Event ID 7026 error in event viewer

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Apr 25, 2007.

  1. I get this error whenever I boot Vista x64.
    It says that the i8042prt controller could not be started.
    Could it be because I have no PS2 devices connected?
    I am on wireless keyboard/mouse.
    Carlos
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Apr 25, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Guess I have found the answer myself, though I have not been able to try it
    (gotta get my wife out of the keyboard, she's playing the darned Solitaire).
    http://discussions.hardwarecentral.com/showthread.php?t=140641
    Fact is that I watched event viewer in another Vista x64 PC, also with
    wireless USB mouse/keyboard and no PS/2 devices and guess what...
    There was no event id 7026 error!
    What was the difference then (apart from hardware)
    The answer was not blowing in the wind but in the aforementioned page, which
    I now quote:
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ i8042prt \ Start

    .. . . when the DWORD Value was 1 ( enabled ) - I got Event ID 7026

    .. . . when I changed it to 0 ( disabled ) - this didn't fix it

    .. . . when I changed it to 4 ( restricted ) - this fixed it"

    My PC has a 1, causing the error.
    The "other" PC has a 4, not causing the error.
    I am eager to test this but, you know, SHE is using MY PC!
    Hope this helps anyone having this problem.
    Carlos

    "Carlos" wrote:

    > I get this error whenever I boot Vista x64.
    > It says that the i8042prt controller could not be started.
    > Could it be because I have no PS2 devices connected?
    > I am on wireless keyboard/mouse.
    > Carlos
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Apr 25, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Problem fixed.

    "Carlos" wrote:

    > Guess I have found the answer myself, though I have not been able to try it
    > (gotta get my wife out of the keyboard, she's playing the darned Solitaire).
    > http://discussions.hardwarecentral.com/showthread.php?t=140641
    > Fact is that I watched event viewer in another Vista x64 PC, also with
    > wireless USB mouse/keyboard and no PS/2 devices and guess what...
    > There was no event id 7026 error!
    > What was the difference then (apart from hardware)
    > The answer was not blowing in the wind but in the aforementioned page, which
    > I now quote:
    > "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ i8042prt \ Start
    >
    > . . . when the DWORD Value was 1 ( enabled ) - I got Event ID 7026
    >
    > . . . when I changed it to 0 ( disabled ) - this didn't fix it
    >
    > . . . when I changed it to 4 ( restricted ) - this fixed it"
    >
    > My PC has a 1, causing the error.
    > The "other" PC has a 4, not causing the error.
    > I am eager to test this but, you know, SHE is using MY PC!
    > Hope this helps anyone having this problem.
    > Carlos
    >
    > "Carlos" wrote:
    >
    > > I get this error whenever I boot Vista x64.
    > > It says that the i8042prt controller could not be started.
    > > Could it be because I have no PS2 devices connected?
    > > I am on wireless keyboard/mouse.
    > > Carlos
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Apr 26, 2007
    #3
  4. Hello Carlos,
    For drivers and services
    Start Value of 0 is boot, it's not disabled
    Start Value of 4 is disabled

    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    --------------------
    |>Thread-Topic: Event ID 7026 error in event viewer
    |>thread-index: AceHi8hffo9qhD5URyyl2P70vnrmuA==
    |>X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 190.48.156.123
    |>From: =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?= <>
    |>References: <>
    |>Subject: RE: Event ID 7026 error in event viewer
    |>Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 15:48:03 -0700
    |>Lines: 30
    |>Message-ID: <>
    |>MIME-Version: 1.0
    |>Content-Type: text/plain;
    |> charset="Utf-8"
    |>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    |>X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
    |>Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
    |>Importance: normal
    |>Priority: normal
    |>X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.2826
    |>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    |>Path: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl
    |>Xref: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general:6022
    |>NNTP-Posting-Host: tk2msftsbfm01.phx.gbl 10.40.244.148
    |>X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    |>
    |>Guess I have found the answer myself, though I have not been able to try
    it
    |>(gotta get my wife out of the keyboard, she's playing the darned
    Solitaire).
    |>http://discussions.hardwarecentral.com/showthread.php?t=140641
    |>Fact is that I watched event viewer in another Vista x64 PC, also with
    |>wireless USB mouse/keyboard and no PS/2 devices and guess what...
    |>There was no event id 7026 error!
    |>What was the difference then (apart from hardware)
    |>The answer was not blowing in the wind but in the aforementioned page,
    which
    |>I now quote:
    |>"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ i8042prt \
    Start
    |>
    |>. . . when the DWORD Value was 1 ( enabled ) - I got Event ID 7026
    |>
    |>. . . when I changed it to 0 ( disabled ) - this didn't fix it
    |>
    |>. . . when I changed it to 4 ( restricted ) - this fixed it"
    |>
    |>My PC has a 1, causing the error.
    |>The "other" PC has a 4, not causing the error.
    |>I am eager to test this but, you know, SHE is using MY PC!
    |>Hope this helps anyone having this problem.
    |>Carlos
    |>
    |>"Carlos" wrote:
    |>
    |>> I get this error whenever I boot Vista x64.
    |>> It says that the i8042prt controller could not be started.
    |>> Could it be because I have no PS2 devices connected?
    |>> I am on wireless keyboard/mouse.
    |>> Carlos
    |>
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Apr 26, 2007
    #4
  5. Thanks, Darrell.
    Now I wonder...
    What was the value of 1 I had in my registry?
    Is there any table I can read in order to understand those values?
    Carlos

