Event on historical place

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mmyvusenet, Oct 17, 2010.

  1. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    mmyvusenet, Oct 17, 2010

  2. mmyvusenet

    Irwell Guest

    On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 12:45:48 -0500, mmyvusenet wrote:

    > Hello:
    >
    > I was passing through the historical center of Lima, I had the opportunity
    > to take this photo about this event:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5088440174/
    >
    > Thanks for your comments.

    That is a great photograph, really excellent.

    Irwell, Oct 17, 2010

  3. mmyvusenet

    Bruce Guest

    Irwell <> wrote:
    >On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 12:45:48 -0500, mmyvusenet wrote:
    >> Hello:
    >> I was passing through the historical center of Lima, I had the opportunity
    >> to take this photo about this event:
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5088440174/
    >> Thanks for your comments.

    >That is a great photograph, really excellent.

    Seconded.

    Bruce, Oct 17, 2010
  4. mmyvusenet

    Tim Conway Guest

    "mmyvusenet" <> wrote in message
    > Hello:
    >
    > I was passing through the historical center of Lima, I had the opportunity
    > to take this photo about this event:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5088440174/
    >
    > Thanks for your comments.

    Good work!

    Tim Conway, Oct 17, 2010
  5. mmyvusenet

    Ofnuts Guest

    On 10/17/2010 10:31 PM, Bruce wrote:
    > Irwell<> wrote:
    >> On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 12:45:48 -0500, mmyvusenet wrote:
    >>> Hello:
    >>> I was passing through the historical center of Lima, I had the opportunity
    >>> to take this photo about this event:
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5088440174/
    >>> Thanks for your comments.

    >> That is a great photograph, really excellent.

    > Seconded.

    Better than most of Miguel's photos, but if the subject is OK(*), there
    is this big emptiness on the right side where the eye wanders without
    finding anything to rest on. A good crop of the picture makes it really
    better IMHO even if its chops off a good deal of the bride's train.

    As an aside, I'm wondering about the motives of the people awarding a
    "Flickr award" to Miguel's shoots. His photography definitely improved
    over time but it's not anywhere near an award level.

    (*) because the two people on the sides on the newlyweds seem to be
    there to prevent them from fleeing from the upcoming sentence, but that
    may not have been Miguel's intent.
    --
    Bertrand

    Ofnuts, Oct 17, 2010
  6. mmyvusenet

    Vance Guest

    On Oct 17, 10:45 am, "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > I was passing through the historical center of Lima, I had the opportunity
    > to take this photo about this event:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5088440174/
    >
    > Thanks for your comments.
    >
    > --
    > MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com

    Not bad, Miguel, not bad at all. It has its weaknesses/ Check you
    histogram for blown highlights, for one thing.

    Compositionally, the spatial placement of the various components
    mostly works , but, and I think this is a big but, the attention of
    the Bride, Groom and I assume family is directed away from the priest
    and you have to wonder what are they looking at (or do you have to
    look straight ahead when you are getting married in Peru?). If they
    were looking toward the priest there would be a natural flow around
    the picture. You can't do anything about that, but you could change
    your position so that we could see what they are looking at. That
    would be to your camera right and while it might mean losing the
    priest, he might not be important to the shot with that take.

    You're definitely improving and that's great to see. I suggest that
    you explore your subjects more with different angles and not be
    satisfied with the first one that you think is good. When you have
    the time, like you would in this situation, shoot more shots and make
    them different.

    Keep it up.

    Vance

    Vance, Oct 18, 2010
  7. mmyvusenet

    Bruce Guest

    Ofnuts <> wrote:
    >On 10/17/2010 10:31 PM, Bruce wrote:
    >> Irwell<> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> That is a great photograph, really excellent.

    >> Seconded.

    >Better than most of Miguel's photos, but if the subject is OK(*), there
    >is this big emptiness on the right side where the eye wanders without
    >finding anything to rest on. A good crop of the picture makes it really
    >better IMHO even if its chops off a good deal of the bride's train.
    >
    >As an aside, I'm wondering about the motives of the people awarding a
    >"Flickr award" to Miguel's shoots. His photography definitely improved
    >over time but it's not anywhere near an award level.

    Perhaps, like me, they are overcompensating for any derogatory remarks
    that they may have made about his images in the past. This one may
    not justify an objectively given award for excellence, but it sure
    deserves an award for the massive improvement that it represents.

    Bruce, Oct 18, 2010
  8. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Tim Conway" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:i9fqtk$62h$-september.org...

    > "mmyvusenet" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> I was passing through the historical center of Lima, I had the
    >> opportunity to take this photo about this event:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5088440174/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your comments.
    >>

    > Good work!

    Tim thanks for your comments, today I had the opportunity to take another
    photo on this exciting day of Spring.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com

    mmyvusenet, Oct 20, 2010
  9. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Bruce" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:...
    > Ofnuts <> wrote:

    >>> Seconded.

    >>Better than most of Miguel's photos, but if the subject is OK(*), there
    >>is this big emptiness on the right side where the eye wanders without
    >>finding anything to rest on. A good crop of the picture makes it really
    >>better IMHO even if its chops off a good deal of the bride's train.
    >>
    >>As an aside, I'm wondering about the motives of the people awarding a
    >>"Flickr award" to Miguel's shoots. His photography definitely improved
    >>over time but it's not anywhere near an award level.

    > Perhaps, like me, they are overcompensating for any derogatory remarks
    > that they may have made about his images in the past. This one may
    > not justify an objectively given award for excellence, but it sure
    > deserves an award for the massive improvement that it represents.

    Irwell, Bruce and Ofnuts, thanks for your comments, I just also send a post
    on another part in the historical center of Lima to make different pictures,
    where I tried to improve the characteristics of place.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com

    mmyvusenet, Oct 20, 2010
  10. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "bugbear" <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:...
    > mmyvusenet wrote:
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> I was passing through the historical center of Lima, I had the
    >> opportunity to take this photo about this event:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5088440174/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your comments.

    > Perhaps bracketing and (perhaps) HDR would have been in order.
    >
    > BugBear

    Hello, thanks for your comment, I have always in mind the practice again in
    HDR photography.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com

    mmyvusenet, Oct 20, 2010
  11. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Vance" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:...
    > On Oct 17, 10:45 am, "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> I was passing through the historical center of Lima, I had the
    >> opportunity
    >> to take this photo about this event:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5088440174/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your comments.
    >>
    >> --
    >> MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com

    > Not bad, Miguel, not bad at all. It has its weaknesses/ Check you
    > histogram for blown highlights, for one thing.
    >
    > Compositionally, the spatial placement of the various components
    > mostly works , but, and I think this is a big but, the attention of
    > the Bride, Groom and I assume family is directed away from the priest
    > and you have to wonder what are they looking at (or do you have to
    > look straight ahead when you are getting married in Peru?). If they
    > were looking toward the priest there would be a natural flow around
    > the picture. You can't do anything about that, but you could change
    > your position so that we could see what they are looking at. That
    > would be to your camera right and while it might mean losing the
    > priest, he might not be important to the shot with that take.
    >
    > You're definitely improving and that's great to see. I suggest that
    > you explore your subjects more with different angles and not be
    > satisfied with the first one that you think is good. When you have
    > the time, like you would in this situation, shoot more shots and make
    > them different.
    >
    > Keep it up.
    >
    > Vance

    Hi Vance, thanks for your comments, I have tried to expand more the photo
    that I mentioned in the post I just send to the newsgroup. I have also
    tried to improve the colors and still make interesting photography.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com

    mmyvusenet, Oct 20, 2010