Ethernet interface configuration in PIX

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Benson, Sep 5, 2004.

  1. Benson

    Benson Guest

    Hi,

    I have a PIX506 which has a WAN port and two Ethernet interfaces; the
    WAN port is using the Broadband Line...so the ethernet(1st ) is used
    for Internal User; the other ethernet ( 2nd ) interface is connecting
    to the HQ network.

    I want to know how to config the PIX506, so that
    1. User wants to access the internet will use the Broadband line (Pix
    WAN Port );

    2. User wants to access the HQ will use the 2nd ethernet interface (
    packet will forward to this interface )

    Assume:

    1. Internat network : 172.10.10.x/24
    2. HQ network : 172.10.0.0 /16
    3. The WAN Port : pppoe

    Thank you

    Benson, Sep 5, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    Benson <> wrote:
    :I have a PIX506 which has a WAN port and two Ethernet interfaces;

    You must be mistaken: the PIX 506 is a fixed-configuration device
    with only two interfaces. Perhaps you have a PIX 515?

    --
    Sub-millibarn resolution bio-hyperdimensional plasmatic space
    polyimaging is just around the corner. -- Corry Lee Smith

    Walter Roberson, Sep 5, 2004

  3. Benson

    PES Guest

    "Benson" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a PIX506 which has a WAN port and two Ethernet interfaces; the
    > WAN port is using the Broadband Line...so the ethernet(1st ) is used
    > for Internal User; the other ethernet ( 2nd ) interface is connecting
    > to the HQ network.
    >
    > I want to know how to config the PIX506, so that
    > 1. User wants to access the internet will use the Broadband line (Pix
    > WAN Port );
    >
    > 2. User wants to access the HQ will use the 2nd ethernet interface (
    > packet will forward to this interface )
    >

    > Assume:
    >
    > 1. Internat network : 172.10.10.x/24
    > 2. HQ network : 172.10.0.0 /16
    > 3. The WAN Port : pppoe
    >

    > Thank you

    HQ overlaps internal. Also, must be a pix 515 if it actually has more than
    two interfaces. Or it could be a 501 which has two interfaces, but one
    interface is actually a four port switch. In either case we need more info.

    PES, Sep 5, 2004
  4. Benson

    S. Gione Guest

    Benson,

    Is it possible that the port you plan to use for "broadband" has a
    powder-blue label?

    If so, it's use (even though having an RJ-45 interface) is actually an async
    serial connection for making a console connection ... not to be confused
    with a WAN serial port on a router.

    S. Gione, Sep 7, 2004