    are missing. I've also lost some exe files. The folders are
    there but the exe file is gone.
    Thanks for any help you can give me.

    mediary, Jul 19, 2004

  2. mediary

    °Mike° Guest

    Explorer is always unexpectedly terminating in my install
    of Windows, too, and I've never found the reason why.

    I'm guessing that it's conflicting with something else
    that's installed, but I haven't been able to pin it down.

    If you do find an answer, I'd be interested to hear what
    was causing it for you.

    Side note: XP is very good at hiding errors, and it's way
    to easy for people to say that XP is far more stable than
    other operating systems, without realising what's going
    on under the surface. Well, my experience is different;
    I have had far more stability problems with XP than I ever
    had with Windows 98SE ... even plain old Windows 98 never
    used to give me this much grief.

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 06:59:25 GMT, in
    <Xns952B1E731BD3Cmediaryyahoonet@216.77.188.18>
    mediary scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 19, 2004

  3. mediary

    mediary Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in

    > Explorer is always unexpectedly terminating in my install
    > of Windows, too, and I've never found the reason why.
    >
    > I'm guessing that it's conflicting with something else
    > that's installed, but I haven't been able to pin it down.
    >
    > If you do find an answer, I'd be interested to hear what
    > was causing it for you.
    >
    > Side note: XP is very good at hiding errors, and it's way
    > to easy for people to say that XP is far more stable than
    > other operating systems, without realising what's going
    > on under the surface. Well, my experience is different;
    > I have had far more stability problems with XP than I ever
    > had with Windows 98SE ... even plain old Windows 98 never
    > used to give me this much grief.
    >

    > On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 06:59:25 GMT, in
    > <Xns952B1E731BD3Cmediaryyahoonet@216.77.188.18>
    > mediary scrawled:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>Everytime I boot I can go to the event log and see this ...

    Hi Mike,
    I didn't have this problem until I updated ZoneAlarmPro to
    version 5. They tell me it's impossible that ZAP could have been
    the cause even though it started on the very first boot after
    the update. I went to their users forum and found I wasn't the
    only person to have these problems of Icons missing and explorer
    crashing. If I find a fix I'll send it along. I've ordered a new
    computer so I doubt I'll ever find the real answer. I'm gonna
    stick W98se back on here ( I run wXP Pro now) and let it fly out
    the window. Thanks for commenting on the post. At least someone
    read it.

    mediary, Jul 23, 2004
  4. mediary

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 04:08:47 GMT, in
    <Xns952F183A9535mediaryyahoonet@216.77.188.18>
    mediary scrawled:

    <snip>

    >Thanks for commenting on the post. At least someone
    >read it.

    You're welcome.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 23, 2004
  5. mediary

    gangle Guest

    "°Mike°" wrote
    > On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 04:08:47 GMT, in
    > mediary scrawled:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > >Thanks for commenting on the post. At least someone
    > >read it.

    > You're welcome.

    AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

    gangle, Jul 24, 2004
  6. mediary

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 18:05:20 -0700, in
    <>
    gangle scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" wrote
    >> On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 04:08:47 GMT, in
    >> mediary scrawled:
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> >Thanks for commenting on the post. At least someone
    >> >read it.

    >> You're welcome.

    >AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

    You're welcome.

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jul 25, 2004
  7. mediary

    gangle Guest

    "°Mike°" wrote > On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 18:05:20 -0700, in
    > gangle scrawled:
    >
    > >"°Mike°" wrote
    > >> On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 04:08:47 GMT, in
    > >> mediary scrawled:
    > >>
    > >> <snip>

    > >> You're welcome.

    > >AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

    > You're welcome.

    AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    gangle, Jul 25, 2004
  8. Re: Event: The shell stopped unexpectedly and Explorer.exe was restarted.How to fix?

    gangle wrote:
    > "°Mike°" wrote > On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 18:05:20 -0700, in
    >
    >> gangle scrawled:
    >>

    >>>"°Mike°" wrote

    >>>AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

    >>You're welcome.

    > AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    > EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    > EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    > EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    > EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    > EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU......................

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jul 25, 2004