    TIA
    Chris

    --

    Chris Mayhew, Mar 21, 2005

  2. Chris Mayhew

    colinco Guest

    In article Chris Mayhew says...
    > Hi
    >
    > My new Nikon Coolpix 3200 arrived today from ETOP complete with non
    > English manual.
    >
    > Anyone know were I can get a printable PDF manual ?
    >
    > You can only get non printable manuals online, you have to be able to
    > supply a North American serial number to download a printable version.
    > Also, the camera case I got, which ETOP recommend is to small so not a
    > great start but they are quick to send stuff out and appear to be
    > otherwise well organised. I have emailed them about these things but
    > though I'd ask about the manual here as well.
    >
    > TIA
    > Chris

    North America isn't the only english speaking Nikon market. Try .com.sg

    colinco, Mar 21, 2005

  3. Chris Mayhew

    Bok Guest

    Chris Mayhew wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > My new Nikon Coolpix 3200 arrived today from ETOP complete with non
    > English manual.
    >
    > Anyone know were I can get a printable PDF manual ?

    That's interesting Chris,

    We recently purchased a Nikon D70 from ETOP and it came with a locally
    burned CD containing English manuals for various cameras. I just checked
    the CD and it has a printable PDF manual for your Nikon Coolpix 3200.
    Sounds like they just forgot to include the CD in your package.

    Anyway, if etop don't send you the CD for some reason let me know and I
    can email it to you.

    Bok, Mar 21, 2005
  4. Chris Mayhew

    BILL Guest

    On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:09:36 +1200, Chris Mayhew
    <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >My new Nikon Coolpix 3200 arrived today from ETOP complete with non
    >English manual.
    >
    >Anyone know were I can get a printable PDF manual ?
    >
    >You can only get non printable manuals online, you have to be able to
    >supply a North American serial number to download a printable version.
    >Also, the camera case I got, which ETOP recommend is to small so not a
    >great start but they are quick to send stuff out and appear to be
    >otherwise well organised. I have emailed them about these things but
    >though I'd ask about the manual here as well.
    >
    >TIA
    >Chris

    That is what happens when you deal with a Gray Importer, may be that ETown is
    better as they list English manuals..

    I don't know why you bothered with a low end camera like that..?

    Most shops sell these out of date models cheap..

    You can even haggle with Noel Lemming, I got $100 of the price of a just
    released Sony camera..

    BILL, Mar 21, 2005
  5. Chris Mayhew

    Mercury Guest

    send it back then.

    Mercury, Mar 21, 2005
  6. Chris Mayhew wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > My new Nikon Coolpix 3200 arrived today from ETOP complete with non
    > English manual.
    >
    > Anyone know were I can get a printable PDF manual ?
    >
    > You can only get non printable manuals online, you have to be able to
    > supply a North American serial number to download a printable version.
    > Also, the camera case I got, which ETOP recommend is to small so not a
    > great start but they are quick to send stuff out and appear to be
    > otherwise well organised. I have emailed them about these things but
    > though I'd ask about the manual here as well.

    I'll check for a manual tomorrow at work.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 21, 2005
  7. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Bok wrote:
    > Chris Mayhew wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> My new Nikon Coolpix 3200 arrived today from ETOP complete with non
    >> English manual.
    >>
    >> Anyone know were I can get a printable PDF manual ?
    >>

    > That's interesting Chris,
    >
    > We recently purchased a Nikon D70 from ETOP and it came with a locally
    > burned CD containing English manuals for various cameras. I just checked
    > the CD and it has a printable PDF manual for your Nikon Coolpix 3200.
    > Sounds like they just forgot to include the CD in your package.
    >
    > Anyway, if etop don't send you the CD for some reason let me know and I
    > can email it to you.

    Thanks for your offer but ETOP pointed me to the .com.sg site.

    MANUAL - COOLPIX
    http://www.nikon.com.sg/TechSupp/Manual/COOLPIX/COOLPIX_Manual.htm

    It took them a whole 5 mins to respond, with the info and an apology for
    any inconvenience caused.

    Pretty good service though, may have just forgotten to put one of those
    CD's in the box or maybe they don't do that for the cheaper camera's.

    Chris Mayhew, Mar 21, 2005
  8. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    BILL wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:09:36 +1200, Chris Mayhew
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Hi
    >>
    >>My new Nikon Coolpix 3200 arrived today from ETOP complete with non
    >>English manual.
    >>
    >>Anyone know were I can get a printable PDF manual ?
    >>
    >>You can only get non printable manuals online, you have to be able to
    >>supply a North American serial number to download a printable version.
    >>Also, the camera case I got, which ETOP recommend is to small so not a
    >>great start but they are quick to send stuff out and appear to be
    >>otherwise well organised. I have emailed them about these things but
    >>though I'd ask about the manual here as well.
    >>
    >>TIA
    >>Chris

    > That is what happens when you deal with a Gray Importer, may be that ETown is
    > better as they list English manuals..
    >

    > I don't know why you bothered with a low end camera like that..?
    >
    > Most shops sell these out of date models cheap..
    >
    > You can even haggle with Noel Lemming, I got $100 of the price of a just
    > released Sony camera..

    Yeah, I figured that they might be a "Grey Importer" - the price was so
    low - there had to be a catch some where. For me it's not a big deal to
    print out a PDF - now that I have one. I'd rather do that than pay more
    and get a printed manual. I think ETown was about $100 or $150 more
    from memory, but don't quote me on that.

    I'm sure the new models are just round the corner, as it's spring in the
    Northern Hemesphere which is another reason why this camera was only
    $248 +GST and will do everything that I want, and at that price I doubt
    that I'd get much off else where.

