Evening all...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Chris M, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. Chris M

    Chris M Guest

    Back here after a short spell (well, probably close to a year...) away from
    this group.

    Last time I was here it was getting silly with Kadaicha Man (or however you
    spell it) trolling all the time, and someone called Comm-Tech-Support giving
    frankly brain-dead advice. I got annoyed with it all and left.

    Anyways, a new house and a new ISP later I thought I'd check back in here.
    How is everyone? Nice to see that the regulars are still here :)

    I doubt anyone will remember me since I posted under my full name back then
    and had a munged address instead of a nonsensical one... but it's nice to
    see you all anyway :)

    Carry on.

    --
    Chris M.
     
    Chris M, Feb 26, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Does your last name begin with an Mc and if it does, yes I had wondered
    about you, as you are one of the folks I archived.....;o)

    Glad you've decided to visit again. I did miss your posts if the above is
    true.....

    "Chris M" <> chiseled in stone, the following words
    news:403e6f27$0$7060$:

    > Back here after a short spell (well, probably close to a year...) away
    > from this group.
    >
    > Last time I was here it was getting silly with Kadaicha Man (or however
    > you spell it) trolling all the time, and someone called
    > Comm-Tech-Support giving frankly brain-dead advice. I got annoyed with
    > it all and left.
    >
    > Anyways, a new house and a new ISP later I thought I'd check back in
    > here. How is everyone? Nice to see that the regulars are still here :)
    >
    > I doubt anyone will remember me since I posted under my full name back
    > then and had a munged address instead of a nonsensical one... but it's
    > nice to see you all anyway :)
    >
    > Carry on.


    --
    @}-}-------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
    www.freedonation.com www.hungersite.com
    "This (TINT) is whatever I want it to be you bigfooted
    belligerent bowlegged babblative babuina."~Zigi~
     
    @}-}-------Rosee, Feb 26, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Chris M

    Chris M Guest

    "@}-}-------Rosee" <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com> wrote in message
    news:Xns949BA6E325B0Droseeneener@216.196.97.140...
    > Does your last name begin with an Mc and if it does, yes I had wondered
    > about you, as you are one of the folks I archived.....;o)


    Indeed. You have a good memory. I'm terrible with names.

    > Glad you've decided to visit again. I did miss your posts if the above is
    > true.....


    What a nice thing to say! And nice to see you again too, Rosee!

    --
    Chris M.
     
    Chris M, Feb 26, 2004
    #3
  4. And good morning to you

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:12:00 -0000, "Chris M" <>
    wrote:

    >Back here after a short spell (well, probably close to a year...) away from
    >this group.
    >
    >Last time I was here it was getting silly with Kadaicha Man.


    Aaaaaggghhhhhh!! - you have jinxed us - that mention is sure to bring
    him back!!!!



    --
    Paulie

    pjpjpj A T aussiemail D O T com
     
    Pauline Johnson, Feb 26, 2004
    #4
  5. Excellent!!! I had lost all of your archived posts in a crash in which I
    couldn't recover. So now I can start all over....;o)

    "Chris M" <> chiseled in stone, the following words
    news:403e7334$0$7059$:

    > "@}-}-------Rosee" wrote...
    >> Does your last name begin with an Mc and if it does, yes I had wondered
    >> about you, as you are one of the folks I archived.....;o)


    > Indeed. You have a good memory. I'm terrible with names.


    >> Glad you've decided to visit again. I did miss your posts if the above
    >> is true.....


    > What a nice thing to say! And nice to see you again too, Rosee!


    --
    @}-}-------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
    www.freedonation.com www.hungersite.com
    "This (TINT) is whatever I want it to be you bigfooted
    belligerent bowlegged babblative babuina."~Zigi~
     
    @}-}-------Rosee, Feb 26, 2004
    #5
  6. Chris M

    trout Guest

    Chris M wrote:

    > Back here after a short spell (well, probably close to a year...)
    > away from this group.
    >
    > Last time I was here it was getting silly with Kadaicha Man (or
    > however you spell it) trolling all the time, and someone called
    > Comm-Tech-Support giving frankly brain-dead advice. I got annoyed
    > with it all and left.
    >
    > Anyways, a new house and a new ISP later I thought I'd check back in
    > here. How is everyone? Nice to see that the regulars are still here
    > :)
    >
    > I doubt anyone will remember me since I posted under my full name
    > back then and had a munged address instead of a nonsensical one...
    > but it's nice to see you all anyway :)
    >
    > Carry on.


    Good afternoon. Yes, Chiquita-boy is still around a lot of the time,
    unfortunately (although he seems to mainly dabble in impersonations
    these days- check those headers), and the wandering brain-dead (of
    whatever name) are never in short supply. But the 'place' is still
    bustling with a lot of good posters (old and new), and I trust you
    haven't forgotten how to use a killfile.
    --
    "Congrats on the new house."
     
    trout, Feb 26, 2004
    #6
  7. Chris M

    ilmc Guest

    X-No-Archive: Yes
    Pauline Johnson typed:
    > And good morning to you
    >
    > On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:12:00 -0000, "Chris M" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Back here after a short spell (well, probably close to a year...)
    >> away from this group.
    >>
    >> Last time I was here it was getting silly with Kadaicha Man.

