Evernote

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by newbie, Sep 1, 2005.

  1. newbie

    newbie Guest

    newbie, Sep 1, 2005

  2. newbie

    Harrison Guest

    Harrison, Sep 1, 2005

  3. newbie

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:36:52 +0530, "newbie" <> wrote:

    >Can anybody shed any light about Evernote available at www.evernote.com

    Umm.. can you be vague?

    Evan Platt, Sep 1, 2005
  4. Blinky the Shark, Sep 1, 2005
  5. newbie

    newbie Guest

    Sorry, I couldn't express myself properly.
    What I exactly wanted to know was opinion of majority to the product.
    Surfing through newsgroup one lesson I have learnt is that, before
    committing to anything it is always better to take opinion from highly
    knowledgable persons who are frquenting these groups and are generous with
    their comment and advice.
    By doing this I have been able to collect good many tips regarding plus and
    minus of many products, which was of great help to me.
    Thanks for the inspiritational link.
    Regards.

    newbie, Sep 1, 2005
  6. newbie

    trout Guest

    newbie wrote:

    > Can anybody shed any light about Evernote available at
    > www.evernote.com

    Why are you interested in this program? What features do you think
    would be useful to you? Which version of the program were you
    considering- the free, 'lite' version, or the full 'paid' one? What do
    you want to do with it?
    With *this* kind of information, people can give you their opinions
    of that program, or perhaps suggest better alternatives.
    --
    Don't expect people to guess what you might want.

    trout, Sep 1, 2005
  7. newbie wrote:

    > Sorry, I couldn't express myself properly. What I exactly wanted to
    > know was opinion of majority to the product. Surfing through
    > newsgroup one lesson I have learnt is that, before committing to
    > anything it is always better to take opinion from highly knowledgable
    > persons who are frquenting these groups and are generous with their
    > comment and advice. By doing this I have been able to collect good
    > many tips regarding plus and minus of many products, which was of
    > great help to me. Thanks for the inspiritational link.

    Thanks for taking the razzing in good humor. :)

    Unfortunately, all of the highly knowledgeable persons were fired a
    couple months ago by Wanadoo due to another newbie's complaints that
    they were taking too many coffee breaks and were using big words to
    answer when they *were* back at their desks.

    Take me, for instance. I've never heard of Evernote, so I can't offer
    any real help on that particular subject. I can say, however that the
    apparently similar program I used to use, back in The Windows Decade,
    was a very nice bit of freeware called KeyNote, which is available here:

    http://www.tranglos.com/free/

    The best advice I can give you is to try out Evernote, but also give
    KeyNote a trial run, and see which you like best. As regards the
    latter, back when I was a reg in alt.comp.freeware, I reported to the
    author a security issue in his Oubliette password manager, and in
    working out that issue he was accessible and seemed to be a decent sort.
    I *think*, also, that both KeyNote and Oubliette were group picks for
    their respective software categories.

    Because KeyNote will save its data as text files, I'm still able to
    access the mounds of data I managed with it, even though I'm no longer
    using Windows. Future access is something to think about. Granted, I
    have no Linux *manager* for those text files, at least I can look at
    the bare text and move it to my Linux information manager when I need
    something I stored way back then.

    Hope you find something, between those two and what else is out there
    (TreePad, for instance, which I used before KeyNote, and which is a
    decent, if less featured information manager) that does just what you
    want.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 1, 2005
  8. newbie

    newbie Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    || newbie wrote:
    ||| Sorry, I couldn't express myself properly. What I exactly wanted
    ||| to know was opinion of majority to the product. Surfing through
    ||| newsgroup one lesson I have learnt is that, before committing to
    ||| anything it is always better to take opinion from highly
    ||| knowledgable persons who are frquenting these groups and are
    ||| generous with their comment and advice. By doing this I have been
    ||| able to collect good many tips regarding plus and minus of many
    ||| products, which was of great help to me. Thanks for the
    ||| inspiritational link.
    || Thanks for taking the razzing in good humor. :)
    || Unfortunately, all of the highly knowledgeable persons were fired a
    || couple months ago by Wanadoo due to another newbie's complaints that
    || they were taking too many coffee breaks and were using big words to
    || answer when they *were* back at their desks.
    || Take me, for instance. I've never heard of Evernote, so I can't
    || offer any real help on that particular subject. I can say, however
    || that the apparently similar program I used to use, back in The
    || Windows Decade, was a very nice bit of freeware called KeyNote,
    || which is available here:
    || http://www.tranglos.com/free/
    || The best advice I can give you is to try out Evernote, but also give
    || KeyNote a trial run, and see which you like best. As regards the
    || latter, back when I was a reg in alt.comp.freeware, I reported to the
    || author a security issue in his Oubliette password manager, and in
    || working out that issue he was accessible and seemed to be a decent
    || sort. I *think*, also, that both KeyNote and Oubliette were group
    || picks for their respective software categories.
    || Because KeyNote will save its data as text files, I'm still able to
    || access the mounds of data I managed with it, even though I'm no
    || longer using Windows. Future access is something to think about.
    || Granted, I have no Linux *manager* for those text files, at least I
    || can look at the bare text and move it to my Linux information
    || manager when I need something I stored way back then.
    || Hope you find something, between those two and what else is out there
    || (TreePad, for instance, which I used before KeyNote, and which is a
    || decent, if less featured information manager) that does just what you
    || want.
    || --
    || Blinky Linux Registered User
    || 297263
    || Killing All Posts from GG:
    || http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html End Of The Good GG Archive GUI:
    || http://blinkynet.net/comp/gggui.html

    Thanks Blinky for sparing your time for a newbie.

    newbie, Sep 2, 2005