    event.

    <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/sunset_500.htm>

    Rita
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Nov 13, 2007

  2. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Nov 12, 7:05 pm, Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
    > Yes folks, even the Fabulous 500 can turn a dreary sunset into a spectacular
    > event.
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/sunset_500.htm>
    >
    > Rita

    Looks more like over-sharpened quacks in the shade during broad
    daylight to me.
    Annika1980, Nov 13, 2007

  3. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Douglas Guest

    On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:05:21 -0500, Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:

    > Yes folks, even the Fabulous 500 can turn a dreary sunset into a
    > spectacular event.
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/sunset_500.htm>
    >

    > Rita

    Oh that's georgous Rita.- As usual, I might add!
    You managed to capture the mood of the moment perfectly.
    Keep up this level of work and I'll have to send you a brand new D300 to
    make me a coffe table book of your glorious zoo life photos with!

    I'll even send you the entrance fee for the turnstiles so you don't have
    to go down on your knees like a certain other wild zoo shooter does.

    Douglas
    --
    If you don't defend your rights... You end up without any!
    Douglas, Nov 13, 2007
  4. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Guest

    On Nov 13, 10:05 am, Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
    > Yes folks, even the Fabulous 500 can turn a dreary sunset into a spectacular
    > event.
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/sunset_500.htm>
    >
    > Rita

    doug and annika are clearly biased, so I'll just agree with what

    ..
    , Nov 13, 2007
  5. Douglas wrote:

    >> Yes folks, even the Fabulous 500 can turn a dreary sunset into a
    >> spectacular event.
    >>
    >> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/sunset_500.htm>

    > Oh that's georgous Rita.- As usual, I might add!
    > You managed to capture the mood of the moment perfectly.
    > Keep up this level of work and I'll have to send you a brand new D300
    > to make me a coffe table book of your glorious zoo life photos with!

    Thank you for the gushing admiration, but I don't think I deserve it since
    I'm not up to that level of perfection yet. You see, a crappy lens that is
    so overwhelmingly sharp and a sensor that is unnaturally crisp and noise
    free that it’s near impossible to tone down to an acceptable level in
    Photoshop hinder me. I should have gotten a 40D instead and a fixed copy of
    CS3. This way I could produce awe-inspiring cartoons that are so
    overcorrected they deserve the gush!

    > I'll even send you the entrance fee for the turnstiles so you don't
    > have to go down on your knees like a certain other wild zoo shooter
    > does.

    If only! The Baltimore Zoo sucks beyond compare and it's a waste of the
    entrance fee.

    Rita
    =?UTF-8?Q?Rita_=C3=84_Berkowitz?=, Nov 13, 2007
  6. Annika1980 wrote:

    >> Yes folks, even the Fabulous 500 can turn a dreary sunset into a
    >> spectacular event.
    >>
    >> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/sunset_500.htm>

    > Looks more like over-sharpened quacks in the shade during broad
    > daylight to me.

    Yep, sharp dressed ducks throw off their own glow. They should be wearing
    shades since they are so sharp.

    Rita
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Nov 13, 2007
  7. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Mick Harris Guest

    "Rita Ä Berkowitz" <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote in message
    > Yes folks, even the Fabulous 500 can turn a dreary sunset into a
    > spectacular event.
    >
    > <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/sunset_500.htm>
    >

    > Rita

    Nice shot Rita, I like the colours, warms me up just looking at it. :)

    Mick
    Mick Harris, Nov 13, 2007
  8. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Nov 13, 6:10 am, Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
    > You see, a crappy lens that is
    > so overwhelmingly sharp and a sensor that is unnaturally crisp and noise
    > free that it's near impossible to tone down to an acceptable level in
    > Photoshop hinder me. I should have gotten a 40D instead and a fixed copy of
    > CS3. This way I could produce awe-inspiring cartoons that are so
    > overcorrected they deserve the gush!

    Ah, but your shots are way overcorrected as regards sharpening.
    Too bad your supposedly legitimate copy of Photoshop didn't include an
    instruction manual.
    Annika1980, Nov 13, 2007
  9. wrote:
    > On Nov 13, 10:05 am, Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
    >> Yes folks, even the Fabulous 500 can turn a dreary sunset into a spectacular
    >> event.
    >>
    >> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/sunset_500.htm>
    >>
    >> Rita

    > doug and annika are clearly biased, so I'll just agree with what
    > everyone *else* has said about this shot, namely:

    Me, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Nov 13, 2007
  10. Annika1980 wrote:

    >> You see, a crappy lens that is
    >> so overwhelmingly sharp and a sensor that is unnaturally crisp and
    >> noise free that it's near impossible to tone down to an acceptable
    >> level in Photoshop hinder me. I should have gotten a 40D instead
    >> and a fixed copy of CS3. This way I could produce awe-inspiring
    >> cartoons that are so overcorrected they deserve the gush!

    > Ah, but your shots are way overcorrected as regards sharpening.
    > Too bad your supposedly legitimate copy of Photoshop didn't include an
    > instruction manual.

    Unlike you, I do very little Photoshop since it is done right in the camera.
    I do, of course, resize and save for web. The "overcorrected as regards
    sharpening" you are referring to is a signature trademark for newsgroup
    posting and is exclusively done by HTML resizing. Just ask Wolfie since he
    loves the effect. I mean, if you really want I can do some overcorrection
    in Photoshop since the old Mk III's sensor is virtually noiseless. Had I
    been using the 40D I would have to redraw my images in Photoshop to mask the
    noise. I'm sorry to say it, but the 40D seems to generate more noise than
    the Nikon D70.

    Rita
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Nov 13, 2007
  11. Mick Harris wrote:

    >> Yes folks, even the Fabulous 500 can turn a dreary sunset into a
    >> spectacular event.
    >>
    >> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/sunset_500.htm>

    > Nice shot Rita, I like the colours, warms me up just looking at it.

    Thanks Mick.

    Rita
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Nov 13, 2007
  12. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Nov 13, 5:15 pm, Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:

    > I'm sorry to say it, but the 40D seems to generate more noise than
    > the Nikon D70.

    How would you know without looking at the RAW files?
    The settings you choose in ACR can greatly affect the perceived noise
    levels. Crank up the Sharpening and the pic will look noisier.
    Have you even seen a RAW file from the 40D?
    I posted one earlier so go look at that one and get back to me.
    It was a ISO 400 shot if memory serves.
    Annika1980, Nov 13, 2007
  13. Annika1980 wrote:

    >> I'm sorry to say it, but the 40D seems to generate more noise than
    >> the Nikon D70.
    >>

    > How would you know without looking at the RAW files?
    > The settings you choose in ACR can greatly affect the perceived noise
    > levels. Crank up the Sharpening and the pic will look noisier.
    > Have you even seen a RAW file from the 40D?
    > I posted one earlier so go look at that one and get back to me.
    > It was a ISO 400 shot if memory serves.

    So what you are saying is you are getting all this noise from ACR? I think
    you have more issues to iron out to get rid of the noisy and painted look of
    most of your images. My guess is you are over aggressively Photoshopping
    them. I still think the 40D has major noise issues that are embarrassingly
    high.

    Rita
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Nov 13, 2007
  14. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=

    Guest

    On Nov 14, 8:15 am, Rita Ä Berkowitz <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
    > The "overcorrected .. sharpening" .. is exclusively done by HTML resizing.

    (O:

    Translation - "It's not me, it's the crap methodology *I* choose..."
    , Nov 14, 2007