Euro-sign with key-stokes

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by JB, Nov 25, 2003.

  1. JB

    JB Guest

    Can anybody give me some advice in how to get the EURO-sign by making use
    of some keystrokes on a modern keyboard?

    On the cordless keyboard delivired with the Packard Bell Meltimedia
    computers
    the EURO-sign is printed on the "5"-key on the second row of keys on that
    keyboard (lower-right).

    The SHIFT-5 key gives the "%"-sign, and on the keyboards I am used to,
    I can get the EURO-sign by simultanuous pressing of the CTRL-ALT-5 keys.

    On the particular keyboard this doesn't work.

    Perhaps it has something to do with the country-setting (now "Nederlans
    (Nederland) - verenigde Staten (Internationaal)" )

    As a trick I can use ALT - 0128 on the numeric pad, but this is a nuisance.

    I hope somebody can give me some hints!

    Thanks for your attention.

    Jan Bours
    jfhm_bours
    A T
    planet.nl

    JB, Nov 25, 2003

  2. JB

    Sorahl Guest

    JB,

    If you're using Dutch keyboard settings, try pressing down the right side
    ALT key together with 5. That works for me.

    Sorahl

    Sorahl, Nov 25, 2003

  3. JB

    Shweeney Guest

    "JB" <> wrote in message
    > Can anybody give me some advice in how to get the EURO-sign by making use
    > of some keystrokes on a modern keyboard?

    ALT-GR and 4 does it for me
    doesn't matter what it says on the keys, its how the keyboard is set up in
    windows

    Shweeney, Nov 25, 2003
  4. JB

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, JB mused:

    | Can anybody give me some advice in how to get the EURO-sign by making use
    | of some keystrokes on a modern keyboard?

    Another option is AllChars. A small program that has the Euro and a
    host of other characters that can be created with simple shortcuts. I use
    it quite a lot. Actually coded by a Dutch chap ...

    http://allchars.zwolnet.com

    mhicaoidh, Nov 25, 2003