    stie and let me know what you think.

    http://www.heidi.ie/notrax/

    Dickie
    Dickie Peters, Dec 16, 2006

  2. Dickie Peters wrote:

    > Ever hear of a browser called No Trax? Is it any good? Check out this
    > stie and let me know what you think.
    >
    > http://www.heidi.ie/notrax/
    >
    > Dickie

    If you really need something like this, take a look at Torpark. Its free,

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 17, 2006

  3. Dickie Peters

    Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Dickie Peters wrote:
    >
    > > Ever hear of a browser called No Trax? Is it any good? Check out this
    > > stie and let me know what you think.
    > >
    > > http://www.heidi.ie/notrax/
    > >
    > > Dickie

    > If you really need something like this, take a look at Torpark. Its free,
    >
    > Lee

    Torpark is based on the Portable Firefox, but runs through the TOR
    Network. I use it all the time and its great: http://tor.eff.org/
    , Dec 17, 2006
  4. Dickie Peters

    Tony Raven Guest

    wrote on 17/12/2006 03:47 +0100:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Dickie Peters wrote:
    >>
    >>> Ever hear of a browser called No Trax? Is it any good? Check out this
    >>> stie and let me know what you think.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.heidi.ie/notrax/
    >>>
    >>> Dickie

    >> If you really need something like this, take a look at Torpark. Its free,
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Torpark is based on the Portable Firefox, but runs through the TOR
    > Network. I use it all the time and its great: http://tor.eff.org/

    I prefer to use the Tor with standard FF & TB. I find going through the
    Tor slows things down so I only switch it on when I need it - which is
    easily done with the Torbutton extension (do I call them extensions
    these days or add-ons?)

    --
    Tony

    "...has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least
    wildly inaccurate..."
    Douglas Adams; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    Tony Raven, Dec 17, 2006
  5. Dickie Peters

    Bradley Guest

    On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 17:55:58 -0500, Dickie Peters
    <> wrote:

    >Ever hear of a browser called No Trax? Is it any good? Check out this
    >stie and let me know what you think.
    >
    >http://www.heidi.ie/notrax/
    >
    >Dickie

    Seems to me as a not particularly computer savy user that this prog
    does little more than the average Antivirus, Spywarer, firewall
    Program/s. do

    There seems to be a suggestion of anonymity when there really is not!
    Can't see any mention of masking/blocking IP addresses or whatever I
    thought would be necessary.

    Am I wrong......As usual?

    Don't do anything the police would be interested in but boy would I
    love to hide from the Spammers!

    Brad.
    Bradley, Dec 17, 2006
  6. Dickie Peters

    Tony Raven Guest

    Bradley wrote on 17/12/2006 10:12 +0100:

    > There seems to be a suggestion of anonymity when there really is not!
    > Can't see any mention of masking/blocking IP addresses or whatever I
    > thought would be necessary.
    >
    > Am I wrong......As usual?

    No you're not and the site specifically says it does not:

    "Does NoTrax hide my IP Address?
    No, however NoTrax allows you to use IP hiding software to proxy through."

    i.e. get Tor is you want IP obscuration. But if you use Tor, why not
    just stick with FF? And if you want no history left on the machine,
    configure FF to clean up when you exit.

    Tony Raven, Dec 17, 2006
  7. Tony Raven wrote:
    > wrote on 17/12/2006 03:47 +0100:
    >> Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >>> Dickie Peters wrote:

    /snip/

    > I prefer to use the Tor with standard FF & TB. I find going through the
    > Tor slows things down so I only switch it on when I need it - which is
    > easily done with the Torbutton extension (do I call them extensions
    > these days or add-ons?)

    Addons are extensions or themes. I would call it an extension.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 17, 2006
  8. On 2006-12-16, Dickie Peters <> wrote:

    > Ever hear of a browser called No Trax? Is it any good? Check out this
    > stie and let me know what you think.
    >
    > http://www.heidi.ie/notrax/

    Never heard of it before, but from reading the FAQ it doesn't seem to
    offer much you couldn't do better -- and cheaper -- with Firefox and
    Tor and careful work habits.

    --

    John ()
    John Thompson, Dec 17, 2006
  9. On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 16:28:04 -0600, John Thompson
    <2.dhs.org> wrote:

    >On 2006-12-16, Dickie Peters <> wrote:
    >
    >> Ever hear of a browser called No Trax? Is it any good? Check out this
    >> stie and let me know what you think.
    >>
    >> http://www.heidi.ie/notrax/

    >Never heard of it before, but from reading the FAQ it doesn't seem to
    >offer much you couldn't do better -- and cheaper -- with Firefox and
    >Tor and careful work habits.

    Yep, I'm sticking with Firefox.

    Thanks, guys!
    Dickie