    It looks like it's working perfectly here.

    Greetings,
    Wessel
    Wessel Troost, Jul 17, 2005

  2. Only MSDN and volume Licience editions can upgrade the trial but not
    the OEM version. The OEM version is for clean install or to repair an OEM
    version.

    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 17, 2005

  3. Wessel Troost

    John Barnes Guest

    Surely there must be a way to go from the trial version to the OEM version
    without a complete reinstall. I know in the past Microsoft employees have
    had multiple confusing posts on this topic, but surely they wouldn't punish
    their trial users by making them go thru the whole program/driver install
    process again. Please MSFT how about one way to do it cleanly. I don't
    care if you call it a fix/repair/upgrade etc. Just the steps to accomplish
    it, PLEASE.

    John Barnes, Jul 17, 2005
  4. Probably won't see that request granted until the next version of Windows.
    --

    "John Barnes" <> wrote in message
    > Surely there must be a way to go from the trial version to the OEM version
    > without a complete reinstall. I know in the past Microsoft employees have
    > had multiple confusing posts on this topic, but surely they wouldn't
    > punish their trial users by making them go thru the whole program/driver
    > install process again. Please MSFT how about one way to do it cleanly. I
    > don't care if you call it a fix/repair/upgrade etc. Just the steps to
    > accomplish it, PLEASE.

    >> Only MSDN and volume Licience editions can upgrade the trial but not
    >> the OEM version. The OEM version is for clean install or to repair an OEM
    >> version.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Andre
    >> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    >>
    >> "Wessel Troost" <> wrote in message
    >>> What happens with the evaluation version after 120 days?
    >>> Can you "upgrade" it to a legal version?
    >>>
    >>> It looks like it's working perfectly here.
    >>>
    >>> Greetings,
    >>> Wessel

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 17, 2005
  5. Wessel Troost

    Bill Guest

    Add the beta trophy edition for those who actively participated. Don't know
    if it is the same as the MSDN edition, but it will do an upgrade over the
    trial.

    Bill Sharpe

    Bill, Jul 17, 2005
  6. I think I read that is similar to MSDN, well at least we have it confirmed
    now.
    --

    "Bill" <eschol@remove_this.shinbiro.com> wrote in message
    > Add the beta trophy edition for those who actively participated. Don't
    > know if it is the same as the MSDN edition, but it will do an upgrade over
    > the trial.
    >
    > Bill Sharpe

    >> Only MSDN and volume Licience editions can upgrade the trial but not
    >> the OEM version. The OEM version is for clean install or to repair an OEM
    >> version.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Andre
    >> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    >>
    >> "Wessel Troost" <> wrote in message
    >>> What happens with the evaluation version after 120 days?
    >>> Can you "upgrade" it to a legal version?
    >>>
    >>> It looks like it's working perfectly here.
    >>>
    >>> Greetings,
    >>> Wessel

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 17, 2005
  7. Bill <eschol@remove_this.shinbiro.com> wrote:
    > Add the beta trophy edition for those who actively participated. Don't
    > know if it is the same as the MSDN edition, but it will do an
    > upgrade over the trial.
    >
    > Bill Sharpe

    This is a full version, not an OEM, so upgrade is possible.

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy
    (Ruiselede - Belgium)
    Christian Hougardy \(MS XP MVP\), Jul 17, 2005
  8. So it would be similar in some respects to a retail copy of Windows?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    "Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 17, 2005
  9. Wessel Troost

    Chris S. Guest

    > So it would be similar in some respects to a retail copy of Windows?
    > --

    Yes, it is. From MS: "Full copy of Windows Professional x64 Edition"

    Chris
    Chris S., Jul 17, 2005
  10. Christian Hougardy \(MS XP MVP\), Jul 17, 2005
  11. Thanks Chris & Chris :)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 17, 2005