EU software patent malarchy...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Chris Wilkinson, Mar 25, 2005.

  1. Hi there,

    Several sites on sourceforge.net have put up messages and start pages
    'announcing' they are 'closed' for patent infringement, as a way of
    protesting against the software patenting agenda now before the EU
    parliament.

    Here is one example of why software patenting MUST be kicked into touch
    so far that the ball will never be retrieved...

    http://webshop.ffii.org/

    For more information look at...

    http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/

    EVERYONE WILL PAY FOR THIS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY USE FREE SOFTWARE
    OF NON-FREE SOFTWARE. THE ONLY ONES TO BENEFIT FROM SOFTWARE PATENTING
    ARE THE AMERICAN CORPORATES WHO ARE BEHIND ALL THIS SICKENING CRAP...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.
    Remove spamblocker to reply direct to my email...

    Chris Wilkinson, Mar 25, 2005

  2. In article <42449513$>,
    Chris Wilkinson <> wrote:

    >Here is one example of why software patenting MUST be kicked into touch...

    Is that a rugby analogy? If you want Europeans to understand you,
    shouldn't you be using a soccer analogy?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 25, 2005

  3. Chris Wilkinson

    Steve Guest

    On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 11:15:20 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > In article <42449513$>,
    > Chris Wilkinson <> wrote:
    >
    >>Here is one example of why software patenting MUST be kicked into touch...

    > Is that a rugby analogy? If you want Europeans to understand you,
    > shouldn't you be using a soccer analogy?

    It is.

    Steve, Mar 26, 2005
  4. Chris Wilkinson

    steve Guest

    Chris Wilkinson wrote:

    > EVERYONE WILL PAY FOR THIS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY USE FREE SOFTWARE
    > OF NON-FREE SOFTWARE. THE ONLY ONES TO BENEFIT FROM SOFTWARE PATENTING
    > ARE THE AMERICAN CORPORATES WHO ARE BEHIND ALL THIS SICKENING CRAP...

    Which makes you wonder why and how they have their hooks so deep into
    the legislative bodies of the world.

    All us prols asleep in front of the TV sets with our eyes
    open..........ignorant and oblivious.

    steve, Mar 26, 2005
  5. Chris Wilkinson

    Peter Guest

    Chris Wilkinson wrote:
    > EVERYONE WILL PAY FOR THIS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY USE FREE SOFTWARE
    > OF NON-FREE SOFTWARE. THE ONLY ONES TO BENEFIT FROM SOFTWARE PATENTING
    > ARE THE AMERICAN CORPORATES WHO ARE BEHIND ALL THIS SICKENING CRAP...

    sad but true

    Peter, Mar 26, 2005
  6. Hi there,

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In article <42449513$>,
    > Chris Wilkinson <> wrote:
    >

    >>Here is one example of why software patenting MUST be kicked into touch...

    > Is that a rugby analogy? If you want Europeans to understand you,
    > shouldn't you be using a soccer analogy?

    Its only posted to nz.comp. If I were to post to European newsgroups
    I'd use something different...

    Chris Wilkinson, Mar 26, 2005