EULA

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?RGlt?=, Nov 2, 2005.

  1. Does Windows XP Pro 64 Bit edition provide you with downgrade rights to 32
    Bit edition or even older versions of Windows (ie Win 2000 Pro or NT)

    =?Utf-8?B?RGlt?=, Nov 2, 2005

  2. Yes, its Windows XP Professional, just that its 32 bit, the same licensing
    requirements that are applicable to x86 XP Professional are also applicable
    x64 XP Professional.
    http://www.microsoftvolumelicensing.com/userights/ProductPoints.aspx?pid=91
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 2, 2005

  3. Dim wrote:
    > Does Windows XP Pro 64 Bit edition provide you with downgrade rights to 32
    > Bit edition or even older versions of Windows (ie Win 2000 Pro or NT)

    No. Only Volume Licenses for WinXP Pro provide for down-grading.
    WinXPx64 is an OEM license.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Bruce Chambers, Nov 3, 2005
  4. Windows XP Professional x64 is also available under Volume Licensing. He did
    not specify which version he/she is using.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 3, 2005
  5. Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
    > Windows XP Professional x64 is also available under Volume Licensing.

    I was unaware of that. I stand corrected. If the OP has a Volume
    License, than he should be able to downgrade.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Bruce Chambers, Nov 4, 2005
  6. Thank you guys.....I got my answer here. FYI
    Downgrade Rights Chart
    http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/resources/volbrief.mspx
    Q. Can I downgrade my OEM version of Microsoft Windows XP Professional to
    Windows 98 (Second Edition)?
    A. Yes. OEM Downgrade Rights for desktop operating systems apply to Windows
    XP Professional only. Please note, OEM downgrade versions of Windows XP
    Professional are limited to Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional, Microsoft
    Windows NT Workstation 4.0, and Microsoft Windows 98 (Second Edition). End
    users can use the following media for their downgrade: Volume Licensing media
    (provided the end user has a Volume Licensing agreement), Retail (FPP), or
    System Builder hologram CD (provided the software is acquired in accordance
    with the Microsoft OEM System Builder License). The downgrade operating
    system is governed by the Windows XP Professional EULA, and the end user
    cannot use both the downgrade operating system and Windows XP Professional.
    However, there are no downgrade rights granted for Microsoft Windows XP
    Professional x64 Edition.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGlt?=, Nov 21, 2005