  1. PWB

    PWB Guest

    how please do you type the beuro sign on the 4 key on a keyboard TIA

    PWB, Jun 9, 2007

  2. PWB

    Scraggy Guest

    PWB wrote:
    > how please do you type the beuro sign on the 4 key on a keyboard TIA

    € = ctrl + alt 4

    HTH

    members. Groucho Marx

    Scraggy, Jun 9, 2007

  3. PWB

    Mike Easter Guest

    PWB wrote:
    > how please do you type the beuro sign on the 4 key on a keyboard TIA

    Your question is supposed to state what operating system and keyboard
    layout you are configured.

    Your headers indicate that your OS is Win XP [based on your newsreader
    version number] and that your connectivity provider is in GB [based on
    NPH line] -- so without any help from you, someone could deduce or
    derive a Win XP .uk keyboard layout.

    The wikipedia article on keyboard layouts^1 has a section comparing and
    contrasting UK & Ireland MS keyboard layouts with the US and HK
    varieties. There is also a US-International version

    ^1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout The United Kingdom and
    Ireland use a keyboard layout similar to the United States.[1] Hong Kong
    uses US and Chinese (Traditional) keyboards rather than UK and Ireland
    ones. See the article British and American keyboards^2 for details.

    ^2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_and_American_keyboards There
    are two major English language keyboard layouts, the United States
    layout and the United Kingdom layout. United States users do not
    frequently need to make use of the (pound) and (euro) currency symbols,
    which are common needs in the UK and Ireland. As one might expect,
    different operating system vendors have provided their own solutions to
    this, which are often not equivalent.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jun 9, 2007
  4. PWB

    SJP Guest

    "PWB" <> wrote in message
    > how please do you type the beuro sign on the 4 key on a keyboard TIA

    "alt gr" to the right of space bar and "4" is the ? sign

    SJP, Jun 9, 2007
  5. PWB

    Mike Easter Guest

    PWB wrote:
    > how please do you type the beuro sign on the 4 key on a keyboard TIA

    If you are using a MS .uk keyboard layout and keyboard which has an
    'alt-gr' - alt-graphic key - in place of the routine alt-key on the
    right side, the euro would be alt-graphic-4 -- whereas if you are using
    a keyboard without an alt-gr key, then the euro would be alt-ctrl-4.

    More on alt-gr here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AltGr_key In UK
    keyboard layouts, the only two symbols printed on most keyboards which
    require the AltGr key are: [...] the Euro currency symbol.[...]

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jun 9, 2007