    >
    > Aaaaaggghhhhhh!! - you have jinxed us - that mention is sure to bring
    > him back!!!!


    He never went away - its just your kf working.
    In an idle moment, I googled for my ng posts and found the Kman had replied
    to one of them. I posted that fact here and now I am slowly doing a phoenix
    job of rising from my own ashes.
    There should be an emoticon here, but I can't think which one to use.
     
    ilmc, Feb 26, 2004
    #7
  8. Chris M

    Dan Shea Guest

    On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:36:36 +1100, Pauline Johnson <>
    wrote:

    <snip>

    Please do not feed the trolls.

    Cheers,
    dan
     
    Dan Shea, Feb 26, 2004
    #8
  9. On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:52:54 GMT, Dan Shea <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:36:36 +1100, Pauline Johnson <>
    >wrote:
    >
    ><snip>
    >
    >Please do not feed the trolls.


    Since when is Chris M a troll?!?!



    --
    Paulie

    pjpjpj A T aussiemail D O T com
     
    Pauline Johnson, Feb 27, 2004
    #9
  10. Chris M

    °Mike° Guest

    How ya deein'? Y'keeping aareet, then?


    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:12:00 -0000, in
    <403e6f27$0$7060$>
    Chris M scrawled:

    >Back here after a short spell (well, probably close to a year...) away from
    >this group.
    >
    >Last time I was here it was getting silly with Kadaicha Man (or however you
    >spell it) trolling all the time, and someone called Comm-Tech-Support giving
    >frankly brain-dead advice. I got annoyed with it all and left.
    >
    >Anyways, a new house and a new ISP later I thought I'd check back in here.
    >How is everyone? Nice to see that the regulars are still here :)
    >
    >I doubt anyone will remember me since I posted under my full name back then
    >and had a munged address instead of a nonsensical one... but it's nice to
    >see you all anyway :)
    >
    >Carry on.


    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
     
    °Mike°, Feb 27, 2004
    #10
  11. Chris M

    Chris M Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > How ya deein'? Y'keeping aareet, then?


    Blimey people have long memories. It's nice to be remembered.

    P.S. We moved to Northumberland and so we now speak aaal propar like.
    Hmph... I've been living up this end of the country for 6 years and I still
    can't do a convinving Geordie accent, even on usenet :-(
     
    Chris M, Feb 27, 2004
    #11
  12. Chris M

    Dan Shea Guest

    On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 11:05:35 +1100, Pauline Johnson <>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:52:54 GMT, Dan Shea <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:36:36 +1100, Pauline Johnson <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >><snip>
    >>
    >>Please do not feed the trolls.

    >
    >Since when is Chris M a troll?!?!


    Wasn't talking about Chris M. There are more ways of feeding a troll
    than simply replying to one... (intoned in suitably mysterious
    manner) For that matter, pretend this conversation never happened.

    Cheers,
    dan
     
    Dan Shea, Feb 27, 2004
    #12
  13. Chris M

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 00:55:33 -0000, in
    <403e957b$0$7061$>
    Chris M scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> How ya deein'? Y'keeping aareet, then?

    >
    >Blimey people have long memories. It's nice to be remembered.
    >
    >P.S. We moved to Northumberland and so we now speak aaal propar like.


    Good move. :)

    >Hmph... I've been living up this end of the country for 6 years and I still
    >can't do a convinving Geordie accent, even on usenet :-(


    Practice on: "Aroond the rugged rock, the ragged rascal ran"? ;oD

    You have to get the 'r's in the back of your throat, and they have
    to sound like they begin with 'h' -- they are also soft, even though
    they are gutteral.


    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD
     
    °Mike°, Feb 27, 2004
    #13
  14. Chris M

    ziggy Guest

    "Chris M" <> wrote in
    news:403e957b$0$7061$:

    > P.S. We moved to Northumberland and so we now speak aaal propar
    > like. Hmph... I've been living up this end of the country for 6
    > years and I still can't do a convinving Geordie accent, even on
    > usenet :-(
    >

    Whyay mon, I thought ya was ganning grate like........

    ziggy
     
    ziggy, Feb 27, 2004
    #14
  15. Chris M

    Ozzie Shrink Guest

    Dan Shea <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 11:05:35 +1100, Pauline Johnson <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:52:54 GMT, Dan Shea <> wrote:
    > >
    > >>On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:36:36 +1100, Pauline Johnson <>
    > >>wrote:
    > >>
    > >><snip>
    > >>
    > >>Please do not feed the trolls.

    > >
    > >Since when is Chris M a troll?!?!

    >
    > Wasn't talking about Chris M. There are more ways of feeding a troll
    > than simply replying to one... (intoned in suitably mysterious
    > manner) For that matter, pretend this conversation never happened.


    FROAD

    Pretend and ignore with pleasure!!

