Ever want to go to Berkeley?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Shane, Apr 2, 2006.

  1. Shane

    Shane Guest

    http://webcasts.berkeley.edu/courses/index.php

    CS 162 Operating Systems and System Programming
    CS 252 Graduate Computer Architecture
    CS 61A The Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
    CS 61B Data Structures
    CS 61C Machine Structures

    Theres other shit there, Physics, Art, Chemistry, Economics, Electronics and
    the like... ho hum :)
    Each lecture is around 74 MB they are expected to be held on the server for
    1 year

    Copyright Issues, from the FAQ
    http://webcasts.berkeley.edu/faq.html
    Can people outside of Berkeley receive webcasts?
    Yes. Course webcasts are currently not restricted to the UC Berkeley domain.

    Can I download a webcast archive to my harddrive or obtain a CD-ROM?
    Copyright issues prevent us from supporting unauthorized copying of
    webcasts.

    Talk about ambiguous answer.. am I allowed to steal it or not!

    My *theory* is that all streams are temporarily stored on your HDD anyways,
    just that stealing it means you are keeping it slightly longer then
    expected
    They are real media streams (ew) but if your up with the play with mplayer
    you shouldnt have any problems (there is mplayer for windows as well if
    your looking for another option to your current setup, although I have
    *never* tried mplayer windows version)

    Have fun :)
    Shane, Apr 2, 2006

  2. Shane

    Brendan Guest

    On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 14:00:43 +1200, Shane wrote:

    > My *theory* is that all streams are temporarily stored on your HDD anyways,
    > just that stealing it means you are keeping it slightly longer then
    > expected
    > They are real media streams (ew) but if your up with the play with mplayer
    > you shouldnt have any problems (there is mplayer for windows as well if
    > your looking for another option to your current setup, although I have
    > *never* tried mplayer windows version)

    There is a free real media alternative codec for windows, usually found in
    the same sites as the klite codec pack.

    Does not have the stupid shit that RM does.

    --

    .... Brendan

    Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly.
    They lit a fire in the craft, it sank,
    proving once and for all that you can't have your kayak and heat it.

    Note: All my comments are copyright 2/04/2006 8:17:23 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.
    Brendan, Apr 3, 2006