Everything about MCSE

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Seema, May 18, 2007.

  1. Seema

    Seema Guest

    Seema, May 18, 2007

  2. Seema

    kpg Guest

    Seema <> wrote in news:1179471901.614425.50900
    @y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

    > http://educational-world.blogspot.com/search/label/MCSE

    hmmmm....

    "A Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) is someone who has passed
    exams about the Microsoft Windows NT operating system, related desktop
    systems, networking, and Microsoft's BackOffice server products."

    Technically correct, but what makes an MCSE is the experience, not the
    cert. Cart before the horse, you know.

    "The MCSE program is the most popular of a set of training programs that
    Microsoft calls the Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)."

    MCSE is not a training program - it is a certification program - it
    certifies that you already know the stuff.

    <sigh>

    0x22

    kpg, May 18, 2007

  3. Seema

    catwalker63 Guest

    catwalker63, May 18, 2007
  4. Seema

    FrisbeeĀ® Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > Seema <> wrote in news:1179471901.614425.50900
    > @y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> http://educational-world.blogspot.com/search/label/MCSE?wp_ml=0

    > hmmmm....
    >
    > "A Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) is someone who has passed
    > exams about the Microsoft Windows NT operating system, related desktop
    > systems, networking, and Microsoft's BackOffice server products."
    >
    > Technically correct, but what makes an MCSE is the experience, not the
    > cert. Cart before the horse, you know.
    >
    > "The MCSE program is the most popular of a set of training programs that
    > Microsoft calls the Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)."
    >
    > MCSE is not a training program - it is a certification program - it
    > certifies that you already know the stuff.

    Nice catch... and this, in my opinion, is the biggest misconception of the
    certification process.

    FrisbeeĀ®, May 18, 2007
  5. Seema

    kpg Guest

    kpg, May 18, 2007
  6. "kpg" <> wrote in message

    > MCSE is not a training program - it is a certification program - it
    > certifies that you already know the stuff.

    To better get our point across, what do you think about suggesting these 'good
    reads' in this order?

    READ FIRST: http://www.certguard.com/Why-Certify.asp

    If you still feel the need to certify:
    READ SECOND: http://www.certguard.com/Certification-and-Experience.asp

    And if you STILL feel the need to certify:
    READ LAST: http://www.certguard.com/Seven-Steps-to-Certification-Success.asp

    If you've made it through all 3 documents and you still feel the URGE to get
    certified, then have at it.

    --
    CertGuard

    Robert Williams [CertGuard], May 18, 2007
  7. Seema

    Neil Guest

    did you hear kpg <> say in

    > What! Don't pollute my froup with your corporate spam.

    *SPLORF*

    crap, that was funny, but hardly worth revisiting my lunch.

    --
    The InterNeil "V2.0 with Tabbed browsing and decreased verbosity" MCNGP
    Triple X

    - famous last words: .....of course I checked it for viruses!

    Neil, May 18, 2007
  8. Seema

    Scott Guest

    Scott, May 18, 2007
  9. Seema

    kpg Guest

    "Robert Williams [CertGuard]" <NewsGroups[at[CertGuard[dot]co_> wrote in

    > If you've made it through all 3 documents and you still feel the URGE
    > to get certified, seek professional help.

    iffypiffy

    kpg, May 18, 2007
  10. "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > "Robert Williams [CertGuard]" <NewsGroups[at[CertGuard[dot]co_> wrote in
    >
    >> If you've made it through all 3 documents and you still feel the URGE
    >> to get certified, seek professional help.

    > iffypiffy

    That good, huh?!

    So do you think it will work?

    --
    CG

    Robert Williams [CertGuard], May 19, 2007
  11. Seema

    Raman Guest

    I have passed First 4 modules of MCSE but still I cannot install and
    configure a server2003 and make some client (2)computers in the same
    domain(i have 3 computers running in my home ,I tried making 2 pcs as
    cliient computers to one computer running windows server 2003)
    Can any one help.?Please

    Raman, May 20, 2007
  12. Seema

    CBIC Guest

    "Raman" <> wrote in message

    > Can any one help.?Please

    Sorry. It would appear there is no help for you.

    CBIC, May 21, 2007
  13. Seema

    Cerebrus Guest

    On May 20, 2:26 pm, "Raman" <> wrote:
    > I have passed First 4 modules of MCSE but still I cannot install and
    > configure a server2003 and make some client (2)computers in the same
    > domain(i have 3 computers running in my home ,I tried making 2 pcs as
    > cliient computers to one computer running windows server 2003)
    > Can any one help.?Please"

    I bet you cheated your socks off to pass those exams.

    Cerebrus, May 21, 2007
  14. "Raman" <> wrote in message
    >I have passed First 4 modules of MCSE but still I cannot install and configure
    >a server2003 and make some client (2)computers in the same domain(i have 3
    >computers running in my home ,I tried making 2 pcs as cliient computers to one
    >computer running windows server 2003)
    > Can any one help.?Please
    > "Seema" <> wrote in message
    >> Everything about MCSE
    >> http://educational-world.blogspot.com/search/label/MCSE

    Well, since you've already started on a path that you seemingly know very little
    about, this may be too late. You may be able to take a step back from the
    certifications, however, and get yourself some solid experience before you
    continue on to your MCSE.

    I posted these links in this very thread, you should have taken a few minutes to
    read them before posting here.

    Ask yourself, Why Certify: http://www.certguard.com/Why-Certify.asp

    Ask yourself if you have the experience to Earn your certifications:

    Robert Williams [CertGuard], May 21, 2007