    Second worst thing to trolls is those who try to tell others how to
    deal with trolls!!
     
    Ozzie Shrink, Feb 27, 2004
    #15
  16. On 27 Feb 2004 15:33:54 -0800, (Ozzie
    Shrink) wrote:

    >Dan Shea <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >> On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 11:05:35 +1100, Pauline Johnson <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:52:54 GMT, Dan Shea <> wrote:
    >> >
    >> >>On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:36:36 +1100, Pauline Johnson <>
    >> >>wrote:
    >> >>
    >> >><snip>
    >> >>
    >> >>Please do not feed the trolls.
    >> >
    >> >Since when is Chris M a troll?!?!

    >>
    >> Wasn't talking about Chris M. There are more ways of feeding a troll
    >> than simply replying to one... (intoned in suitably mysterious
    >> manner) For that matter, pretend this conversation never happened.

    >
    >FROAD
    >
    >Pretend and ignore with pleasure!!
    >
    >Second worst thing to trolls is those who try to tell others how to
    >deal with trolls!!



    .... PLONK ...

    --
    Paulie

    pjpjpj A T aussiemail D O T com
     
    Pauline Johnson, Feb 28, 2004
    #16
  17. Chris M

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Pauline Johnson said:

    > On 27 Feb 2004 15:33:54 -0800, (Ozzie
    > Shrink) wrote:
    >
    >> Dan Shea <> wrote in message
    >> news:<>...
    >>> On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 11:05:35 +1100, Pauline Johnson <>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:52:54 GMT, Dan Shea <> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:36:36 +1100, Pauline Johnson <>
    >>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> <snip>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Please do not feed the trolls.
    >>>>
    >>>> Since when is Chris M a troll?!?!
    >>>
    >>> Wasn't talking about Chris M. There are more ways of feeding a troll
    >>> than simply replying to one... (intoned in suitably mysterious
    >>> manner) For that matter, pretend this conversation never happened.

    >>
    >> FROAD
    >>
    >> Pretend and ignore with pleasure!!
    >>
    >> Second worst thing to trolls is those who try to tell others how to
    >> deal with trolls!!

    >
    >
    > ... PLONK ...


    Hehehe, I love it when someone writes PLONK that emo makes me smile every time.
    I really must find some more *eg*
     
    Brian H¹©, Feb 28, 2004
    #17
  18. Chris M

    trout Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:

    > Pauline Johnson said:
    >
    >> On 27 Feb 2004 15:33:54 -0800, (Ozzie
    >> Shrink) wrote:

    <snip>

    >> ... PLONK ...

    >
    > Hehehe, I love it when someone writes PLONK that emo makes me smile
    > every time. I really must find some more *eg*


    That one of your 'custom' set? I don't use them ordinarily; but I'd
    like to take a look, out of curiosity.
    --
    "Stuff for Friday fartin'-around."
     
    trout, Feb 28, 2004
    #18
  19. Chris M

    Brian H¹© Guest

    trout said:

    > Brian H¹© wrote:
    >
    >> Pauline Johnson said:
    >>
    >>> On 27 Feb 2004 15:33:54 -0800, (Ozzie
    >>> Shrink) wrote:

    > <snip>
    >
    >>> ... PLONK ...

    >>
    >> Hehehe, I love it when someone writes PLONK that emo makes me smile
    >> every time. I really must find some more *eg*

    >
    > That one of your 'custom' set? I don't use them ordinarily; but I'd
    > like to take a look, out of curiosity.


    Yes, still available on my software page ;-)
     
    Brian H¹©, Feb 28, 2004
    #19
  20. Chris M

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Brian H¹© said:

    > trout said:
    >
    >> Brian H¹© wrote:
    >>
    >>> Pauline Johnson said:
    >>>
    >>>> On 27 Feb 2004 15:33:54 -0800, (Ozzie
    >>>> Shrink) wrote:

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >>>> ... PLONK ...
    >>>
    >>> Hehehe, I love it when someone writes PLONK that emo makes me smile
    >>> every time. I really must find some more *eg*

    >>
    >> That one of your 'custom' set? I don't use them ordinarily; but I'd
    >> like to take a look, out of curiosity.

    >
    > Yes, still available on my software page ;-)


    You can see it on the page view if you don't want to download the zip file.
     
    Brian H¹©, Feb 28, 2004
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. neville

    good evening

    neville, Apr 16, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    755
    Paul - xxx
    Apr 16, 2005
  2. nevillenevillesonsnr

    Good Evening

    nevillenevillesonsnr, Jul 27, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    20
    Views:
    1,047
    johnny o
    Jul 30, 2005
  3. The Sperminator

    Good Evening

    The Sperminator, Oct 4, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    373
    Steve Young
    Oct 4, 2003
  4. gilbert grape

    DIGITAL CAMERA STORY ABC EVENING NEWS

    gilbert grape, Aug 11, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    367
    Gary Eickmeier
    Aug 13, 2004
  5. Derek Fountain

    Evening city skyline

    Derek Fountain, Mar 20, 2005, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    598
    Ben Thomas
    Mar 21, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page