    what should I do?....TIA
    Allen.

    , Oct 12, 2004

  2. °Mike° Guest

    First of all, check your Device Manager for any
    conflicts. If all ok there, uninstall and reinstall
    Everest, and download it from an OFFICIAL source.

    On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 19:28:48 +0100, in
    <>
    scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 12, 2004

  3. Ingeborg Guest

    wrote in news::

    > Hello...
    > Win XP, basic set up, 128ram, 40 gb hdd.
    > I took the advise of others, I downloaded and installed the latest
    > version (Free) of Everst home edition.
    > It begins ok, then just 'locks up' when it begins "scanning PCI
    > devices"...? I understand they don't do 'support' on the free version?
    > what should I do?....TIA
    > Allen.

    According to the faq
    http://www.lavalys.com/products/faq.php?pid=1&pageid=5
    you can try the commandline options /SAFE of /SAFER

    Ingeborg, Oct 12, 2004
  4. Guest

    On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 19:35:36 +0100, °Mike° <>
    wrote:

    >First of all, check your Device Manager for any
    >conflicts. If all ok there, uninstall and reinstall
    >Everest, and download it from an OFFICIAL source.

    Thanks Mike, I'm sure there is something else wrong here.
    I uninstalled, re-installed (was downloaded from their site)...
    same thing, locks up? no = no conflicts (device manager).
    I did try this some time back, with Win ME...just the same!
    Thanks again,
    Allen.

    , Oct 13, 2004
  5. Guest

    On 12 Oct 2004 19:02:25 GMT, Ingeborg <> wrote:

    > wrote in news::
    >
    >> Hello...
    >> Win XP, basic set up, 128ram, 40 gb hdd.
    >> I took the advise of others, I downloaded and installed the latest
    >> version (Free) of Everst home edition.
    >> It begins ok, then just 'locks up' when it begins "scanning PCI
    >> devices"...? I understand they don't do 'support' on the free version?
    >> what should I do?....TIA
    >> Allen.
    >>

    >According to the faq
    >http://www.lavalys.com/products/faq.php?pid=1&pageid=5
    >you can try the commandline options /SAFE of /SAFER

    Thanks for your reply Ingebor...
    Unfortunately, I don't know how/where to enter these options? I did
    re-visit the site and have now read the FAQ's, thanks. Is it at all
    possible you could advise/assist me with entering option of /SAFER?
    TIA
    Allen.

    , Oct 13, 2004
  6. In article <>,
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 19:35:36 0100, °Mike° <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>First of all, check your Device Manager for any
    >>conflicts. If all ok there, uninstall and reinstall
    >>Everest, and download it from an OFFICIAL source.
    >>

    >Thanks Mike, I'm sure there is something else wrong here.
    >I uninstalled, re-installed (was downloaded from their site)...
    >same thing, locks up? no = no conflicts (device manager).
    >I did try this some time back, with Win ME...just the same!
    >Thanks again,
    >Allen.

    You are welcome.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "I agree with this bot's poast." -- Russell B Waters

    Lady Chatterly, Oct 13, 2004
  7. In article <>,
    wrote:

    >On 12 Oct 2004 19:02:25 GMT, Ingeborg <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote in news::
    >>
    >>> Hello...
    >>> Win XP, basic set up, 128ram, 40 gb hdd.
    >>> I took the advise of others, I downloaded and installed the latest
    >>> version (Free) of Everst home edition.
    >>> It begins ok, then just 'locks up' when it begins "scanning PCI
    >>> devices"...? I understand they don't do 'support' on the free version?
    >>> what should I do?....TIA
    >>> Allen.
    >>>

    >>According to the faq
    >>http://www.lavalys.com/products/faq.php?pid=1&pageid=5
    >>you can try the commandline options /SAFE of /SAFER

    >Thanks for your reply Ingebor...
    >Unfortunately, I don't know how/where to enter these options? I did
    >re-visit the site and have now read the FAQ's, thanks. Is it at all
    >possible you could advise/assist me with entering option of /SAFER?
    >TIA
    >Allen.

    You are welcome.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "god helps the humble. the poor are humble. the rich are fools!
    are u rich lady chatterly?" -- Freeza Frost

    Lady Chatterly, Oct 13, 2004
  8. samuel Guest

    wrote in

    > On 12 Oct 2004 19:02:25 GMT, Ingeborg <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Hello...
    >>> Win XP, basic set up, 128ram, 40 gb hdd.
    >>> I took the advise of others, I downloaded and installed the
    >>> latest version (Free) of Everst home edition.
    >>> It begins ok, then just 'locks up' when it begins "scanning PCI
    >>> devices"...? I understand they don't do 'support' on the free
    >>> version? what should I do?....TIA
    >>> Allen.
    >>>

    >>According to the faq
    >>http://www.lavalys.com/products/faq.php?pid=1&pageid=5 you can try
    >>the commandline options /SAFE of /SAFER

    > Thanks for your reply Ingebor...
    > Unfortunately, I don't know how/where to enter these options? I
    > did re-visit the site and have now read the FAQ's, thanks. Is it
    > at all possible you could advise/assist me with entering option of
    > /SAFER? TIA
    > Allen.

    see Q and A #3

    samuel, Oct 13, 2004
  9. Ingeborg Guest

    wrote in news::

    > On 12 Oct 2004 19:02:25 GMT, Ingeborg <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote in news::
    >>
    >>> Hello...
    >>> Win XP, basic set up, 128ram, 40 gb hdd.
    >>> I took the advise of others, I downloaded and installed the latest
    >>> version (Free) of Everst home edition.
    >>> It begins ok, then just 'locks up' when it begins "scanning PCI
    >>> devices"...? I understand they don't do 'support' on the free version?
    >>> what should I do?....TIA
    >>> Allen.
    >>>

    >>According to the faq
    >>http://www.lavalys.com/products/faq.php?pid=1&pageid=5
    >>you can try the commandline options /SAFE of /SAFER

    > Thanks for your reply Ingebor...
    > Unfortunately, I don't know how/where to enter these options? I did
    > re-visit the site and have now read the FAQ's, thanks. Is it at all
    > possible you could advise/assist me with entering option of /SAFER?
    > TIA
    > Allen.

    Create a shortcut to Everest, and edit the "Path" argument.
    Path = "C:\Program files\Everest\Everest.exe" becomes
    Path = "C:\Program files\Everest\Everest.exe" /SAFER

    Use this shortcut.

    Ingeborg, Oct 14, 2004