    Once I get a copy of x64, how do I install it over the eval version?
    I'm hoping I don't have to install all the software again.
    , Sep 6, 2005

  2. You should be able to do an inplace "repair" install. Google for details.
    They'll be talking about XP, but it's the same for x64 Edition.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 6, 2005

  3. Guest

    , Sep 6, 2005
  4. Check http://www.planetamd64.com for available drivers.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Sep 6, 2005
  5. Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 6, 2005
  6. Guest

    The official copy of x64 arrived today. I did the install as indicated
    in "method 1" at the link above.. It saved the F6/floppy step. Still it
    took maybe 30 minutes. There are many situations where you are asked if
    you want to install a driver from the CD rom that is older than what is
    already on the PC. [Do the obvious, i.e. like Nancy says, just say no.]

    Just to make sure the copy was legit, I downloaded the antispyware
    software from Microsquish, which of course puts you through the
    authentication script, which it passed.

    You never know about these internet dealers, so I advised to check if
    it is legal ASAP. The previous copy of XP Pro (not x64) did not
    authenticate, though I swear it was legit. I managed to get my money
    back fortunately.

    I'll rate the experience as painless. Of course, getting the demo x64
    to work wasn't exactly a picnic due to some drivers not being on the
    net. Giga-byte tech support was very good. All done by email, but very
    fast response.
    , Sep 10, 2005
  7. Colin Nowell Guest

    You've just cited one of the many reasons why I have always ended up going
    back to Giga-Byte for motherboards after trying other vendors' for a time...

    Colin Nowell, Sep 10, 2005