    problem! The difficulty is the tech side of the information it provides,
    like what the event id number represents. Could any recommend a good web
    site that would be helpful. I run windows XP pro. Thanks
    ian holding, Jul 23, 2005

  2. ian holding

    Dave Lear Guest

    Dave Lear, Jul 23, 2005

  3. ian holding

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 16:25:43 GMT, ian holding wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have been experiencing a few problems with my system which keeps crashing
    >i.e. the dreaded BSOD, this seems to happen frequently in certain programs,
    >so I hoped the system log in event viewer would throw some light on the
    >problem! The difficulty is the tech side of the information it provides,
    >like what the event id number represents. Could any recommend a good web
    >site that would be helpful. I run windows XP pro. Thanks

    As per many posts, today - fairly recent and old

    www.google.com
    http://support.microsoft.com
    link to the KB

    and for xp
    http://www.aumha.org/
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/

    Microsoft TechNet: Events and Errors for Windows and the Windows ...
    To view Windows XP Events and Errors, type the Source (for example,
    Print) and/or ... These ID codes may be found in the Application log in
    Event Viewer. ...
    www.microsoft.com/technet/support/eventserrors.mspx - 23k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    EventID.Net
    Parser - Copy/paste your events for ... Event Viewer Redirection -
    Windows XP only ...
    www.eventid.net/search.asp - 19k - Cached - Similar pages

    Me
    why?, Jul 23, 2005