EventID 32 and 59 after each boot

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Thomas G. Madsen, Sep 11, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    Does anyone in here know what the following EventIDs mean:

    -----------

    -----------

    | EventID: 59
    | Source: SideBySide
    | Type: Error
    |
    | Generate Activation Context failed for:
    | D:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\MFC.
    | Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed
    | on your system.

    Each error appears three times after each boot, so I get twelve
    errors in the Event Viewer every time a reboot has taken place.
    I have asked Logitech but they're clueless (as usual).

    What is the referenced assembly?

    --
    Regards
    Madsen

    Thomas G. Madsen, Sep 11, 2005

  2. Hi, Thomas.

    Nothing quick pops up, here. Have you been compiling in Visual Studio? Have
    you got any clue what is meant by SideBy Side? I found something HTML-like
    with that name, rings any bells?

    Some installation that you removed, perchance - and with residue in the
    Reg.?

    Tip: Some Reg cleaners and repairkits can be configured to scan for
    orphaned keys without actually making any changes, that's practical if you
    like to check things on a hunch.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 11, 2005

  3. Thomas G. Madsen

    Colin Nowell Guest

    You've installed the 64 bit drivers for Logitech Setpoint yes?

    Colin Nowell, Sep 11, 2005
  4. Tony Sperling wrote:

    > Nothing quick pops up, here. Have you been compiling in Visual
    > Studio?

    No.

    > Have you got any clue what is meant by SideBy Side?

    No, not really. All I know is that it started to appear after the
    installation of SetPoint 2.40 for WinXP x64. My Logitech keyboard
    and mouse seems to work fine (Logitech diNovo Cordless Desktop for
    Notebooks and MX1000 mouse) but the Event Viewer logs is annoying.

    > I found something HTML-like with that name, rings any bells?

    Nope. :)

    > Some installation that you removed, perchance - and with residue
    > in the Reg.?

    I haven't removed anything since I installed Setpoint. No as far
    as I can remember.

    > Tip: Some Reg cleaners and repairkits can be configured to
    > scan for orphaned keys without actually making any changes,
    > that's practical if you like to check things on a hunch.

    I use EasyCleaner on my WinXP x86 installation but I haven't tried
    reg cleaners on x64 because I fear for incompatibility issues.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen

    Thomas G. Madsen, Sep 11, 2005
  5. Colin Nowell wrote:

    > You've installed the 64 bit drivers for Logitech Setpoint yes?

    Yes I have.

    This one:
    <http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/GB/EN,CRID=1796,contentid=9599,OSID=11>

    --
    Regards
    Madsen

    Thomas G. Madsen, Sep 11, 2005
  6. Well, then - Colin's got a 'point'. It sounds as the drivers are referencing
    something that didn't install. Are these 'beta' drivers? If the HTML thing
    is the one, then it could be some 3:rd party component that Logitech don't
    know anything about, something to format the helptext, or whatever, that
    they used in the 32bit version and that either didn't install or doesn't
    work any more? I would get back to Log. and pester them about this specific
    SBS. I wonder, though, if you can tell Event Viewer that: "Yes, I've got it
    now, I will take care of it as soon as possible." and have it shut up about
    it.

    Tony Sperling, Sep 11, 2005
  7. Here's a link:

    http://www.stat.umn.edu/macanova/html_help/node429.htm

    Tony Sperling, Sep 11, 2005
  8. Bernhard Dietrich, Sep 11, 2005
  9. Thomas G. Madsen, Sep 11, 2005
  10. Thomas G. Madsen

    Colin Nowell Guest

    Right. I have the same thing and my LX700 Keyboard and Mouse are both
    working fine... I guess Logitech didn't quite get it right first time out...
    I suspect they will in the next release...

    Colin

    Colin Nowell, Sep 11, 2005

    =?Utf-8?B?c2lyaXBvcm4ncyBrdWF5bmlu?=, Sep 12, 2005

    =?Utf-8?B?c2lyaXBvcm4nJ3Mga3VheW5pbg==?=, Sep 12, 2005