the
    > > bone however, they are pandering to cheap bastards who will fight
    > > tooth and nail to save $20 on a $1000 purchase. Losers. The kind who
    > > will mount a $2000 camera on a $50 tripod, or use a $15 filter on a
    > > $1000 lens or who will use a $10 non-speed rated SD card in a DSLR.

    > AWQUITYERBULLSHITANDCRYING
    >
    > WTF are you ranting about.
    > What are you qualifications for drawing your conclusions.
    > What is the supportable factual basis for your conclusions.
    >
    > Do you even begin to understand cost accounting. If so, please explain
    > your calculations. Does Pentax give you access to this inside information.

    Pentax wouldn't even allow Richard Anderson "inside" its front door. He'd
    need to break in, like the bungling burglar he is.

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Jun 30, 2011