Everest Home no longer free

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tony, Dec 5, 2005.

  1. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Tony, Dec 5, 2005

  2. Tony

    old jon Guest

    old jon, Dec 5, 2005

  3. Tony

    Tony Guest

    "old jon" <> wrote in message
    news:fVVkf.24338$...

    > There`s also AIDA32 here at majorgeeks
    > http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html
    > bw..OJ

    Thanks for that. How strange that it is so similar to Everest :)

    Tony, Dec 5, 2005
  4. Tony

    Noel Paton Guest

    "old jon" <> wrote in message

    > "Tony" <> wrote in message
    >> Dam, was just going to recommend that someone downloads and installs it
    >> but when I checked the URL it says that they are no longer doing the free
    >> addition.
    >>
    >> http://www.lavalys.com/news.php?article=31&selcat=PR&lang=en
    >>
    >> 'Spose will have to recommend Belarc now
    >> http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
    >>

    > There`s also AIDA32 here at majorgeeks
    > http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html
    > bw..OJ

    AIDA32 is also still available here
    http://www.aumha.org/downloads/aida32.zip
    (same version as the MG one)

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    Noel Paton, Dec 5, 2005
  5. Tony

    Shep© Guest

    On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 12:34:21 -0000 If you fall from a tree,leave your
    anger on the branch and then "Tony" <> sent this :

    >"old jon" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> There`s also AIDA32 here at majorgeeks
    >> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html
    >> bw..OJ

    >Thanks for that. How strange that it is so similar to Everest :)

    Aida32 became Everest :D

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

    Shep©, Dec 5, 2005
  6. Tony

    dadiOH Guest

    Tony wrote:
    > "old jon" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> There`s also AIDA32 here at majorgeeks
    >> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html
    >> bw..OJ

    > Thanks for that. How strange that it is so similar to Everest :)

    *Plagirism* :)

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Dec 5, 2005
  7. Tony

    Guest Guest

    "Tony" <> wrote in message

    > "old jon" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> There`s also AIDA32 here at majorgeeks
    >> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download181.html
    >> bw..OJ

    > Thanks for that. How strange that it is so similar to Everest :)

    Wrong way around. AIDA32 existed first. Then the author decided to make
    some cash on it and sold it off to Lavalys, along with becoming an employee
    of Lavalys. Greed is powerful. Some features of AIDA32 were dropped from
    Everest Home. Now Lavalys is dropping the Home version entirely.
    Apparently there weren't enough users of the freebie edition that were
    upgrading and paying for the next higher edition. Of course, their
    Corporate and Ultimate versions don't even target the consumer market but
    instead just the business market.

    MajorGeeks.com also has a download for the enterprise version of AIDA32
    (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download183.html). Yep, time to uninstall
    Everest Home and reinstall AIDA32 EE to get back what Lavalys took away at
    the start and what they take away now.

    Guest, Dec 5, 2005