    They are offering to fix the camera bag size problem no questions asked
    so they can't be faulted really, actually i'm pretty impressed with them
    overall.

    Chris Mayhew, Mar 21, 2005
  9. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Chris Mayhew wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> My new Nikon Coolpix 3200 arrived today from ETOP complete with non
    >> English manual.
    >>
    >> Anyone know were I can get a printable PDF manual ?
    >>
    >> You can only get non printable manuals online, you have to be able to
    >> supply a North American serial number to download a printable version.
    >> Also, the camera case I got, which ETOP recommend is to small so not a
    >> great start but they are quick to send stuff out and appear to be
    >> otherwise well organised. I have emailed them about these things but
    >> though I'd ask about the manual here as well.

    > I'll check for a manual tomorrow at work.

    Thanks Dave, but I got it sorted out.

    Chris Mayhew, Mar 21, 2005
  10. Chris Mayhew

    Jedmeister Guest

    "Chris Mayhew" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > My new Nikon Coolpix 3200 arrived today from ETOP complete with non
    > English manual.
    >
    > Anyone know were I can get a printable PDF manual ?
    >
    > You can only get non printable manuals online, you have to be able to
    > supply a North American serial number to download a printable version.
    > Also, the camera case I got, which ETOP recommend is to small so not a
    > great start but they are quick to send stuff out and appear to be
    > otherwise well organised. I have emailed them about these things but
    > though I'd ask about the manual here as well.
    >
    > TIA
    > Chris
    >
    > --

    I thought manuals were just for starting the fire?

    Jedmeister, Mar 21, 2005
  11. Chris Mayhew

    BILL Guest

    On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:09:00 +1200, Chris Mayhew
    <> wrote:

    >BILL wrote:
    >> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:09:36 +1200, Chris Mayhew
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hi
    >>>
    >>>My new Nikon Coolpix 3200 arrived today from ETOP complete with non
    >>>English manual.
    >>>
    >>>Anyone know were I can get a printable PDF manual ?
    >>>
    >>>You can only get non printable manuals online, you have to be able to
    >>>supply a North American serial number to download a printable version.
    >>>Also, the camera case I got, which ETOP recommend is to small so not a
    >>>great start but they are quick to send stuff out and appear to be
    >>>otherwise well organised. I have emailed them about these things but
    >>>though I'd ask about the manual here as well.
    >>>
    >>>TIA
    >>>Chris

    >> That is what happens when you deal with a Gray Importer, may be that ETown is
    >> better as they list English manuals..
    >>

    >> I don't know why you bothered with a low end camera like that..?
    >>
    >> Most shops sell these out of date models cheap..
    >>
    >> You can even haggle with Noel Lemming, I got $100 of the price of a just
    >> released Sony camera..
    >>

    >Yeah, I figured that they might be a "Grey Importer" - the price was so
    >low - there had to be a catch some where. For me it's not a big deal to
    >print out a PDF - now that I have one. I'd rather do that than pay more
    >and get a printed manual. I think ETown was about $100 or $150 more
    >from memory, but don't quote me on that.
    >
    >I'm sure the new models are just round the corner, as it's spring in the
    >Northern Hemesphere which is another reason why this camera was only
    >$248 +GST and will do everything that I want, and at that price I doubt
    >that I'd get much off else where.
    >
    >They are offering to fix the camera bag size problem no questions asked
    >so they can't be faulted really, actually i'm pretty impressed with them
    >overall.

    Sound good..

    I think there are few firms now doing Gray Imports as camera Prices are very
    high here..

    The Other thing to what out for is the TV out, some are NTSC only.

    Cameras that do that have separate model numbers, ie a letter on the end.

    Like xxxxp for PALL and xxxxn for NTSC..

    BILL, Mar 21, 2005
  12. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    BILL wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:09:00 +1200, Chris Mayhew
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>BILL wrote:

    >>>That is what happens when you deal with a Gray Importer, may be that ETown is
    >>>better as they list English manuals..
    >>>

    >>>I don't know why you bothered with a low end camera like that..?
    >>>
    >>>Most shops sell these out of date models cheap..
    >>>
    >>>You can even haggle with Noel Lemming, I got $100 of the price of a just
    >>>released Sony camera..
    >>>

    >>Yeah, I figured that they might be a "Grey Importer" - the price was so
    >>low - there had to be a catch some where. For me it's not a big deal to
    >>print out a PDF - now that I have one. I'd rather do that than pay more
    >>and get a printed manual. I think ETown was about $100 or $150 more

    >>from memory, but don't quote me on that.

    >>I'm sure the new models are just round the corner, as it's spring in the
    >>Northern Hemesphere which is another reason why this camera was only
    >>$248 +GST and will do everything that I want, and at that price I doubt
    >>that I'd get much off else where.
    >>
    >>They are offering to fix the camera bag size problem no questions asked
    >>so they can't be faulted really, actually i'm pretty impressed with them
    >>overall.

    > Sound good..
    >
    > I think there are few firms now doing Gray Imports as camera Prices are very
    > high here..
    >
    > The Other thing to what out for is the TV out, some are NTSC only.
    >
    > Cameras that do that have separate model numbers, ie a letter on the end.
    >
    > Like xxxxp for PALL and xxxxn for NTSC..

    The Nikon does PAL and NTSC and comes with a cable which might be handy.
    It also came with a pair of 2000mAH NI-MH batteries and a charger. It
    was the travel adapter that made the penny drop re grey importer, that,
    and the fact that the manual was in some Asian language. Am going to
    Auckland this weekend so will see how it works out.

    Chris Mayhew, Mar 22, 2005