    up.

    Can anyone help?

    Cheers in advance

    ChasW, Jul 18, 2003

  2. ChasW

    Andy Smith Guest

    No keepalive

    Andy Smith, Jul 18, 2003

  3. "Andy Smith" <> wrote in message
    > No keepalive

    No really: pings will fail since there is no physical layer (the pings are
    actually sent out on the wire, and listened for). And this trick only works
    on AUI, since the 10[0][0]BaseT ports are using the Link signal to monitor
    the 'upness' of an interface.

    If you just want to make a ping work with nothing attached, use a loopback
    interface.

    Phillip Remaker, Jul 18, 2003
  4. ChasW

    Jeff Specoli Guest

    I'm seem to recall reading once you can achieve your goal by setting
    the keepalive to 0 under the ethernet interface.

    Regards.

    Jeff Specoli, Jul 18, 2003