    Would anyone know of this software or any other solution to this problem of
    getting connected ? Preferably accessible by using either a BT landline or
    Voip Stunt PC phone.

    john east, Mar 6, 2012

  2. john east

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 3/6/2012 7:25 AM, john east wrote:
    > Certain classes at a local gym are oversubscribed and so they have now asked
    > people to ring in after 1300 hrs the day before and book a place by phone.
    >
    > So everybody is ringing in at the same time (if you don't ring earlier all
    > the vacancies have gone)and you just cannot get through. Using Voip stunt
    > the phone just rings three times and says its busy and cuts off.
    >
    > We have heard there is a new piece of software for smart phones that somehow
    > sorts out this problem, I think it is by connecting you when their line is
    > free ?
    >
    > Would anyone know of this software or any other solution to this problem of
    > getting connected ? Preferably accessible by using either a BT landline or
    > Voip Stunt PC phone.

    Get a part time job on a farm, no Gym required.

    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest As

    OldGringo38, Mar 6, 2012

  3. john east

    §nühw¤£f Guest

    john east wrote:
    > Certain classes at a local gym are oversubscribed and so they have now asked
    > people to ring in after 1300 hrs the day before and book a place by phone.
    >
    > So everybody is ringing in at the same time

    Find another gym. Buy some home sports equipment.
    Learn to exercise without haveing to have some twit yell at you to
    motivate you.

    <nods>
    --
    http://www.skepticalscience.com/
    www.friendsofanimals.org |www.snuhwolf.9f.com|

    §nühw¤£f, Mar 6, 2012
  4. john east

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 3/6/2012 8:29 AM, Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 08:20:43 -0600, OldGringo38
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Get a part time job on a farm, no Gym required.

    > Me thinks joining another gym is a good suggestion too :)

    :)

    OldGringo38, Mar 6, 2012
  5. john east

    Graham. Guest

    On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 13:25:59 -0000, "john east" <>
    wrote:

    >Certain classes at a local gym are oversubscribed and so they have now asked
    >people to ring in after 1300 hrs the day before and book a place by phone.
    >
    >So everybody is ringing in at the same time (if you don't ring earlier all
    >the vacancies have gone)and you just cannot get through. Using Voip stunt
    >the phone just rings three times and says its busy and cuts off.
    >
    >We have heard there is a new piece of software for smart phones that somehow
    >sorts out this problem, I think it is by connecting you when their line is
    >free ?
    >
    >Would anyone know of this software or any other solution to this problem of
    >getting connected ? Preferably accessible by using either a BT landline or
    >Voip Stunt PC phone.

    It rather depends on where this message you hear is originating from
    but it sounds like the line might not truly busy, your call might be
    being answered by the system at the far end and that system plays you
    that message rather than put you in a queue.
    Not very helpful.

    You can tell if the calls are being answered by looking at the
    voipstunt CDR.

    Is it the message if you use a different carrier?

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Mar 6, 2012
  6. john east

    Graham. Guest

    Oh and the cynic in me has just prompted me to ask you if this number
    is a premeum rate one where the gym gets a share of the revenue?

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Mar 6, 2012
  7. john east

    G. Morgan Guest

    Graham. wrote:

    >Oh and the cynic in me has just prompted me to ask you if this number
    >is a premeum rate one where the gym gets a share of the revenue?

    My name is Graham too. It's rare to see a fellow "Graham" in the
    US. Are you in the US?

    --
    My belt holds my pants up, but the belt loops hold my belt up. I
    don't really know what's happening down there. Who is the real

    G. Morgan, Mar 6, 2012
  8. john east

    Graham. Guest

    On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 11:07:06 -0600, G. Morgan
    <> wrote:

    >Graham. wrote:
    >

    >>Oh and the cynic in me has just prompted me to ask you if this number
    >>is a premeum rate one where the gym gets a share of the revenue?

    >My name is Graham too. It's rare to see a fellow "Graham" in the
    >US. Are you in the US?

    No, England, but my dad was raised in Scotland, some parts of which
    are definitely gray.

    It's a good name to have.

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Mar 6, 2012
  9. john east

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 3/6/2012 12:08 PM, Deux wrote:
    > On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 08:20:43 -0600, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> Get a part time job on a farm, no Gym required.

    > This is good advice; you don't need to work on a farm but you can get fit
    > for much less and probably see better results.
    >
    > A typical gym will want £50 a month or £600 a year!
    >
    > Want to build muscle? Argos sell a weight set for £70 and expert advice
    > is that you should use free weights, not 'machines'.
    >
    > Want to lose weight or get fit? You can get a decent pair of running
    > shoes for £70 and an annual running club membership for £25. Plus you
    > get to see more of the outdoors instead of staring at a wall.

    Well getting paid for working on a far seems a little better to me than
    paying for the exercise. Lots of fresh air and no stinky armpits
    contaminating the room air. :)

    OldGringo38, Mar 6, 2012
  10. "john east" <> wrote:

    > So everybody is ringing in at the same time (if you don't ring earlier
    > all the vacancies have gone)and you just cannot get through. Using
    > Voip stunt the phone just rings three times and says its busy and cuts
    > off.
    >
    > We have heard there is a new piece of software for smart phones that
    > somehow sorts out this problem, I think it is by connecting you when
    > their line is free ?

    Take a look at WeQ4U reported at The Register a fe days sgo: it's an app
    for android phones and iphones.

    http://www.reghardware.com/2012/03/01/weq4u_avoids_call_centre_queues_with_
    free_app/

    Gordon Freeman, Mar 6, 2012
  11. john east

    Brian A Guest

    On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 12:08:41 -0600, Deux wrote:

    > On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 08:20:43 -0600, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> Get a part time job on a farm, no Gym required.

    > This is good advice; you don't need to work on a farm but you can get
    > fit for much less and probably see better results.
    >
    > A typical gym will want £50 a month or £600 a year!
    >
    > Want to build muscle? Argos sell a weight set for £70 and expert advice
    > is that you should use free weights, not 'machines'.
    >
    > Want to lose weight or get fit? You can get a decent pair of running
    > shoes for £70 and an annual running club membership for £25. Plus you
    > get to see more of the outdoors instead of staring at a wall.

    The above is logical but going to a gym is quite different to exercising
    at home. Firstly, you are doing it along side others which is a big
    incentive to carry on. Secondly, it's social, you get to know the
    regulars.

    If the voip company is dropping the call after 3 rings then use a
    different company. I use a Betamax company and I've never experience a
    call busy signal after only 4 rings so could it be something else?

    My old Nokia phone could be set to redial a number and when the line is
    free, then to connect. So, that type of program is not at all new.

    Brian A, Mar 20, 2012