    ""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:

    > Hello Carlos,
    > For drivers and services
    > Start Value of 0 is boot, it's not disabled
    > Start Value of 4 is disabled
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
    >
    > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    > --------------------
    > |>Thread-Topic: Event ID 7026 error in event viewer
    > |>thread-index: AceHi8hffo9qhD5URyyl2P70vnrmuA==
    > |>X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 190.48.156.123
    > |>From: =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?= <>
    > |>References: <>
    > |>Subject: RE: Event ID 7026 error in event viewer
    > |>Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 15:48:03 -0700
    > |>Lines: 30
    > |>Message-ID: <>
    > |>MIME-Version: 1.0
    > |>Content-Type: text/plain;
    > |> charset="Utf-8"
    > |>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    > |>X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
    > |>Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
    > |>Importance: normal
    > |>Priority: normal
    > |>X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.2826
    > |>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    > |>Path: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl
    > |>Xref: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general:6022
    > |>NNTP-Posting-Host: tk2msftsbfm01.phx.gbl 10.40.244.148
    > |>X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    > |>
    > |>Guess I have found the answer myself, though I have not been able to try
    > it
    > |>(gotta get my wife out of the keyboard, she's playing the darned
    > Solitaire).
    > |>http://discussions.hardwarecentral.com/showthread.php?t=140641
    > |>Fact is that I watched event viewer in another Vista x64 PC, also with
    > |>wireless USB mouse/keyboard and no PS/2 devices and guess what...
    > |>There was no event id 7026 error!
    > |>What was the difference then (apart from hardware)
    > |>The answer was not blowing in the wind but in the aforementioned page,
    > which
    > |>I now quote:
    > |>"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ i8042prt \
    > Start
    > |>
    > |>. . . when the DWORD Value was 1 ( enabled ) - I got Event ID 7026
    > |>
    > |>. . . when I changed it to 0 ( disabled ) - this didn't fix it
    > |>
    > |>. . . when I changed it to 4 ( restricted ) - this fixed it"
    > |>
    > |>My PC has a 1, causing the error.
    > |>The "other" PC has a 4, not causing the error.
    > |>I am eager to test this but, you know, SHE is using MY PC!
    > |>Hope this helps anyone having this problem.
    > |>Carlos
    > |>
    > |>"Carlos" wrote:
    > |>
    > |>> I get this error whenever I boot Vista x64.
    > |>> It says that the i8042prt controller could not be started.
    > |>> Could it be because I have no PS2 devices connected?
    > |>> I am on wireless keyboard/mouse.
    > |>> Carlos
    > |>
    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Apr 26, 2007
    #5
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Kue2 Guest

    Hey!!
    I got a wireless keyboard & mouse too.......no error msg here h-key -d-word
    set to 1 here no problems....
    LG Mouse +Flatron keyboard.....seems too work fine... is your problem fixed
    now setting D-word to (4)???

    "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I get this error whenever I boot Vista x64.
    > It says that the i8042prt controller could not be started.
    > Could it be because I have no PS2 devices connected?
    > I am on wireless keyboard/mouse.
    > Carlos
    Kue2, Apr 27, 2007
    #6
  7. Yes, it is fixed with a 4.
    I have a MS Wireless Desktop 6000 (keyboard + mouse).
    Monitor is an LG Flatron 17"
    Carlos

    "Kue2" wrote:

    > Hey!!
    > I got a wireless keyboard & mouse too.......no error msg here h-key -d-word
    > set to 1 here no problems....
    > LG Mouse +Flatron keyboard.....seems too work fine... is your problem fixed
    > now setting D-word to (4)???
    >
    > "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    > >I get this error whenever I boot Vista x64.
    > > It says that the i8042prt controller could not be started.
    > > Could it be because I have no PS2 devices connected?
    > > I am on wireless keyboard/mouse.
    > > Carlos

    >
    >
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Apr 27, 2007
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. MJP

    System Event #7026

    MJP, Nov 22, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    436
  2. Tony Sperling

    DCOM error in Event Viewer!

    Tony Sperling, Feb 11, 2006, in forum: Windows 64bit
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    4,187
    ChrisC
    Feb 12, 2006
  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    SPTD error in Event Viewer

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 18, 2006, in forum: Windows 64bit
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    15,962
    USGrant
    Jan 24, 2009
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    SPTD Error in Event viewer: SOLVED!

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 18, 2006, in forum: Windows 64bit
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    6,983
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=
    Jul 19, 2006
  5. Replies:
    7
    Views:
    1,689
    Plato
    Jun 14, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page