    I desparately need to get into this thing, is there a factory reset to
    default option somewhere ? Or , how do I load the module without a
    config file?

    philbo30, Jun 5, 2007

  2. philbo30

    Trendkill Guest

    On Jun 5, 3:07 pm, philbo30 <> wrote:
    > Accidentally loaded the wrong config file on an Etherswitch
    > NME-16ES-1G etherswitch module that doesn't utilize proper AAA
    > configuration and I'm now locked out. The console access responds with
    > the banner and no username or password prompt and ultimately
    > "authentication failed".
    >
    > On a router this is easy recovery, boot with confreg 0x2142 and load
    > the running config from start and make the updates. The problem here
    > is that I can't get to the Etherswitch module console or in via telnet
    > (no password set when trying to "Enable" via telnet)
    >
    > I desparately need to get into this thing, is there a factory reset to
    > default option somewhere ? Or , how do I load the module without a
    > config file?

    Search cisco for password recovery or factory reset. There are
    usually break sequences you can issue upon switch reboot that will
    help solve your situation. May want to include your chassis in the
    search, or module/code if that doesn't work.

    Trendkill, Jun 5, 2007

  3. philbo30

    philbo30 Guest

    On Jun 5, 3:50 pm, Trendkill <> wrote:
    > On Jun 5, 3:07 pm, philbo30 <> wrote:
    >
    > > Accidentally loaded the wrong config file on an Etherswitch
    > > NME-16ES-1G etherswitch module that doesn't utilize proper AAA
    > > configuration and I'm now locked out. The console access responds with
    > > the banner and no username or password prompt and ultimately
    > > "authentication failed".

    > > On a router this is easy recovery, boot with confreg 0x2142 and load
    > > the running config from start and make the updates. The problem here
    > > is that I can't get to the Etherswitch module console or in via telnet
    > > (no password set when trying to "Enable" via telnet)

    > > I desparately need to get into this thing, is there a factory reset to
    > > default option somewhere ? Or , how do I load the module without a
    > > config file?

    > Search cisco for password recovery or factory reset. There are
    > usually break sequences you can issue upon switch reboot that will
    > help solve your situation. May want to include your chassis in the
    > search, or module/code if that doesn't work.

    Issue resolved; the aaa new-model on the 3845 was causing the problem;
    with that temporarily removed, no problem getting to the console of
    etherswitch module.

    philbo30, Jun 6, 2007